Whitefish River Scourge
29 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
Stuff was weird. But that was a given. She wasn't fond of uncertain answers. With uncertain answers she instead went and made something up because that is, after all, what you should totally do. It might not make sense, but whatever. She would make the world work. Much better to just say nope, everything was ok.

The bad thing about the rain meant they'd been kept away from the river, but again, she'd gone and found her own solution -- not too far away was a low point in the ground that had gathered a nice little pool of water. And well, now it was no longer water. In fact, Nutmeg now probably better resembled a particularly prickly swamp monster -- it had probably lightened the color brown she was, though. But now she rambled back to look for @Primrose or @Ira who hadn't been privy to her bit of wandering as far as she knew.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She had been pushing herself lately, but when had she not? Speedy would be fuming to know that Ira was walking, but she still had duties, some that can't be put on hold or passed off to another. After all, Ira was a mother now and she wasn't about to let some burns stop her from tending to them. She can bite back the pain, even if mud clung to her legs and her fur had been singed.

The Count made her way slowly through the woods, though now they resembled more of a swamp with all the rain. She might have told her daughters to keep close, but she knew them, they would wander anyways. It was part of a child's nature to be curious, she couldn't strip that from them nor did she wish to. Curiosity is how you learn after all.

Eventually, a brown blob was spotted through the trees, though she too seemed to be in a state of disarray. Again, she had the rain to blame for that, but one day it would pass...hopefully. Nutmeg, what are you doing? It wasn't meant in a judging way, she too was curious though for different reasons. You should avoid being alone, you're still young. Is Prim with you? If they were going to wander she could only ask that they do it together. Then if anything happened the other could get someone.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim had not been far away. She had been playing around the mud pool as well until a sound caught her ears. She went to check what it was and had stumbled through the underbrush. She never really found what it was but she heard her mother whom she was always happy to see. The girl turned and moved back to where she heard her voice. So soon after her mother asked about her, the girl came from the bushes, running. She had tiny sticks and leaves hanging from her muddy fur.

"Moooom," she beamed and went to her. The girl jumped up against the bigger wolf's chest so she could lick her jaws and chin in greeting. Her tail was wagging like crazy. She liked that they were to explore more, the rain did little to stop the greyscale female from exploring their lands. Which left her dirty and full of mud from time to time.
29 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
However, Nutmeg was quite proud of the disaster she'd created, Looook! Like it was totally obvious! She was some kind of B-movie monster who had wandered away from the set. Her eyes were full of all sorts of mischief, there was no problem here, just trouble. But being alone? Ummm, she looked behind her, then back. She wasn't alone at one point, S'good! Just playin'. That wasn't too bad, right? From Nutmeg's tone, she thought it was juuuust fine. Duh, again, nothing was wrong. Things were totally okay, and she'd probably yell incoherently if someone said otherwise.

And before she had to track down what actually happened to Primrose, there she appeared! And much like her sister, the mud and gunk-covered brown girl smashed herself up against her mother, rather like a particularly gross cat.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Luck would have it that her eldest was not far and now charging out, equally dirty with mud and sticks protruding from what used to be her light pelt. Prim rushed up to her and pressed against her chest with a drawn out cry as she grinned. There you are, She sighed in relief as she reached down to pull some of the larger sticks free from Prim's pelt. What have you two been up to? Your game left you both awfully dirty.

There was no avoiding the mud that was now being smeared into her own fur, but honestly, the new mother couldn't find the energy to care. She was just happy to see her girls. As long as they were safe and happy, a little mud could be tolerated and she'd prove it with a kiss to the lighter girl's head.
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim was pretty pleased with the attention she got. Her tail was happily wagging when her mother plucked twigs from her fur and gave her a kiss. The girl plopped down on her butt and looked up at her mother. "I am feeerce MONSTA," she explained to her mother. She had wanted to make herself look scary with twigs and mud. She grinned proudly, her tail wagging.

She had been planning to stalk her sister and see how scary she really looked but then her mother had arrived. She wondered if her sister would even be impressed. Rain was starting to come down again, and for Prim it was almost normal with the amount it rained. "Bath?" she asked curiously, tipping her head. She didn't really want a bath but she did understand that dirty meant bath.
29 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yeah! RoaaaaaAGGGHAHHG! Well, that was totally how a monster sounded, right? She bounced away and stomped around a little to emphasize how that was totally a thing. But they weren't here in another oversize puddle here, there was no dramatic splashing around when her oversized paws smashed the ground. It just left a pawprint. Not dramatic enough, annoying!

But at Prim's suggestion, Nutmeg spoke up quick, Nooo! No baths for monsters! That would be counterproductive, so she'd have to disagree if that was on the agenda. She, at least, wasn't ready to stop playing. She wanted to go expand the game somehow, though she wasn't sure how at this particular second. Rampage around and find some unsuspecting victim or something.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Prim seemed content as she plopped down, lighting up at the chance to proclaim her new occupation. A "feerce monsta" which was quickly followed by Nutmeg's load roar. Ira stifled her laugh, but a few chuckles still managed to slip by unguarded. My my, two monsters trespassing on my land? It seemed that Primrose had picked up on her original intention, something heavily protested by her sister.

