The Sentinels But you know I'm gonna play 'em for keeps
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Dragon baby daycare duties! You are a genius!" Wraen exclaimed and laughed, having a very similar mental image as Maia did, plus some more fire and smoke. Except in Towhee's place, she pictured Niamh "on fire" both literally and figuratively speaking, yelling the little bastards into obedience. While on this thought, it was not difficult to imagine that after a while Sergeant-At-Arms would have an army of dragon-babies marching behind her.

"Okay - all great things in stories come in trees... threes!" Wraen corrected herself swiftly. "What would be the task number three - it has to be the final and deciding one. And by no means easy," she added. "Like they would have to prove somehow that they are, who they claim themselves to be. But in a clever way, so that they would not be able to cheat out of it in any way."
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Ooooh.  How did a wolf prove that they were who they said they were?  Some wolves could lie super easily and Maia knew she wasn't great at telling the difference.  

Cool title, cool story, then... It has to be a quest, yeah?  So they can earn their title.  She said, trying to brainstorm.  But I don't know if we could have the quest beforehand.  We'd need some kind of quest giver to do it!  Each wolf would need a special hero's quest, obviously!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Or... since we have a batch of dragons and a magical cave full with meat, why couldn't we have a magical pool of truth?" Wraen suggested, thinking that "quest giving" was not only very frustrating to come up with (say, they had many people lined up to joined them? They would run out of ideas pretty quickly), but there would be a very high chance that they would never see that quest fulfiller ever again.

"You either look into it and it shows you for, who you truly are. OR... you drink from it and spill all your beans? Good, bad, rotten and amazing," she offered.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Wraen didn't seem sold on her quest idea.  She liked the thought of some magical creature that could come up with just the perfect quest, but she guessed that could always be a feature without needing to be a part of the joining! It would help them not to get bored... they could mix up scouting missions with epic journeys!

I like it! She responded cheerfully. Especially the drinking from it and spilling everything! Then we could really play truth or dare.  She giggled.  Plus! If we ever thought someone was there as a spy or something, we'd have a way to tell!  That could come in handy for any number of reasons.

WC: 113
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Well, it seems that we have all of it hammered out in fine details," Wraen wrapped up their imaginary pack creation session, feeling that at this point she no longer had anything valuable to add. "All's that left is finding a proper place to make this fairyland true," she added. 

"And we could name it "Wraen's and Maia's home for extraordinary children/people - whichever we have the majority of coming our way," she offered. "Would you like to find something to eat now?" she suggested and a hungry rumble from her stomach accompanied her words.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Yes! All of that talk about magical food caves made me hungry.  They'd done an amazing job of nailing down the plan for this new 'extraordinary home', and even if it was all in fun, Maia was happy that the spirit of it was real.  All that was needed was she and Wraen here, together, with their friends maybe too.  

Feeling far better than she had when they started the conversation, Maia followed alongside Wraen to snag a snack and then maybe a nap.

WC: 84