Mount Apikuni Just got into town
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Private 
Dated early the 23rd?

He'd waited and hunted for himself before starting the homeward journey. He wanted to make sure he'd be able to make his way back through the mountains without stopping for the night, without worrying about the Saints. He started back before dawn, weaving his way along the west side of the mountain, at the very foot of it where the rockslide ended. Well, nearly. There were some pretty big boulders and other rocks half buried in earth, but for the most part Mal kept off them. Stuff was too damp and he had no desire to slip and hurt himself.

But thus far, the trip was a failure. Cupid was who-knows where. Hopefully back in the forest by now, but Mal wasn't sure what to think of it. He wasn't sure what to say to Caerus if he wasn't. How far could he search? How could he risk to ask someone to go looking? He didn't like anything his brain was coming up with, they all sounded awful. So instead he kept moving, picking his way along the western side of the valley. Maybe he should go over the hill there, be farther out of view of any Saints who were acting a bit too greedy about what land was theirs again.
MY PUPILS FROZEN, EYES LOCKED ON YOU
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Things were stressful at home. The paranoia of a post-murder period hung over him like a dark cloud, and he could only wonder how long it might be till the rain washed the dirt away from her shallow grave; exposed the bones buried in the soil. He knew he didn't want to be there when they found it all. The devil was coming for him, surely, but he wished to put it off for as long as possible... and so wandered away again, careful however not to go too far. 

Right ahead in his path there was a shifting dot, and as it got a little closer he realized it was the lone form of a wolf. Takeshi paused as he stared him down, not in a defensive way, something more like curious. Who was he?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Or maybe the devil came in a tailored spotted suit? Certainly as Mal got closer he'd like to think so, doubly so if he'd been able to read narration.

Back in reality, Mal had spotted the pale figure up ahead and hadn't thought much of it. Would a Saints person wander this close to the valley? There was a pack there, wasn't there? He was kind of unclear about the details and couldn't remember if that was where Ibis was or not. But whoever it was stood along the path was pretty much the way he was going anyway. And they didn't seem to be leaving. Maybe it was someone to warn about that one Saints guy as his good deed for the week.

But as he got closer, he felt the shiver of familiarity down his spine before he figured out the reason. Then, it hit him. The scent. In some twisted way, it made him happy -- revenge, perhaps? At least that meant putting on a smiling face wasn't too much of a trick. Oh, this was going to be good. So, Mal kept approaching, and things got even better. Well, worse. But if he'd had any lingering issues, they were pretty much erased as things got clearer. White guy, brown mark on nose. The same wolf. Mal wasn't ready for this. He had planned on finding the scent, finding Riley, they could go hunt the guy down then... But here he was, alone. Hell.

So, wing it. He slowed as he approached, calling out cheerily, Best watch out, things have gotten pretty slippery. Hope you're not out here because you have to be. Then again, Mal didn't think this dude should be out here because he wanted to be either. Maybe if he wanted to throw himself off the mountain, Mal would allow that.
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
The stranger called to him with an upbeat tone, but his words were odd, and Takeshi tilted his broad head in playing dumb. Huh? He offered back, Not sure what you're talking about. Yeah, this guy didn't look remotely familiar, and Takeshi didn't consider the spottiness of his victim enough to connect the dots that she might have an angry mother or father somewhere. If anything he'd assumed she was an orphan of sorts- who would let their little girl wander out into a world full of monsters? But yeah, this guy was a stranger. You from around here? He tried to tilt the conversation in a simpler direction, one that made more sense to him than whatever Mal was trying to imply.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He did need to get closer no matter what. It wasn't like wolves owned bows or guns or grenades. So he'd make his way closer and see how the guy reacted before striking in some way. It'd be a nice bit of acting -- Mal deserved an Oscar. The rain of course! he guffawed cheerily. He moved along then paused, rerouting closer towards him after deciding the path he'd been taking was a little too risky.

Picking his way over with presumed caution, he continued on to answer, But no, just passing through, I can't say this particular bit of land has my fancy -- rather treacherous. Yourself? He was just a friendly dude. One who was maybe ogling the guy a little more than needed, and if Mal realized that perhaps he'd make that his play instead.
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
This guy was weird. Shi didn't like his fake upbeat attitude, nor the way he approached so easily. He wondered if he ought to play into territorialism- chase off this fool, and avoid dealing with whatever game he was playing. I'm from near here. He answered gruffly, We don't like people coming too close. You have any business here? If not, you should be on your way. A narrowing of his eyes.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal just continued to pick his way over as he walked -- he was no threat, obviously. Just some guy out for a walk, who happened to be a friendly, happy dude. But this guy didn't seem to be letting his guard down. Hm. He'd try a slightly different approach. 

However, he let his tone shift as he looked up a moment, Just been trying to find a friend of mine. Haven't seen him, have you? Handsome dark brown color, with an odd mark on his forehead? He asked somewhat imploringly. He was just some guy looking for his friend. Or more than friend if the guy took it that way, honestly Mal didn't care, especially if it gave the result he wanted.
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
This guy didn't seem to want to leave. Mal shook his head to himself, huffing out a sigh but twitching his ears in listening. Haven't seen him. Takeshi muttered loud enough for Mal to hear after a moment. What was up with him calling him "handsome", anyway? Presently choosing to ignore what he'd done with Clay before, Takeshi raised a brow slightly at the stranger, rather obviously judging him, though his lips stayed shut. The beast shifted forward slightly, fur spiking a touch along his spine in a cold manner, a sign that he was getting tired of this interaction. If I see him, I'll come let you know... if you tell me where you're from, that is. Takeshi offered, but he was tight-lipped, and his face was furrowed into something with annoyance. Takeshi wasn't much in the mood for this... and though he preferred to attack pretty girls, if Mal kept testing his patience, perhaps the arctic beast would lash out and be done with this.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
At a certain point Mal had stopped listening to himself talk. It was like hearing someone else do it. Just tell him to come home. We're worried. A sigh. The ridge you're on is the easiest path to walk though -- I'll be out of your way that much faster. 

So as he started to walk by, Mal's friendly countenance didn't change -- there was no warning before he lashed out at the white man's face. Bloody gouges were left behind as he tried to pull away, jaws shut, prize of flesh between them. It was not an aimed attack, but it would bleed heavily and was a nice big sign that this guy was no angel for whoever he crossed paths with next. But Mal was also no fool, he wasn't gonna stick around.

For his troubles, teeth tore at his shoulder as he turned to run. Mal twisted back to deliver another bite to convince the man to free him. Mal had gotten the initial better attack -- and partially blinded by blood, the hold on his shoulder wasn't particularly good. Mal's fangs clipped through fur again, raking into the thin layer of flesh on the man's face. His own snarl, and he was let free, but the spotted man wasn't gonna linger. He ran, and didn't stop. Now he knew where to find this monster later.