Little Goat Mountain the red string of fate tugs at my heart
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
She’s tuned into the words he speaks. She seems to be holding interest even though he doesn’t speak for too terribly long — something he’s thankful for, but not something required to stay on his good side. He’s dealt with disrespect his whole life. What’s a little more? Yet she visibly focuses even further on what he’s has to say as he spills the beans of an invitation.

He smirks to her, glad he caught her undivided attention. Something he plans on keeping for a while at least. To say he’s a bit surprised by her decision is an understatement. Though he could tell she has no direct qualms with him, it’s always a slippery slope when popping the question.

A short laugh bubbles from his lips. “Oh, fun it will be, darling.” He comments lifting himself from his seated position. “They’ll like you. We’ve got some friendly ones.” He offers to perhaps ease her mind. “If you have trouble with any of them, feel free to find me. I have no problem showing you around though.” He  nods his head in the direction of the canyon. “You ready for the trek back? It’s pretty rough. Or are you wanting to rest? I wouldn’t be opposed to either.”
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
Leigh's eyes follow the wolf's rising body as he stands, the action a signal of sorts. Rising to her paws as well, she gave her tail a faint shake to rid it of any dirt that may have gathered from the ground. Still maintaining her light smile as she listened to Donovan's words once again, it was indeed a bit of a relief to have some information before going in. And the fact that Don also offered to show her around if needed was also highly appreciated.

He ended with a question, and she thought on it for a short moment. Although a rest would be nice, and one was much needed, it didn't seem like the pack was an awfully long ways away. Besides, if they left now they could avoid any potential discractions much easier. The male was already injured and Leigh didn't want to risk waiting too long, plus he could return to his healer much quicker.

"I think I'm ready for the journey if that's alright with you."

She took a few steps towards a random direction. Completely unsure of this was the way, she at least wanted to indicate that she was all ready to go.

"I've already traveled for months, a little longer won't hurt. And when we get there, I can rest without worrying."
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
She gets up as well, following his own body language. She’s decided to continue onward with now break and he’s gives her a nod and a casual smile in reply. Turning his body he raises his brows when she mentions traveling for months nonstop. She must be strong then. Passes through his mind. He makes a mental note to test her in a spar when they’re both not dead tired. 

They continue now. Surely they’ll speak more on their way to the canyon but he doesn’t plan on stopping there anytime soon. It’ll be dark by the time they get there and he’ll show her the dens, rest for the night, and show her around in the morning. Perhaps give a howl and introduce her to the pack. 

For now, they walk.