Moonspear Every road to recovery starts at the breakdown
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Set in Silverlight Terrace / at the border, ish. Tags for reference.

A week after finding @Sunhawk and he's dragged the poor bastard with him, trying to keep them both alive despite all the damage they've suffered. The rain doesn't help at all; a warmth radiates from Revui's freshest bites and his coat has become haggard, more than soggy and muddy, but missing in patches where @Simmik had torn in to him. The patches spread with the burning in his skin. He was too hot despite the frigid rain, and after a few days of hiking (moving with a zombie's mien) he wasn't aware of his surroundings at all.

He wasn't even sure if Sunhawk was still with him. His breathing was heavy, he wheezed more than anything. His sides were aching where his ribs had been cracked. Parts of his face were puffy with inflammation and limited his vision. All Revui could do was keep walking; through the woods where the rain was briefly stunted, across a gully full of rushing water, until there was a wall of mountains and their shadow swallowed him up.

Something shimmered within the rain — or maybe it was just the rain, he didn't know at this point. It looked briefly familiar, like a wolf shape, and as Revui tried to focus his attention and squint through a nearly-shut eye covered in crusting pus, it looked more like a gathering of mist.

The world spun. The mist became a constellation as it broke apart, glimmering with a shock of springtime green, and down he went. His chin hit the gravel, his mandible shutting violently while his boulder-like chest fwumped against the marshy grass.

The rain continued to fall.

He did not rise.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Oftentimes she wandered now, trailing paths both familiar and not; it kept her mind occupied and her senses working, kept her from growing dull again. Always was she careful now, moving against the wind and redirecting herself when canid scents greeted her nares. But when the rain came, those same scents became scattered—not absent entirely but scattered about, various pieces of a puzzle that she couldn’t grasp the entire image of. It unnerved her, left her crouching low and stalking through the storm, just about ready to head back to the peaks—

—but then there was a shape and that shape took the form of a wolf. Stilled instantly, her hackles raised and ears flattened against her skull; she did not recognise him anymore than she might a true stranger. And then, without hesitation, her head flung back and out came her cry for @Hydra.
151 Posts
Ooc — summer
Mira's new favorite hobby was stalking. She didn't just enjoy it; she was good at it, or as good as a wolf of her age could be. She would find some relative or another, and with the aid of her small size and shadowy coloration, follow at an overkill of a distance to ensure her game would go undisturbed. Today she stalked Yama curiously, always keenly aware of the border ever since Hydra's warnings. She would never follow them beyond there. 

The serpent hid herself between or behind rocks, stony ledges and ferns- and while she was still picking her way quietly downward towards the woman several yards ahead, a great howl erupted for Hydra. The girl's eyes widened at once, and she sunk lower, still shifting forward at the pace of a sloth. There in the mist below- the fallen zombie of an uncle, or perhaps something already dead. Dressed in shadows of foliage cover, her golden gaze speared outward, unmoving. Upon Revui.
Mira's posts may contain violent content.
At present, Ksura will often be near Mira's den, and thus welcome in her familial threads.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
While still recovering slowly from his altercation with the grizzly sow, Bronco had begun roaming the borders once again now that his ribs and back began to ache less, not wanting to allow himself to get out of shape and lose the bit of mountain conditioning he'd picked up since joining the pack during his recovery. He hadn't been far away when Yama called out- requesting Hydra's presence with a certain urgency that made him wory and hasten his pace. He realized that he wasn't the one being called for, but still saw fit to proceed and at least pass through to see if his packmate needed help with anything should Hydra be engaged elsewhere. 

He approached warily when he saw the collapsed, grey form at the borders. He had no idea that Yama, his golden-eyed packmate, was an Ostrega, and that she was a younger sibling of Hydra's...So when he approached, he greeted her with a nod and a low swing of his tail, but he approached the prone stranger, bristling as he warily swayed his head from side to side, snaking forward as he tried to get a good sniff to see what he could tell from the stranger's scent, while staying far enough away that if he should suddenly revive, Bronco would at least have a chance to spring backwards. He was surprised when he recognized the scent. It made his breath hitch. 

