Whitefish River I Think It's Time
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Private 
Thread for Ravaryn. Other tags for reference. Feel free to correct me if any PP would be incorrect.

Howl had been within Kaistleoki for almost two months now. He felt as though he was gaining back the time he missed with @Ravaryn and @Shiloh when they were younger. He went on patrols and out to hunt to help with the little things that the pack needed, but he made sure to see the girls at least once a day and for as long as he could. @Moonshadow was almost always with them, but Howl mostly saw @Connor in passing. Though there were instances when they all spent time with the girls together. Connor's presence was getting more and more familiar to Howl. He still strongly believed that the girls were his, but an additional individual to look after their safety and welfare became more of a blessing than a threat in Howl's eyes. 

It was early in the morning, just after Howl's initial rounds when he stopped by the den. Most of the time everyone was still asleep and Howl would come back later in the day. But today was slightly different. He saw that Ravaryn was stirring. He couldn't tell if she was completely awake, but deep in sleep, she was not. "Ravaryn... Ravaryn... Rav sweety," he whispered to her. "You want to go on an outing with Daddy?" he asked. He'd been trying to claim the title for some time now. Thinking he preferred it to father or papa which Connor could claim. The girls were almost 3 months old now and their ability to speak and understand was nearly fluent.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
60 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She had been fully awake and ready to bother Shiloh.
Though, when she heard the footsteps approaching her den, she curled back up, pretending to be asleep, ready to spy on whoever appeared.

It was Howl.
The big, floofy, dark man who came back suddenly was insisted that he was a...Father? Like the rust man that she didn't know the name of. Something like Dad? Da?
Hm.
Anyway, Howl started cooing for her so she lifted her head, tilting it. An outing? Daddy?
Not Da. She whined softly, excited to go. She didn't want to be confounded with these weird thoughts right now.
She rose up, trotting to him and bumping into him, jumping up his chest to lick his face.

"Yah," she half-whispered, now not wanting to wake up her sister.
Her tail wagged hard, wondering where they'd go now.
Shiloh and parents are allowed in all threads
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She didn't need much rousing as her head lifted quickly and her expression was vivid, without a tinge of fatigue. Coming over to him quietly it seemed as though she were trying to contain her excitement, but a slight whine and vigorous tail-wagging made it very apparent. He welcomed her paws on his chest and kisses, reciprocating with his own and head nuzzles. 

"Yah" "Ok. Let's go" he whispered gesturing with a nod for her to follow him out of the den. Once they exited and were a few paces away from the entrance his voice returned to a more normal volume, no longer fearing waking those still sleeping. "We're going to need to get a little warmed up before getting started. Ok?" he said in an energetic voice slaying side to side. "Try and keep up," he said playfully gesturing for her to follows as he began to trot, and then once he saw her follow, gallop towards the open meadow.

The more he spent time with the girls the more their differences in personality became apparent. Ravaryn was clearly more outgoing, but he was trying to gage her competitiveness, her determination, and drive.
60 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She happily trotted after him out of the den, trying, unsuccessfully, nab his swaying tail.
It was so floofy!
But when he spoke up, she quickly came up beside him with an inquisitive head tilt.

Warmed up? Was it cold?
She looked outside and it seemed pretty. A slight dew in the grass, catching the early morning light.
He sped up as they left the den, and she looked around, checking behind too.
What was this for? Fun? OK!
He sprinted away and she ran as fast as her little legs could carry her, which certainly wasn't as fast or as far as Howl.
Soon enough, she was panting and slowing down, legs flailing.
However, her tail still wagged and she kept trying to keep up.
Howl must have forgotten she was still a baby.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Young pups always seemed full of energy and the more they moved around the more amazing it was to see the adult actions they imitated on small bodies. Though Ravaryn had appeared full of energy, which she was, it wasn't as though she had had a chance to test her stamina over long distances as much as her speed in short bursts. This though went through Howl's mind once he noticed her lagging a bit behind and he was quick to stop in his tracks. He felt a bit bad, he thought she might be able to sustain her speed for a bit longer, luckily that wouldn't be needed for today's activities. Once they got there of course. 

He'd stopped only a few body lengths ahead of her and waited for her to meet him, praising her for her persistence and willingness to try new things. "Very good sweety. You're doing great! I bet you feel warmed up now don't yeah? It's only a little bit further. You want to walk the rest of the way or would you like me to carry you?" he asked politely willing to do whichever she chose.
60 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He stopped for her, and she quickly pushed to catch up.
She needed to get out more, but is was hard when Mama and Shiloh just wanted to lay in the den all day.
Ryn loved her family, but she also loved adventure.

