Whitefish River Calling out father oh, hold fast and we will
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
It had been two days exact, that Orlaith was secluded into a den of unknown origins. She woke up, but immedietly removed herself from the previous den she was in. Traces of others could be seen, and beside her was another who seemed to be in a coma. Though, still unrecognizable. She sometimes looked outside to see others, but they too, were unrecognizable.

Upon the night of yesterday, she removed herself and lodged into an empty site. Her body burned, and she hissed with every movement. Her teeth pulled back, as she watched for any, and all to be near. Painful, yes, paranoid, also yes. Having no idea who she was, or where she was- she was like a beast.

She contemplated simply fleeing from here, but it was hard in her condition. So the wolf, got up and started to wonder the creek. She held a glare to her look, hiding the fear she felt..
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Treating Ira and Orlaith's burns had been quite a challenge for the healer. She could tend wounds and treat sickness and soothe pain, but burns were not something she was all that familiar with. While the women were unconscious, she tried to keep wet moss over the burned skin and hope that it would help control the pain until they were awake enough to eat poppy seeds. She was also concerned about infection. So today she held a few herbs between her teeth, intending to make a poultice and apply it to the burns after insisting that each of her patients take a long soak in the river before she applied it. 

It seemed like she wouldn't need to go on a search for Orlaith, although she was upset to find her out roaming around when she should be resting.

She trotted forward to the formidable woman, fitting her with concerned frown. Stopping in her path, Speedy set the plants down so that she could speak. You should be resting, she scolded. You must be in pain right now. She looked her over, wondering if she would resist her help or let her continue to care for her burns. I'd like to help with that if you will allow it.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
She was like a wild animal, as she always was, even before the accident. The woman backed up, there was a rage in her eyes, but hinted with a fear, a worry, "Who are you!" She demanded, a disarray attacked her mind as she crouched as if she was a pouncing leopard. The other, acted friendly and with worry, but the flaming wolf didn't know she was.

There was momentarily conciousness, when in and out of her coma, and faintly remembered the look and smell of this medic. However, she was confused and lost, worried about what was happening. The phoenix flinched in pain when she crouched to an attack, but remained like so, maintaining a aggressive position. 

"Who am I!"

The only thing, she remembered, as her name; Orlaith.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She hadn't been expecting such a reaction, but she quickly veiled her surprise, not wanting to set the woman off anymore. Instead she calmly answered her questions. I'm not here to hurt you, she softly assured. I'm Speedy. You're in Kaistleoki, and I am the physician here. She wanted to take a step forward, but she stayed where she was, afraid of upsetting Orlaith any further. She watched the other woman somewhat warily, but mostly she was concerned about her; she could easily hurt Speedy if she wished, but all the healer cared about was calming her so that she could help fill in the holes in what happened and tend to her wounds. All I know is that your name is Orlaith, she answered. Do you remember me taking care of your burns the last few days? Or how you got the burns?
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
She was still hunched in an attack-like mode, while giving a wary stare to Speedy. She nodded, remembering vaguely of the medic. An odd name, she immedietly thought, and an odd name for a group even more-so. Kaistleoki? It sounded familiar, but she still couldn't remember anything even familiar toward it.

"How do you know my name? Do I know you?" Her voice mellowed, but she still was like a flame, wild and crazed, staring at the other.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Her soothing assurance that she would not hurt the other woman did nothing to ease the tension from her muscles or relax her from her aggressive stance, so Speedy stayed where she was, not wanting to push her any further. 

Then came her strange question, followed by a crazed look. Speedy felt for the other woman, her confusion and distress like fire against her senses. You told me your name, she reminded her gently. I helped you and Ira home from the field where you were struck by lightening. Would that coax the memories from whatever part of her mind was hiding them?
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Ah." That explained more and felt better, Orlaith dipped her head a bit in gratitude, "thank you then." The woman helped heal her so, though it could never heal the mind she had lost. An unfortunate time that she would have to accept- but the feelings were so foreign, she didn't want to.

"You are Speedy, yes?" her mind was a bit warped from the earlier anger, and had to re-ask just in case, "how long have you been the medic?"
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy shook her head. There is no need to thank me; I'm just relieved that you're able to get up and move around. She had been worried at first that she wouldn't be able to do much for their type of injuries. But she was glad that both Orlaith and Ira seemed to be healing. 

She nodded when the other woman asked if she was Speedy. And to her second question, she smiled. For the entire time this pack has existed. She had joined as the medic and was proud of her responsibility here. I came here the summer before last, when the pack had just settled on the river, she explained. Of course, some things had changed—she had changed, but it all had been mostly for the better. She was reminded of Evergreen and Winterbourne then, and also reminded that not all the change had been good. 

Concern wrinkled her face then. How are you feeling? That was her real reason for seeking out Orlaith; she wanted to make sure she didn't need anything.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
The feeling of guilt was somewhat hitting her chest, as she held thoughts to simply flee. However; where could she even flee to if that was the truth? Everything was like hidden behind a wall, she could feel it was there, yet couldn't see what was beyond. The memories were all but a blurr, and even angered her moreso as she bristledd at the invisible barrier, blocking her from what she used to know.

Because of this anger, Orlaith moodswinged a snapping growl, "Fine!" then obviously, the moment she would leave. Though the pain wouldn't let her so, and so the large woman only curled up in anger, and embarassment and seethed out of her mouth, "I'd like to be left alone now."
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She couldn't help but be a little startled by the other woman's sudden shift in mood, but she mostly contained the emotion; she didn't want Orlaith to feel like she was being judged, as well as, she wanted to remain calm in an effort to keep things from escalating. She also wasn't going to push her patient unnecessarily to talk about things that were upsetting to her, even if she didn't quite understand all that had happened to incite her sudden surge of anger. Neither was she going to point out how obviously not fine she was; now did not seem like the time to force things. Maybe when she was feeling better. 

All right, Speedy said gently. I'll leave you to rest, but if you need anything, please let me know. She nosed over some willow bark and poppy seeds then. For pain, she explained. You just eat them. She nodded and then turned to leave, trotting off to leave Orlaith in peace unless stopped.