Moonspear see through the banner of the sun
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
All Welcome 
@Sialuk -- Silverspine area :D

A midday nap had left the silver wolf in a good mood, stretching out her limbs with a long, just-this-side-of-painful stretch while she thought about what she would busy herself with. Sorting out living quarters for herself had been struck from the sizeable to-do list this morning, leaving few other things to do. Acqainting herself with her new home was high on Keres' list of priorities; Equally high was getting to know her fellows and reconnect with her family, now vastly expanded.

Today, the newest member of Moonspear figured she might attempt to fell two birds with one stone and set off to do just that. Her paws would carry her up the mountain, following scents and gently worn trails that led deep into the heart of the territory, no location particularly in mind for the moment as she took in what the wooded mountainside had to offer. It wasn't until the silver spectre found herself in sight of a stream that she paused to send up a call, inviting anyone near to come find her and introduce themselves. And perhaps, she thought, accompany her as she explored her new homeland.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Tags for reference.

Sialuk was turning into quite the social creature now that she had found her voice. Quite often, she could be found asking her mother or father questions about whatever was on her mind that day. Presently, she lingered on the outskirts of the rendezvous site, noting that the rain continued to come down on the world. At this rate, she was not sure she would ever see a world without rain, although she daydreamt often of the days when the snow would come. When that happened, it would be nearly time to meet her ugi.

When somebody called out and invited anybody around to join, Sialuk's ears perked up. With a quick I'll be back soon! to @Kukutux and @Jarilo, Sialuk sped off toward the call. Now that she was older, short trips like this would not be a problem, especially since she would not be leaving the packlands proper.

The raindrop arrived to find an older grey wolf she did not recognize. Sniffing the air, she considered the coast clear. The stranger smelled of Moonspear, and that was enough go-ahead for Sialuk. Hello! I'm Sialuk Ostrega. I heard you ask for company. I've never seen you before. Did Hydra bring you here to find your ugi?
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
The enthusiastic greeting made the woman smile, turning to see her new found company. She was met with a pristine, fair-furred child who promptly introduced herself as an Ostrega. Was this one of Hydra's children? Keres could not quite remember, recalling a few of the names she had been told but not one of those was Sialuk. She would learn in time, she concluded, her tail wagging gently behind her.

Hi, Sialuk. I am Keres Ostrega and I'm new here. It's very nice to meet you. The sentiment was genuine; even if Sialuk wasn't Hydra's child, or even an Ostrega, she was a child of Moonspear and anyone who knew Keres knew she adored children. Well, I don't know. What is an ugi? She had not heard the word before, and was unsure if it was another language or a word that the pup had created herself.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Another Ostrega, but that was not surprising. What was surprising was that Keres was new here. In fact, Sialuk opened her mouth to ask just that, but Keres was then asking about what an ugi was, and Sialuk's small brain could barely grasp on to one thing at a time, let alone two at once. It's, uh— Sialuk broke off, trying to remember the other word for it. Hubsand! she replied, mispronouncing the word in the process.

Suddenly, it dawned on Sialuk that maybe Keres had been brought here for Saviguk. Oh! Maybe my brother is meant to be your hubsand! Wouldn't that be delightful? Sialuk, being the scatterbrained individual she was, had already forgotten about her encounter with Toad and how she had promised herself to the older girl. Little did she know that such things were entirely inappropriate and certainly not what her mother had in mind for her future. Not that it much mattered now.

You will like Saviguk; I just know it! she proclaimed.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Husband. The older wolf might have even repeated the word, allowed it to roll off her tongue so that she could test and taste the curious language, but the child had different thoughts; proclaiming that Keres was possibly intended for the girl's brother stopped her brain in it's tracks, effectively leaving her in a state of confusion.