No, I'm afraid monsters are too foul for baths. Too foul for my kingdom as well. The Count puffed out her chest as she now stood her ground. I'm not sure how you managed to make it this far, but your rampage ends now. I will not allow either of you to harm my people nor my family. Ira was surprisingly fast to fall into the role of a knight as she weakly lunged towards Nutmeg for her protests. She was purposely slow to give the two a chance to scatter or avoid her fangs, though should she grow close enough Ira would grab hold of her daughter lightly.
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim turned her head when her sister protested the bath and quickly agreed with her. Monsters couldn't go in bath. Prim's tail started to wag quickly when her mother played along. She puffed up and jumped forward with a growl. "BAD MONSTA," she called out, because she was very bad monster! She grinned excitedly at her sister when their mother said they weren't not to have a bath.

Prim jumped from side to side, eager to look like a scary monster. She let out a roar. "Mud monsters WIN!," she stated and then jumped forward to attack the noble knight that was her mother. Prim tried to attack her mother's paws, trying to jump on them and pin them down so the knight couldn't escape!!!
29 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
But then mom kept talking. Hmm. Her brain processing this all probably gave her a particularly thoughtful look. What was she up to? No no, this wasn't gonna be straightforward was it? Too much talking was fraying her limited attention span, ears slowly rotating up on her skull as she figured something was afoot without entirely listening. Twitchy.

Probably a good thing as attention ended focusing on her. As her mother dove forward, Nutmeg yelled something incoherent and fled, but not far as she looked over her shoulder, in fact, if their mother didn't chase, she'd immediately come to a halt and turn back. Gotta help her sister, after all!
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It seemed that her plan only half worked. Nutmeg was quick to turn tail and run, though much to her surprise Prim ran towards her, the pale girl's focus turned on her paws. Ira skidded to a halt not wanting to barrel over her daughter who was now practically jumping on her in the large opening she had left unintentionally. While she was surprised, the Count was still quick to act and grabbed lightly at her daughter's muddied tail unaware that Nutmeg had now turned back towards their play fight.
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim was not aware that there decision had been a surprise. She was going to attack and fight for her mid monster race against the knight. She had tried to jump her mother but ended up falling in the gap. The knight then grabbed her tail. She let out a squeak, more in surprise than in any pain. It would have sounded differently. She then growled, eager to fight. Though then she saw her sister coming to her aid. Prim beamed and yipped.

She was quick to get to her feet and try to go for her mother's ankles to try and stop her from escaping. She had the confidence that she would succeed, after all, she was fearless monster!!!
29 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Turn, pause, lock on new target. From a pup's perspective her return to attack was probably quite fluid and acrobatic, but of course, they were kids. So while her mother was turned away, she zoomed back over with a specific thing in mind -- biting her tail. Why? Dunno. It moved. Something that moved and drew her attention and suddenly seemed super awesome. So run, leap, chomp! Honestly, no plan beyond that, mostly because running over and biting a tail usually meant you became the center of attention. Maybe that was the plan all along! Nah, that'd be too much thought.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
And then there were two— With one at her paws and the other now grabbing her tail, Ira knew she was running out of options, especially if the game were to end in her children's favor. With a feigned yell, the Count took a step forward acting as if she had tripped on her own paws before gracefully flopping onto her side.

She was sure that there was her own fair share of mud now coating her side, but for the sake of her daughters, she wouldn't complain. Gahh— how could this be? To be defeated here and by monsters no less! The mother waved a leg in the direction of the two mud-covered pups before letting it drop back to her side. Next time you won't be as lucky.
41 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Prim squeaked with excitement when her mother flopped over. For a moment there was disbelief that they managed to get her mother down, uhh she meant the knight. Prim grinned and jumped on her mother with her muddy body. Making sure that the side that wasn't covered would be covered now too. She was almost swiped by the leg. Prim giggled. "Got u!!!" she beamed and then showered her mother with licks.
29 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
She let go of the tail for a second as her mother toppled, for a brief second wondering if they were a little too effective with their attack. But also victory was way too much fun so nah, probably ok!

But hey, THEY WON! So, hah! Nutmeg too had to show off their victory by climbing atop their mom as well -- though Nutmeg was much more walking atop her like she would a rock than just plain tackling. Raaagh! Monsters always wiiiiin! was her victory roar, a light stomp of her foot on Ira's ribcage to prove a point. She probably shouldn't do that, but hey, monsters right?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
wrap up here?

The Count laid still letting her daughters claim their victory, a slight wince as Nutmeg stomped at her ribs before shifting to shake them off carefully.  Alright, alright. Now that you've had your victory you should get cleaned up... Well given that she too was now covered in mud maybe they all could use a bath. Actually, I think we all could benefit from a bit of cleaning. Ira gestured with her head for the two to follow, though rather they would or not was still up in the air. Primrose likely wouldn't give much fuss, but there was a good chance Nutmeg would need some convincing. If you get nice and clean we can go pick out something from the caches.