Neverwinter Forest now i'll be honest i don't really understand
70 Posts
Ooc — Van
All Welcome 
open to any NWF or YL wolves ^^ 

Everything mega-sucked lately. The rain was neverending, everyone was annoying, there were too many wolves here, and she missed the ocean. But it was probably too big to be near right now - the rainwater might've made it flood. At least, that's what she understood. 

A huff of annoyance escaped the girl and she kicked a stone, padding through the dense trees. She wanted to see the sunlight, but every time she looked up she got water in her eyes. 

Was it supposed to rain this much? It didn't seem right.
and i'm wondering who could be writing this song?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
cam had mixed feelings about the rain. the plants were more vibrant than ever, their flowers blooming in brilliant hues. but the fauna of neverwinter seemed to be tucked away, sheltered from the deluge. he enjoyed watching the birds and squirrels, and their absence, along with the endless showers, had created a kind of malaise within the yearling that he struggled to overcome.

but as he caught sight of the girl, he felt a little lighter. here was something of interest—something beyond dripping leaves and stormy skies.

hallo, he called out to her, padding closer. she was wrapped in bad energy—he watched as she had kicked a stone—but wasn't everyone, these days? lack of sunshine wasn't good for anybody. want to find a place to get out of the rain?
70 Posts
Ooc — Van
Haoming hadn't expected to be approached - to be fair, she was severely offputting and rude and liked to be alone. So she didn't know why anyone would want to talk to her in the first place. The girl spun around at the unsual greeting, wrinkling her muzzle and preparing to bite back a retort, but... well, he hadn't really done anything rude. And he wasn't the guy that looked like her, either - her dad, apparently. Weird. She'd never thought about the fact she had a dad before, but she knew she didn't like it. 

Hallo.

What a weird way to say that word. Common tongue was difficult at the best of times, but that was even odder than usual. Which wasn't to say she didn't like it - his voice was actually a bit pleasant. Which was probably why she wasn't immediately angry with him. 

"H-hello," she greeted in return, multicolored eyes scanning the boy over before she turned to kick the rock again. She missed her home, and missed not having to worry about running into strangers all the time. "D'you got-gotta place t-to go?" It took immense concentration not to stutter every word, but she liked to think she was improving on her own speech.
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
the stuttering didn't bother cam. it had taken a while for him to learn to speak properly, and throughout the process, he had latched onto his mother's accent. he ended up sounding like her male doppelganger (which was fine with him). this girl would turn out fine. . .and even if she stuttered forever, who cared?

ah, well. that was a digression. he shook himself back to the present and smiled. not anywhere in particular, but you could help me look? he offered, eyes soft in invitation.

if she accepted his proposal, cam would begin down a nearby forest path, keeping watch for any suitable place to ride out this latest shower. he kept his pace slow, allowing the girl to keep up. in the distance, he spotted a large tree with knobbly roots, half of them arching over a depression in the earth. it created a small but sheltered hollow, carpeted in moss.

what about there? cam asked, pitching his voice over the rain whilst glancing at the girl.
70 Posts
Ooc — Van
She'd wanted to be mad today, darn it. This guy was too nice to be mean to. The girl sighed through her nose and nodded her head to his inquiry - she'd help look for a place for them to shelter. Bicolored eyes scanned through the undergrowth as they walked. The forest was... pretty, she guessed, but she still desperately missed the ocean and the openness of the island. Maybe they could go home soon, she thought, dark ears swivelling to the boy as he spoke again.

Haoming's brows raised at the sight and a crooked smile grew on her maw. What a strange-looking tree. But it didn't really matter what it looked like, did it? There was ample shelter beneath the spindly roots. 

"I li-like it," she announced, padding over to sniff at the roots experimentally before crawling underneath. The moss was slightly damp beneath her paws, but it was far better than the mud outside. She settled down and stretched her paws out, making sure to leave enough space for the darker wolf to come in if he wanted.
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
she was amenable to the suggestion, and climbed right in. she left room for him, too, which was nice. he was eager to get out of the rain; gingerly, he entered the makeshift den, curling himself catlike into a semi-circle to give her space. his eyes glittered green in the dim light.

do you like the forest? he asked, not sure if she was one of the ones mal had mentioned from. . .that other pack whose name he couldn't remember. how long were they staying? but even if she was a neverwinter wolf, she still hadn't been alive for many moons. at her age, he was still getting used to things.

hell, at her age, he was grieving his mummy. he wouldn't wish that on his worst enemies.
70 Posts
Ooc — Van
Haoming splayed out beside the dark-furred boy, watching the rain fall outside. Multicolored eyes flicked back to him and she let out a soft huff of air. Did she like the forest? Maybe, if it wasn't raining so much. Of course, that wasn't something she had shared with anyone. She had to keep up her image, after all, and liking these trees would certainly not do. 

"I m-miss the ocean," she admitted, ears pressing back to her skull. Feelings were not her strongest suit, but... then again, she wasn't asked about them very much either. 

But this boy was nice. She couldn't be mean to him. It would be illegal, or something. "You?" He had to be from the forest, right? The girl had never seen him before, on the island.
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
she was honest, which was good. he could understand missing things left behind. every so often, he pined for the minnow stream within elysium's borders. it had been such a source of wonder. but that was a different time; he was never to return. this was different, as he assumed the girl would eventually go back.

i've only been beside the ocean a few times, cam responded. what is it like to live there?

he was more interested in her answer, and thus gave a shrug to her question in turn. i was born in a forest. i like the trees and all the animals inside them, he said briefly, and then fell silent. he felt safe within the woods. out on the plains, or upon the rocky peaks of mountains, he was utterly exposed. beneath the canopy of trees, he was secure.
70 Posts
Ooc — Van
What was the ocean like? Haoming narrowed her eyes, trying to figure out how to explain it. "It's... th'water is l-loud," she began, a small smile on her maw. "Sand's s-soft, and wa-warm. And you can cuh-catch stuff in the p-pools." Like hermit crabs. Those were a lot of fun. It made her miss the beach all the more, and she would be sure to go with Huojin on a hunting excursion as soon as possible once they got there. 

Haoming looked over to him again and rested her chin on her paws, studying his expressions. His eyes were really bright. "Do... do you have her-hermit crabs in the trees?" she asked, tipping her head to the side. He probably didn't, but maybe he'd have other animals where he lived. Maybe he'd tell her about them.