"Yeah!" She yapped, tail wagging. This really was fun! 
She looked back to the den now distant, hoping to see Shiloh. But didn't.
"I got this," gods, she didn't have to be carried anywhere anymore.
To prove her point, she strode out before her Father, wondering what he was on about.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Her determination was cute and he left her to lead the rest of the way. He was taking her to one of the open areas of the territory, mostly grass filled with a few small hills. That's where the training would commence. He had scouted out a series of rodent holes in the area and thought it would be a great chance to practice the basics.
"Ok. We are here," he said waiting a moment for her to take in the area. "This is where we will have our first hunting lesson... That is if you want one," he teased hoping she would be stoked by the idea.
60 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She stopped, looking at the wide-open field.
She preferred the safety of the bushes and small trees.
She looked up to the sky, not seeing a shadow, but just a few clouds dotted about.
In the distance were tiny little rocks. Or maybe they were big.
Ryn looked up to Howl as he spoke.

"Hunting?" She didn't know what that was.
Her verdant eyes watched him earnestly, hoping for some elaboration. Yeah, she'd heard the word before, but she just thought food came out of Mama's mouth and belly.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
"Yes. Hunting," he said with a smile, finding a sense of humor in the fact that his young child wasn't fully aware of the concept. "Grown-up wolves go hunting for food. We have to find it, and capture it before we can eat it," he explained. Perhaps an example would be the best way to explain. "You know how you wrestle with Shiloh? Chase her around and pounce on her. In a way, you're play-hunting her. Only your target today won't be your sister." He gently nudged Ravaryn on the side and walked over to the series of holes he was scouted out earlier.

He lowered himself to the ground upon catching a glimpse of a prairie mouse. "You see that small creature over by that rock?" he whispered. "That's a mouse," he remarked and took a few slow steps towards it. As the mouse turned its back and began grooming its ears Howl made his move. Quickly getting up and sprinting towards the mouse. He would have sank his teeth into it, but wanted it to be of multiple uses. With his paw he smacked the mouse as it tired to race away disorientating it and giving him time to run over and place a paw on the critter. "I've just hunted a mouse. You see?" he asked Ravaryn, wondering what he next move would be.
60 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He spoke a lot of garble.
She thought for a few moments.
So, food came from things which she had to play to get? Sounded fun!
His nose nudged her, warm and encouraging.

Her tail wagged as she followed him, practically jumping up him.
Food!
Then, he hunkered down, so Ryn mimicked him, looking at the thing on the rock.
Her head tilted, thinking.
"Mouse," she repeated. It looked fluffy.

Then, with a terrifying burst of speed, he launched towards the mouse and Ryn went tumbling backwards, shocked at the sudden movement. She wasn't expecting that.
Her heart thundered, but he invited her closer.
The mouse? Under his paw.

Ryn stood and crept closer, unsure of these new sudden movements.
She put her nose to it, causing it to squeal in fear and probably fury. Fun!
Her little jaws opened and tried to pry around Howl's paw, but when that didn't work she went to the side, nose poking into the brown lump of fluff that was apparently food.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
His young one was spooked by his sudden movement. Something he too was often surprised he could still do at his age. She then tried to pry the mouse from his grasp. That wasn't the point of this game. It was meant to be a lesson. A fun one. Her persistent nudges of the small creature showed curiosity and a drive he'd hoped for. 
"Now it's your turn. I'll let him go and you'll try to catch him. He's going to be fast but try your best. It's your first time so don't worry if he gets away from you. Okay?" he prompted. He wanted this to be fun but knew learning to hunt was no simple feat. He didn't want to discourage her if she was unsuccessful. Given the number of rodents in the area, he knew there would be another opportunity. He waited for her response and if his challenge was accepted her would release his catch.
60 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She paused in her efforts, tilting her head up to Howl.
Why couldn't she just eat it now?
Ravaryn plopped down, whimpering. She wanted to eat!

"Yesss..." she confirmed dubiously.
She had to catch it huh?
She stood up again, ready to leap upon the mouse as soon it was released.
His toes peeled up and the brown fluff shot off -- perhaps faster than Howl!

Ryn bounded after it, paws flying to catch it as Howl had done.
Because surely that's the way to do it right? Though she'd certainly missed the part of being super fast.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Ok let's make this a bit more serious...

He released the small creature and after a millisecond of hesitation it darted off. Ravaryn was quick to act but her actions weren't what was needed to chase down her prey. She went forth to lunge at the creature, paws first, and landed short. The mouse scurried away and left Rav in the dust, however big dust clouds could be made from such a small being. Surely Howl knew what had went wrong and how he surely had a part to play in it. Teaching pups to hunt was proving harder than teaching juveniles to spar. 