Rather than dashing the girl's excitement, the valkyrie chose to carefully navigate these waters with an innocuous question: What is Saviguk like? Hoping to recieve some enlightenment on what this was about, she thrust her ears forward, watching the sweet, summer child with a new sort of curiosity.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk either didn't notice the confusion or she chose to ignore it. Whatever the case, she was fully prepared to talk-up Saviguk to his betrothed. This was now canon in her mind. Keres and Saviguk were meant to be; she just knew it! He's wonderful. Very sweet, and he's protective, too. He is kind and caring, but he won't hesitate to fight anybody who would hurt his family. He's not silver like me, but black like my father with a creamy shawl atop his shoulders. He has handsome green eyes, and he'll make you very happy; I just know it!

Sialuk's tail swung from side to side, eager to hear Keres's reaction to her betrothed. Surely she would be happy to learn all these good things about her husband-to-be. Anaa and taataa must be so excited!
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
While Saviguk sounded pleasant, there were some things that Keres could not quite overlook, his age being the most prevalent of those. That and the fact that Keres was no wolf to be promised or betrothed to another; she would choose her lot in life and only she. There was no other that could sway these decisions. Not anymore.

He sounds lovely, you know but don't you think Saviguk should be with someone he loves? Perhaps that was a concept not yet introduced to the girl. But perhaps she was missing that Sialuk was trying to make that happiness for her sibling. Even so, this was likely one of the strangest conversations she'd had with a child. Still, she pressed on. He needs to be happy too, don't you think?
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Keres seemed to be a reluctant bride, which was a foreign concept to the girl who daydreamed of her future husband so frequently. Sialuk furrowed her brow. He will love you, the girl said with all the confidence in the world. That it what an ugi does. Saviguk would love, provide, and give children to Keres. That was his destiny as far as Sialuk was concerned.

And he will be happy with you, she added with a curt nod. Unless there was something nefarious Keres was hiding. Sialuk had been taught how to be a good wife, but maybe there was something about Keres that had stunted her ability to do so. Didn’t your mother teach you how to be good to your ugi so that he would be happy?
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
There was an ugliness that lived deep, deep inside her heart, a fissure in the solid foundations of her soul where no glue could heal, and no warmth could reach. It was a place where even the happiest thoughts would shrivel away to darkness and it was this place that Sialuk touched with her words. Resentment built for the child and her idea of the perfect future, a quickly mounted animus for one so innocent and naive that she would say something so thoughtless to one who had experienced loss before his time had ever come.

A younger version of the woman would have acted on such irritation.

Keres folded the anger and the pain away, slipping on a mask of smiles and laughter. On the surface, she conceded to the girl's whims, if only so that they could turn from this conversation all the sooner. You are right, I have forgotten myself. I cannot wait to meet him. Though her words were warm, she did not allow Sialuk much of a chance to respond, instead steering the direction of their talk with a question. What are your mother and father like?
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Quickly pulled to another topic, Sialuk failed to notice any hint of resentment or tragedy in Keres. Instead, she was more than happy to talk of her parents, who had always been the most perfect couple in her young mind. Kukutux, my mother, she is very clever, but she does not always seem that way unless you know her. She's very pretty, and she can heal even the sickest of wolves. She's even healed me plenty of times, and I have a habit of getting myself injured. Tataa, Jarilo, he is strong and curious and handsome. He loves anaa, and he is a leader here, just like my aunt Hydra. He taught me how to be careful at the borders.

Was there more to say on her parents? Most certainly, but Sialuk took a breather there, giving Keres the chance to respond and perhaps dig deeper into this branch of the Ostrega family tree.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Gonna wrap up this thread since its a bit older :D

She heard the words that spilled from the girl's mouth but most of them went in one ear and out the other. She tried to grasp at them, tried to really listen but the beast that had reared its head commanded her attention, demanded it even. Your family sounds wonderful, The woman replied when she registered that the child had finished. Her smile was broad, but hollow. Hurt.

Perhaps she would have said something about meeting Kukutux and Jarilo. Perhaps she would have asked to meet Saviguk. But a sound, a howl rose on the wind to summon her. Dirge, by the sounds of it. It was a pleasure meeting you, Sialuk. I must go answer the Alpha. Her departure was warm but swift, relieved to be given this break when she had needed it so.

Fade thread!
10055/50000 (10055/50000)