Noctisardor Bypass carrion flowers
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Someone had left a deer haunch at the rendezvous site for the pups to feed. After her siblings took their fill, Haunt snatched the exposed bone and dragged it to the far edge of their small sanctuary. She set the remains aside and slithered partway beneath a shrub. The rain had stopped but the leaves were wet, dripping chilled water onto her pale back. Haunt paid it no mind, her attention on her task as she sank her toes into the earth and began to dig.

After the better part of an hour, she had excavated a large enough hole in which to place the bone and gristle. Haunt backed out from beneath the bush, latched onto her treasure and yanked it toward the hidden cache. When it was positioned satisfactorily, Haunt used her filthy paws to kick the soil over it until the bone was buried. She withdrew again, squatted and urinated to mark the spot and ward off thieves.

Righting herself, Haunt gave her filthy legs and underside a cursory examination. She wasn't afraid of hard work or getting dirty, though she instinctively arched her head and began to lick at a smear of mud on her formerly white chest.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Now introducing Soleon as creepy stalker of the year. He watched the colorless girl from the trees for a long moment. He caught the very tail end of her endeavor. A quick play in the dirt and mud to conceal something and now she was cleaning herself. He didn't particularly feel like he should be going so long without saying anything. Though--it was possible she was unaware she was even being watched. After all, it was quite obvious he didn't mean anything by it. 

She was that man...Kaertok...his child. With Arbiter. Curious form assumed his head. Approaching a pup could pose a problem in most places. Of course, he began to reason with the fact he was a member here. He could be trusted. There was nothing wrong.

His best smile slipped over his features and he purposefully clattered through the trees so that she could see him without startle. He kept a very respectful distance and sat down. There need be no further advances from him, "You're dirty," 

No. Shit. 

"Well...I mean...what're you doing?" He stared at her in bashful curiosity. Maybe she was too young to realize he was awful.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
Thx for joining!

She saw movement out of the corner of her eye and froze, attention lifting and fixing on the stranger. Haunt immediately recognized him as the wolf who'd accompanied Kaertok at the borders several days back. Her ears flicked backward as he spoke to her, the look on his face reminding her of her older brother, Warlock.

"No," she replied, "I am Haunt." She paused, glanced down at herself, then back to him. She didn't really feel like making conversation, especially with a stranger, yet he was an adult. She knew she should answer to him. His markings certainly captured her attention too. "I dig. I..." Haunt searched for the word a moment. "I bury." And more importantly: "Mine."
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Evident by her youth he should have expected she wouldn't be the best wordsmith for converstion. Somehow that made her perfect for him to talk to. He'd sound far less like a bumbling idiot he supposed. She corrected him for his accusation and it was precisely then he had underestimated her. One could argue the point that she misunderstood his meaning, but it was considered by him she would grow to have a very literal meaning of the world and the things others spoke. 

"Sorry," He supposed to her he's been wrong about her identity and it were better to induldge the thought than correct her. Likely her parents would do enough instruction without his say so. He motioned towards himself, "Soleon,"

He looked past her and eyed the small trail of dirt that lead between bushes. The smell of death did linger in the air for a moment and while it wasn't something he sought he shrugged his shoulders indifferently, "Good spot," He encourged her with but a simple remark. She was already wise enough to hide it within bushes. It was far less likely one would find her prize. 

"I know where it's at now. What if I were to steal it?" He stared at her and a smile began to proudly lift his face. It was a game to him now. He wanted her to have a moment of fun. Providing she were capable. What would the pale thing do when a challenge were presented? Would it be possible she would even understand what he had proposed now? He, of course, would never take 'candy from a baby'. There wasn't that kind of bad living inside of him.

IMPALA
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
He said a strange word and it took Haunt a moment to recognize it as his name. She didn't bother repeating it out loud, though she played it over in her head. Soleon. What a queer name. She didn't judge him for it. In fact, it kind of suited his rather unique looks.

"Good spot," he praised and her tail gave a single twitch of pleasure at the acknowledgement. It stilled, then stiffened, at his next few words. Her ears fell back and she looked at him, eyes boring holes into his nostrils. She didn't wish to challenge his authority but them's fightin' words.

After a heavy beat, Haunt replied, "I kill you."
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Well. It would become quite clear that she, in fact, did not know how to have fun. The smile slipped from his face, his lips drew into a thin [confused] line and his ears fell back. This was quite strange indeed. She was just a little girl. Shouldn't she know how to have fun? The thought hadn't occurred to him that her lineage likely didn't teach prospects of a good-time. 

"I take it you don't know what a joke is?" He emphaized the word and sat down in front of her. He didn't want to press the issue. Perhaps he could teach the girl a lesson in entertainment--in joy. Maybe he could show her how to have a good-time. Something laughable. His mind did stray to the fact she might find killing things more fun. 

Awkward. Especially given his outlook and practicing trade. 

"Do you even play?" It was a bit odd that he, a grown male, felt the need to show a pup how to have fun, but it was safe to say Soleon didn't fit the societal standards. He believed life was meant to be a good time. So, in some ways, he was arguably immature for his age.

IMPALA
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
Soleon didn't seem amused. Although he didn't appear to find her words disrespectful, he chastised her for being unable to take a joke. Haunt squinted at his questions. She did play around, sometimes, mostly with her litter mates. And her response had been partly a dry joke; she wouldn't actually kill a pack mate, naturally. She huffed, at first bemused but then amused by his huffiness.

Never much of one for words, Haunt decided to answer his questions with her actions. Without warning, she launched herself at his nearest ankle, angling to grasp it in her jaws. Haunt didn't know it consciously, yet play like this helped her develop her reflexes and skills, shaping her into a better huntress. Speaking of which, she would just pretend Soleon was some sort of small, strange-looking ungulate.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Honestly he didn't expect the tiny fucking vampire to ambush him as she had. Her sharp little teeth dug in his ankle. So she did understand the concept of playing? Or she was trying to kill him?! Honestly he was a bit curious as to the intentions put forth by the small girl, but he supposed he could do his best to make the most of the situation. Teach her a thing or two. 

He lifted the paw she wasn't presently mangling and aimed to slam it down on her tail by attempting to step over her a ways. Upon success he could hold her in place and pull his currently held paw away. He wasn't going to bite the kid himself. Admittedly he didn't want to get too aggressive. He also didn't really fancy the idea of someone else walking up and thinking he was attacking one of his leader's children. That was probably not-the-best outcome.

IMPALA
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
She had never hunted a deer, of course, so she didn't know how one might behave when attacked like this. Soleon opted to bring his free paw down on her backside, pinning her tail to the ground. It was quite effective, causing her to unlatch her jaws from his ankle to nip at the toes pressing against her tail instead. They barely grazed him before he either yanked it out of reach again or Haunt skittered out of his grasp. It all happened so quickly, the puppy couldn't quite be sure.

Now they faced off from a very short distance, indeed. Haunt stared at him, trying to calculate her next move. She couldn't take him by surprise again. Unless she simply wanted to rush him like a bull, Haunt needed to distract him... or lure him into a false sense of security. Abruptly, she dropped to her haunches and began lick at the mud on one of her forepaws, as if having lost all interest in the impromptu spar.

But Soleon would not be fooled so easily. He kept staring at her strangely, leaving Haunt no opportunity for a sneak attack. Ultimately, she actually lost interest in the entire interaction and wandered back toward her fresh cache to stand guard and resume her bath.

Since this one's sat a while, I'm going to conclude and archive it. If you'd like to revive and continue it sometime, just shoot me a message!