Emberflame Ridge so i invited him in, just to reason with him
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Trade 

There was a reason he had returned to this place. Not to scout it out again, or scrounge around for clues that may lead him to his brother. It’s the wolves of Seelie Court he sought out. How much information would slip from their tongues?

Cenric did not wish to meet them on their borders. There needed to be a level of trust between the two parties before he advanced any further.

He settled just west of their domain and sent out a call.
closed for threads
I just drowned in a warm dream
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
A call was sent out near the borders of the pack and Izumi was probably the first to hear; couldn't hurt to investigate, would it? 

The dainty female ran over towards the noise's origin, leaping atop a boulder for a better scan of the area and soon enough, the figure of an unknown man was seen standing between the trees — as if waiting for someone to arrive. Hopefully that wasn't a sign of upcoming trouble...

"Your call was sounded near Faerie territory. Someone you wish speak to?" The femme confronted  them, sitting neatly ontop of the rock while looking down with observant eyes of violet. His coat was multiple shades of brown and his features well crafted — not someone she recognized, and most likely an outsider. Izumi hadn't been in her pack for long to know much, but it could only be assumed because he didn't carry a single scent belonging to anyone in the court.

The Tale Weaver
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The woman’s arrival is flashy. She comes running, leaps onto a rock, and looks down upon him like a god looking down upon their creation. This dynamic between them felt wrong. Unholy even.

Yes, I was hoping to speak with one of you. This one will have to do. My name is Cenric. I’ve met a couple of wolves within your ranks. What is your name?
closed for threads
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
"Cen...ric..." Her lips mouthed the stranger's name quitely for future reference; she was still getting used to the common language spoken here afterall. Though 'Cenric' was not a name she'd consider very common around here if her memory wasn't a failure, but who was she to judge? Not many could decipher where Izumi's name origins either.

"My name Izumi Fujiwara. Nice to meet you, Cenric." She dipped her head respectively in his direction before jumping off her platform to meet the sire at their level. "You've probably never seen me before. I'm new to r-ranks..."

The Tale Weaver
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Izumi Fujiwara. A name that would be kept in the faults of his mind until it became useful again. A shared fate with all the names he’d come across, and many more after that.

She leapt from her perch. Being eye to eye with her made him feel better, but not completely satisfied.

Is that so? Where were you before you joined the court?
closed for threads
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
"Where you say?" Her origins were quick to come into question considering they'd just met. It wasn't as if Izumi was ashamed to speak of it, but talking about it to so many strangers made the damsel question her security. The wolves from the Homura clan that invaded the grove and reduced her own clan into a bloodied genocide; surely they sent out wolves to search for her and her siblings after they escaped, right? It wouldn't feel safe to give clues to others....though the idea was quickly brushed off as paranoia.

Her gaze turned away to mull over her own thoughts and then switched back to the elken male. "My home was taken over by enemies, I escape with brother and sisters but we were separated. So I sought refuge with Faeries."

The Tale Weaver
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Her origin is a tragedy. He felt obligated to briefly bow his head out of respect. I am sorry that happened to you. Perhaps you and your family will be reunited soon. Cenric was reunited with his. However, there’s  a key difference between the two. The High Elk smiles upon one of them and scorns the other.

Izumi shared her story, now he felt compelled to share his. Make that thread of trust stronger.

I was also forced out of my home, though not by enemies. A fire separated some of us and killed the rest. Then he added with a smile, We survivors are beginning to reunite again. We’re staying on the mountain until the storm dies down.

As much as he enjoyed learning about someone’s personal affairs, that was not what he came here for. He wanted to gain information about the collective, not an individual.

I’ve heard great things about the court from your peers. I’m curious; who is ruling?
closed for threads
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Ah; so there was yet another who had been forced to leave their home — and to think she was the only one plagued with such a misfortune. Though, unlike Izumi, Cenric actually found members from his previous pack that he'd been able to associate himself with. Meanwhile, the femora couldn't even find where her siblings went and everyone associated with the Fujiwara clan had been killed — including her parents. 

In response to his apologeticness, she'd simply nod and look away, displaying impassivness on her slender features to mask the melancholy that weighed heavy in her chest (and perhaps even a bit of jealousy towards the he-wolf). Izumi didn't want to feel pitied like a little girl, she just wanted to find them.....

After a few seconds, Cenric would change the subject the — to the young female's relief — and began talking about the court once more. He seemed enthusiastic to learn more about it, his reasoning being blurry and hard to read, but maybe it was just healthy curiosity. Cenric was seeking refuge in these mountains like her after all. "Our ruler name is Queen Lumiya. She rules all in court." 

The Tale Weaver
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Ah yes, Lumiya. A woman mentioned in passing, but one he knew next to nothing about. Knowledge was a power Cenric craved.

Queen Lumiya, he repeated. Such a regal title. Was it deserved?

Cenric leaned forward. There’s an inquisitive glint in his eye. Can you tell me more about her?
closed for threads
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
[Image: dcdpdrp-47f21ded-0999-4b65-aeeb-d380ce73c641.gif]

To his question she pondered, then turned away to ponder some more with a paw on her chin. If there was a title belonging to a wolf with the worst retention when it came to information, it would be Izumi (because the girl knew little to nothing regarding Cenric's question). She was new to the pack and with that came the ignorance all new members carried. Though Fujiwara thought it would be shitty to just leave the dark sire hanging like this, so she just told him anything she could remember.

"Faeries....Queen Lumiya refers herself as Queen of Faeries....
" violet orbs continued to wander around in search of nothing except for what to say next. "...and we one with earth and elements..." those words were parroted straight from Lumiya's own lips — words she had yet to find the meaning of herself....

The Tale Weaver
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Queen of Faeries. He could only imagine what a faerie was. They sounded mythical, god-like even. Queen of Gods. Such a high title.

—and we are one with earth and elements. As the Déorwine’s were. This Lumiya was an interesting character.

Your leader sounds intriguing, he hummed, I’d love to meet her someday.
closed for threads
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
"If she willing to welcome me with open arms, she be glad to meet you." and Izu meant that with the utmost sincerity. Izumi may not have known much about Lumiya herself, but the alphess was kind enough to make Izumi, a strange woman of untold origins, stick around in her court.

If a frantic stranger with no clear title were to show up at her old clan's doorstep asking for a place to stay, they would've been interrogated as a spy and sent promptly on their way. Because — as diplomatic as the Fujiwara clan appeared to be in terms of international affairs — foreigners were never truly welcomed unless they offered benefits. Such as her mother's arranged marriage to her father.

"Wish to speak with Lumiya now?" she finally asked the elken sire. Surely Cenric didn't come all the way out here just to hang around the borders, right? If they wished to speak with the Faerie Queen herself, then the young crane would gladly call her leader out if he wished...

The Tale Weaver
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
I’m sure she would. She seemed like a kind type. Patient and fair. A pleasure to talk to he’s sure, but that would have to wait for another day.

Perhaps another time. I’m afraid I must be off. There’s a lot of business I need to attend to. He turned around and began to walk away, but not before offering her a smile and a, Farewell. It was a pleasure speaking to you, Izumi.
closed for threads
85 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
"I see," she said with an understanding nod. His time here was temporary and Izumi couldn't help but wonder why. Though Cenric wouldn't stay long enough for her to figure it out since he was quick to be on his way.

"Goodbye, Cenric. We meet again one day..." Izu couldn't return his warm smile, but she instead returned his farewell and briefly bowed her pale cranium before getting up to leave. No way of telling who this man really was, but he seemed nice enough in the young crane's eyes.

The Tale Weaver