"It's Hydra's brother," He said under his breath as he stepped back, stiffly keeping himself between the stranger and Yama, in order to protect her if he tried anything funny. The way Hydra had mentioned him before led Bronco to believe that he was not only capable of causing harm, but potentially expected to do so as well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,103 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
a cry, rising for hydra. kukutux glanced up from where she had pitted herself against @Saviguk for a race. she marvelled at his long dark legs, imagining he would reach the height of jarilo one day soon.

but the summons. yama. the alabaster duck paused in her step, listening. go! the inner spirit whispered, and so urged, kukutux bid her son accompany her to the place.

yama. mira. bronco. breath caught in the moonbow's throat, choked her. she knew and yet she did not wish to know. the wet ground was soft under her small feet as she brushed against the young warrior she had treated with a naked, anguished expression assailing her delicate features. jadestone gaze turned to bronco momentarily, and then of the three she had stepped forward. 

"revui," kukutux mumbled, his name thick and clumsy on her tongue. for a long moment she only stared in horror at his crumpled bulk, and then her healer's heart engaged. he wore a reek of mud and of rot; she pressed her featherlight self against his hot shoulder, and knew then that the evil spirits had lodged themselves withiin his wounds. "he is burning," all the duck could muster before she began a tuneless chant as her tongue dipped to clean the worst of his wounds.

oh, revui. why have you come back? do not say it is to die.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
He slid along the gravel and mud, down through the muck in a rain that seemed to be unwilling to abate. It was an adjustment he did not enjoy, perpetually damp and courting a chill, but in those days it was a necessary evil. Yama calling was ever a reason for alarm and he did not ignore it; if anything it was a reason for haste, a marker of danger lurking along their waterlogged lowlands.

Finding someone slumped at their borderland or otherwise in need of something was not particularly out of the norm. Finding Revui, however, was not the sort of thing that he anticipated. With a growl lodged in his throat and hackles bristled as he closed the distance to the group that had amassed, his gaze lingered over Mira crisply to find her there; that growl as much of a warning to stay back as it could have been.

A much colder gaze reached Revui’s fallen form, his sight and interest so narrow that he hardly minded Kukutux tending to him. But in the span of a few seconds he saw this too. He hadn’t forgotten the transgressions of his in-law, nor did he forgive him for the driving Arcturus from their mountain. Nor did he move to stop the northern woman from tending to him—let her, he thought, if only for the sake that he stir and be driven away.

“Probably brought it on himself,” he murmured.

His attention shifted firmly to Kukutux, though softened.

“Can you tell what harmed him?”
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
The subtle rise and fall of his sides was not noticed as the wolves amassed at their border, except maybe by the figment of white who busied herself at his side. Voices rose and fell; he did not hear them. The cry for Hydra filled his ears and on some level maybe that had some effect, however only Kukutux, being the nearest to him, might notice the shifting of his eyes behind the lids. Somnolent.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra herself had been tracking the trail left behind by a herd on the move that had only recently entered Moonspear. It was not near Revui's own progression, but rather relatively near to the rendezvous point. Yama's cry pierced through the sky, and at once Hydra quit her task to answer with a howl of her own. She was certain that others would have heard her sister and come to her aid, and her heart was full of dread in thinking of how distant she still was. 

Her mind jumped, firstly, to her children. Had one of them been harmed? In what way? The mountain had a terrible row of teeth more terrible than that of any wolf... had she reminded them to move more carefully in this climate, even in the places that yielded to flatter lands and the gentler slopes? You did, her mind ensured... had she told them to steer clear of the borders again unless accompanied by an adult that deemed it safe? Of that she was not so certain... could the rains have been so much and become so terrible that one of her cubs was swept away by it? She knew Nature was a thing that could not be struck down, but if that was so she knew that she would not die until she found a way to repay the force in kind and be the one to discover how

She breathed. Her vision had blurred as she, herself, slid dangerously near to a precipice that she would not be able to rise beyond... and then it cleared as she blinked past the rain and frightened tears that had overwhelmed her. She stared at the dark, yawning abyss and picked her way toward a more stable route and did her best from thereon out to not be so distracted by mere possibilities... 

