Whitefish River Heart strung, young and dumb
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Limit Two 
| look who's back for a while B]
| swollen left hind leg, hairline fracture. swollen front left ankle, sprain. scrapes and bruised all over, swollen right eye
| Partly Cloudy 78F
| 5:45PM 
@Ira, @Speedy too if she wants to join

How long had it been? It felt like an eternity since he was wandering, trying to once again find his way back since the incident. For the past few weeks, he wasn't just lost like before, his head whirred and still hurt - was it rabies? Was he infected after all and this was all a part of the infection? With all the rain lately, it didn't' seem likely. He drank normally, thankfully there was plenty of that to find even while hunting seemed impossible with his legs. 

He should be dead. How was he not? Whoever was looking down on him from above was surely favouring his luck. He didn't need to see or feel to know he was a mangled mess, the way his body reacted to demands was enough to know something was terribly off after the landslide, it only felt like his limbs were getting stiffer, bigger from the looks of them too. 

But he made it back. He always would. Only death would keep him from returning home, back to Kaistleoki, back to Ira who had only recently given him more responsibility. Oh dear, Ira. His heart thudded heavily in his chest, painfully as it weighed him down. She must be disappointed, remembering the last time he had gone missing. Once again returning skinny and this time a wounded, useless mess. Even if he did come crawling back in the end, was it acceptable? 

As he sat at the borders, the ones he had memorized so dutifully, he sat in silence for a little while longer as he pondered over what would certainly come. Swallowing several times, nervously, nearly choking on the saliva, he took a deep breath and finally called.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
:'^)

The weeks of rain came and went, taking a lot more than the Count was completely aware of with it. The land remained muddy, but at the very least she was finally dry outside of her den. It would be wrong to say Ira had forgotten about Hieronymous. Compared to the last time he lost his way she often found her thoughts drifting to the male. Was he ok? She prayed that the worst was just her overthinking things, but given how much time had passed she knew she'd have to swallow that rock soon. Whatever happened he was gone...and she missed him.

It felt unfair, that right when she needed him most he disappeared. The weight he lifted from her shoulders by helping shoulder her responsibilities, he was more than capable as a right-hand man. Yeah, that's it. A friend and leader, it was a hard loss not just for her but the whole of the pack. At least that's what she'd keep telling herself.

Then she heard it— a call, though it almost seemed as if it waivered. The Count froze in place at the sound, it was all too familiar, surely she had imagined it? Right? How often did those you think about appear when you're thinking of them? Not wanting to risk it Ira changed her course quickly making her way to the borders in search of the painted knight. Working her way through the trees, the male's broken form soon came into view causing her to stop in her tracks as if she had spotted a ghost, Gods deceive me— The words were a mere whisper on her lips as she waited for her mind to process, ensuring this hadn't been a trick of the light.

Seeing him so injured hurt, it sent a pang through her heart, but more importantly, he was alive and he was home. Perhaps she had missed him more than she realized because it wouldn't be long until she rushed to the male's side for an embrace, Hieronymous you're alive—! though it suddenly occurred to her that while he couldn't feel pain the touch might still hurt his injuries...not to mention she just rushed to hug the man. Clearing her throat she took a few steps back ignoring the burn of embarrassment that ran through her cheeks Sorry...ah...you've been gone some time.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
As his call fades in the distance, all he could do now was wait for what was coming - for who was coming. Though he knew who he would like to see, and feared that same person for their judgment, anyone would be a welcomed sight if he was being honest. A familiar face, a friendly face. The rhythm of his own heart is what kept the tempo of time, thudding in a beat of its own, defining in his ears as he waited patiently in what felt like longer than it was. Time truly slowed, and more so as her figure came out of the woodwork.

It was unforgettable, as if he dreamed of it every day, her face, kept him going to see the woman just one more time, to reassure her that he didn't disappear as the fathers of her children had just so recently done. He wouldn't do the same, even if she may hate him for the weeks he was already gone for. The delight in seeing Ira as she approached was intoxicating, his head spun as the smile couldn't help but find its way to his face. Time slowed to a stop and even then it was moving too fast for him. Was his tail wagging? Shit, he wouldn't turn to check as he soaked up the moment. All he could do was drink in the moment of silence while he searched her face for a reaction. 

Truth be told he was tired, very tired. Tail far too exhausted to move an inch let alone be the jet engine he imagined it was right now, legs on the verge of giving up on holding him up any further; and he nearly lost all senses seeing her smile. Despite it all, naturally, he gave in to the embrace, even as his legs collapsed under the extra weight she brought, he couldn't help but lean into it all. 