Without a moment's hesitation, he praised his daughter. "That was a really good try Sweetie." Paise would surely keep her interested rather than remarking on what she did wrong first. Upon their next opportunity, he would make sure to mention leading with your jaws rather than your paws. "He was just a little too fast. You'll do better next time." Howl had chosen the spot they were at to make sure there would be a next time. Burrows surrounded this area and there was never just one mouse within them. 

"You'll just have to help me find another one." He said energetically and gestured for her to follow. The thought crosses his mind about trying to track the critters but the obvious fact that you simply didn't track mice passed through his mind. Another thought, however, stuck around. The two walked together with their eyes open searching. "Say Ravaryn. You love your sister right?" he felt as though he could know the answer but asked anyway, leading to another question.
60 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She laughed.
The girl didn't mind missing, she had never known hate -- didn't fear it, didn't feel it.
He praised her, and she beamed up to him with a great smile upon her face.
Hell yeah! Next time for sure she'd get them.

"I'll be fast-est-test." She laughed. She would be the quickest wolf in all the lands!
She nodded, trotting back to his side with an affectionate head-bump to his shoulder.
He seemed quiet for a moment. Got that look Mama sometimes had when Connor and Howl weren't there.
Her tail waved anxiously, reaching up to lick his muzzle again.

"Yah," she confirmed with a vigorous head nod. Then, she titled her crown sideways. Why?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
P.S. I love you for sticking with me on this through my hectic schedule

She had answered like he thought she would and now it was time to see if this thing was going to work. If he could explain this to her in a way that she would see it positively without the knowledge most adults would have and look upon it with a negative bias. 

Her playful nudges and occasional licks made him feel better, conformed to him that she loved him and likely wouldn't think differently about him over something she likely wouldn't understand fully for some time. "Well how would you feel if I told you had another sister?" he said with his eyes wide and hopeful.
60 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Same! I've been slow on all my toons lol
He seemed apprehensive.
She didn't know the words, or the reason, but she knew it made her worry.
It made her think of danger. Like when Mama tells them not to go close to the big water.

This was different though. Slower.
Her crown tilted the other way now as he spoke.
"Where?"
She thought for a few moments. Mama said that sister was for other girls and brother was for boys. She'd met another girl. She thought for a moment.
"Wyn?" She couldn't pronounce her name properly, so it settled as Wyn.
Wait, was she in danger? She whined softly, glancing around.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He was happy to see that she wasn't distressed. She was confused, but that was to be expected. Her first question was where and shortly after who. These were much better and easier question to answer than how, which many adults had asked accusatorily.

Hearing her initial response his demeanor eased up and bit as he smiled at his little Rav. "No Hun. It's not Wyn. You haven't met her before. She's living in another pack far away from here... along with your brother" he added in. 

Inch by careful inch he would gauge her reaction before laying out all of the details. What was important is that he was doing what he said he would. Take it upon himself to explain to the girls, and soon his other children, about the existence of their half siblings.
60 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
I wanna close this up bc it's so old so perhaps on your next post and PP them out?
Not Wyn.
They lived far away? But why? Mama was here. Ryn and Shiloh were here.
Why did they have to be so far away?

She fell quiet, thinking again. Would she see them? Would Howl take her?
Her head tilted up to him, "Brother too?" She knew what a brother was, but to have one?!
She grinned, tail wagging furiously.
"Go find?" She asked after bouncing up and dropping to a play bow.

They were 'far away' - wherever that was - but she'd see them. She was sure of it.
How could she not?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
I'm good with that. Thanks for sticking with me through all this. It's sorta an important thread. XD.
Feel free to archive after my thread or finish up with your own. Thanks again.

"Yes. A brother too." he answered her with a small chuckle. He was happy that her responses were that of curiosity and excitement. This had gone better than he had expected. Within the eyes of a child, more family was a joy in it itself. The how wasn't part of the equation for them.

"Of course you can see them... but not for a while," he said reluctantly. The idea of uniting his family was a dream. But one that would remain so until his children were able to travel far distances. Let alone old enough to make their own decisions without the interference of parental opinions that often didn't favor Howl. "We have to wait till you and your siblings are a bit older."

"For now..." 
he said, meeting her play bow "We continue your training. The sooner you learn to hunt, the sooner you can hunt on your won like the older wolves... and the sooner you can meet your siblings" he suggested getting her back into the mindset of their initial outing.

"Come on," he said gesturing for her to follow him and continue the hunt of the area's rodent bananza.
60 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He promised.
She had to wait. But she could do that. She had to wait until Mama woke up sometimes.
So she could wait for this.

Howl asked her to join him. Looking for another rodent den.
With a yip and a bounce, Ryn followed, excited for the next hunt.