Hydra arrived sooner rather than later, veritably bursting into the fold. Her cold eyes passed swiftly over the assembly, not seeking Antares, Atlas, Osiris (Osiris, he is away, that is right, yes), Vega, Mintaka, Caelum, Altair— she had not even the minute to think on Mira, who was in fact there, when she did see Revui laying there, laying where he should not be, looking wrong and smelling it—

She knew it was awful to instantly feel the rush of relief that she did, to see it was him there rather than Mira (she thought at last) though her gaze had not alighted upon her dark daughter... and whether or not Hydra was aware of her presence was impossible to know as her gaze darkened upon her brother. Wrong, every bit of this, and as she recognized Kukutux alongside him in the next heartbeat—and heard her husbands words in the one that came after—Hydra hated to agree.

True that she blamed herself when it came to Arcturus and how things had gone wrong, but Revui had been as much a catalyst to all of that with his witlessness as Wraen herself surely did with her forked-tongue and cunning. 

Wraen who was felled by hornets, of all things last she knew! And what, or who, did she have to thank for this bloodied gift that felt far beyond her doorstep? Her gaze was still upon Kukutux as she asked, what is your prognosis? trusting the others medical aptitude to answer her rightly. She drew toward Yama then to ensure she had not been struck down by her brother, as Revui had revealed he had no qualms in harming his family... and was only satisfied when she saw no blood upon her, and sought to nose her tawny sister overwhelmed by the feeling of further relief. 

She rounded Yama, then, to stand near to Bronco, grateful for his presence here and the way in which he stood protectively near her sister. 

Hydra was not sure why Revui would return as he had, but she found her patience did have an end as her gaze looked upon her brother. It would be a relief to hear Kukutux say: he is dead; her brother had an incredible way of being troublesome, and as she looked to his body searchingly—the rain disallowing her any true accuracy in seeing a subtle rise, or fall—she felt awful to hope for it. There was nothing upon her to reveal her most terrible of thoughts, but her priority was Moonspear. How many times had he abandoned it? Abandoned her

If he had come here to die, he would be lucky to bleed out upon these rocks he was born upon. But Hydra was uncertain she would afford to him even that right, and her gaze then searched beyond the lifeless-looking body and Kukutux as the matriarch moved, once again, to search around them. @Yama, was he alone? she asked then, ears erect as she hunted with her senses, one that then backturned to listen; had the wolf, or creature, that had done this to Revui followed him? Had her rockbrained brother, unwittingly or otherwise, hoped to bring more than just his own death here today? He could not be so calculated, she did not believe—but he could be so devastatingly dim.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,103 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
posting to keep this along <3

dirge, then hydra, grand as always. she swept to the scene with a commanding air, but neither leader made to pull the palebird from her tasks. "wolf," she said at last, drawing herself away from what little breath still guttered in revui, a flame stubborn as was the mountain-man sliding behind his limp eyelids.

ears low, the gamma glanced through her lashes at hydra, then to dirge, and lastly to bronco, to yama, to mira. "tuyaana," she murmured to the ruling pair. "the hotness will kill him if he is ... left." she knew that the blackbear no more wished revui back among them than she would have admired a shard of rock stabbed into a paw. he had done wrong in the sight of moonspear.

but his name was still ostrega. the man who barely lived, lying here upon the ground, shared blood with the powerful sisters and brothers of this place. kukutux, then, had bound herself in word and deed and child to their clan. and for revui's life she dared now, bowing her small snowy head in supplication before the silent stone faces. "i ask to save him."

she managed to utter no else; she kept herself as she was, a low-slung waterbird, scarcely stirring with movement as she awaited the answer of her leadership. kukutux knew of all who had come, she alone had put herself into revui's hearth, and for the first time she hoped jarilo would not come and stand against her. her appeal was for hydra, but a dutiful wife did not stand against her husband in a public discourse: if the most thoughtful of the ostrega brothers forbid it, kukutux must abide.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
More and more wolves arrived, some familiar and others only hardly so; everything was happening so quick, she was beginning to feel overwhelmed—

Revui.

The name was spoken but by who she’d already forgotten, captivated by the syllables. Revui... her brother Revui? Shame overtook her and her ears fell flat against her skull—how had she forgotten her own brother? Yama was left staring at his crumpled form, ashamed but also worried, although not nearly as much as she felt she should be—and that made her worry more, thinking herself to be heartless for not feeling immediate dread at the sight of the male.

Hydra’s voice eventually snapped her back to attention and she blinked, taken aback. “Y-yes...” she answered, shaking her head. “I d-didn’t see anyone else...” If someone else had been there, been with him, she hadn’t taken notice.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra looked to Yama, who answered her questions, and then to Kukutux. 

The hotness would kill him. Why hadn't it already? Why would he not simply die, and make this easier for her? Why must she make this choice? 

She sucked in a breath. I do not want him to heal here, Kukutux. I do not know what trouble he got himself into this time, and I do not want him near my children. Nor your own, though as to that... well, it is your choice. I do not know what sort of danger follows him; I only know my brother has no foresight or forethought. Hydra imagined what she might have done were this Arcturus. She rationalized with, I would make the same decision. Likely not, though—she had healed Revui once, without the name of Moonspear upon him. Did she not owe her brother the same chance, once? 

He had his chance to return to us. Bloody, beaten. He was healed—he left again. If you heal him, Kukutux, she drawled, that is your decision. Revui owes too many life debts to this place and to me already, and for our help has only ever caused us heartache; I know he will never fulfill them. So, if you wish to, you may. Not here. Away, she drawled, ears pricked. Hydra was sure her brother was not Moonspearian now, the way he returned to her, beaten again. 

No. Only when he came here proud, strong, head bowed, loyal to her for his heart and not for his moral or bodily injuries... then she would know he meant it. But this? This was too much. And Hydra had no more kindness left in her heart for her brother. 

The Glen will do, I suppose, her eyes turned to look upon her brother, and she took several steps closer to his fever-laden body. In her heart, she did not want him to die—it was perhaps why she allowed Kukutux a choice at all.

Advancing to them, Hydra lowered her head and spoke words against his fever-flushed ears. The words said would be heard, and were for (and by) none but her brother, I wonder if your final disappointment to me will be dying in this way, she murmured, faint but voice as clear as a bell, I cannot imagine this to be your final fight. Still, if it is, she drawled, you are the last fool I will ever let my heart love. And at least he would know it. 

Stepping away, Hydra drifted toward Kukutux and murmured to her, I am sure the Wilderness has ample herbs to spare, with the influx of water, her ears pricked. Some might have drowned away; some might be floating. Hydra only cared that those be used as opposed to what was for Moonspear. Use what you find out there, if it can be helped. If any of ours return home from protecting our own and need infection to be fought, they are priority. The matriarch was sure if any were capable of staving infection and immediate death with what they could find, it was the woman of prayer and herbal wisdom. But on that note, Hydra was done with it. Dirge, Bronco—could you assist Kukutux in moving him to the Glen? She breathed, licking her chops.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Likely last post from me- feel free to PP him as needed.

The fate of the wolf, sick from his injuries, seemed dim; a dark room lit by little other than a small, wavering candle- which was the plea from Kukutux that she be permitted to treat him and grant him life. A plea which would be granted, but not within their borders. He couldn't imagine how it must have felt for Hydra to turn her back on her own brother- but his views were skewed by the fact that he adored his siblings, and couldn't imagine what must have comt to pass between Hydra and her brother in order for her to make that choice, and deem it fit. 

He received his orders which he took without qualm. From what he knew, infection from injuries was not contagious, so he did not fear catching the hot fever from Revui. Once they were ready to go, Bronco would use his strength to help Dirge move Revui  to a safe place where Kukutux could treat him, unless she begged otherwise.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
He agreed with Hydra’s assessment, though perhaps a crueler part of him felt the inclination to let him wither and rot along their borders. It was not an unexpected bitterness to discover, but rather more akin to water poured across still simmering stones for what had transpired. With the weeks that had passed, he knew that Arcturus would not be returning to them, would not darken their doorstep—it seemed an equally cruel fate that the universe would churn up and pass Revui back to them and he not know for what.

A sigh dislodged itself; passive, quiet, a tension escaping.

At least they would not have to house him, and moving him to the glen would be easy enough. He cast a look to Bronco, and when all was said and done and ready, would move to aid them in their transport.