I know, I'm sorry. And she took a step back, how could he ask her to linger just a little longer? I'm so sorry, Ira. Come on man, say something more than just apologies - and yet, he simply couldn't.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Of course the first thing to leave his lips was an apology. As the second one started she simply shook her head intending to cut him off, Stop. I don't want to hear it, it doesn't matter. After all, he had done what no one else had, You came back. The Count couldn't keep the small smile off her lips at the statement. Everything felt surreal, like a dream. In all honesty, she wasn't sure what to say next, so she just kept staring as if the knight would disappear in a bink.

After some time though as silence fell, it occurred to her that perhaps she should get help since Hieronymous was real and not just some illusion she could gawk at all-day. Oh— your injuries, we need to get @Speedy. Are you...ok to walk? Even without the pain just looking at Hiero made her own bones ache. At least two of his legs were swollen in some unnatural way, if they were broken Ira couldn't even begin to imagine traveling all this way. Moving from the cave to the plains had been by far too much for herself after she had broken her leg.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
The call from the borders was familiar enough that she paused in the sorting of her plants and looked in the direction from where it came. A few moments was all it took for the sound to click in her mind and bring forth memories of Hieronymous. She had feared the former constable had suffered some terrible fate and they would never see him again. 

So she turned from her work and hurried to the borders, worried about what kind of condition the man might be in. He wasn't the type to just leave, especially without saying anything, so she feared something had happened to him to keep him away. 

When she arrived, her eyes immediately found his swollen rear leg and worry filled her expression. His front left ankle looked swollen as well. Her gaze traveled over every scrape and bruise before settling on his swollen eye. Hieronymous. The word was filled with all of her concern. What happened to you? Could he walk? The healer knew he wouldn't feel the pain, but she wanted to get him settled somewhere dry and warm before he did more damage to his injured legs. She couldn't tell for sure if he had any broken bones, but it was high on her list of worries with how swollen things were.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
I'm sorry, he still wanted to blurt out at her demands of the apologies to stop. He understood, sometimes explanations were not necessary even if he himself might think it was, although knowing himself very well he would ramble on and on and maybe cry here and there out of sheer grief. It felt as if he would disappear, that all this effort to come back would end in the dusting of a returned warrior as if this was all that mattered and he could simply disappear now and then.

Yet he remained.

He was real.

And he was going nowhere.

He was needed, and by Ira's expression wanted, even by duty. How selfish it would have been for him to vanish without crawling back without effort. Pft you know me. As cocky as he sounded, the man was awkward when stepping forward. Both injured legs shooting out awkwardly when he moved, shifting in unnatural ways, back leg more so than the front. I'll go wherever needed. He seemed to say with every fibre of his being when flashing that same cocky glance to Ira.

Interrupted by Speedy who obviously would make her own appearance, Hieronymous offered a bow in acknowledgment. Ears turning back to her questions. I know, I'm sorry. How awkward indeed. I was caught in the middle of a landslide visiting the sister pack. I didn't think I'd find Kaistleoki again. I got very lucky. It was all very fuzzy after all.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The injured knight was quick to joke drawing out an eye roll from the Count. She did know him, the jokester who couldn't feel pain and on occasion pushed himself too far as a result, there was a reason she had asked her question. Just because you can't feel it doesn't mean you should walk. Thankfully Speedy was quick to arrive on the scene not even needing her own call to draw her out of the woods.

Hiero was quick to offer similar apologies to the healer as he explained his situation and where he had been in the weeks that passed. It was only a day's travel up the mountain, but a landslide could mix anyone up, and lacking the ability to smell definitely would hinder one's ability to right themselves...and that wasn't even accounting for his serious injuries! You can lean against me until we get you somewhere to rest, if I have to I can carry you. Ira glanced at Speedy at that wondering which she would advise, though she could guess it would be the latter.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
In that moment, it was hard for her to remember that Hieronymous didn't feel pain; those wounds would be painful for anyone, and she almost suggested he wait here while she ran to get something to ease the pain before they tried moving him. But she stopped the thought, remembering the conversation they had the last time he was hurt. The knowledge didn't keep the concern from her expression, though. Painful or not, his injuries needed attention. 

Don't apologize, she said softly. We're just glad you're back. Honestly, who apologizes for being injured? Ira suggested they help get him somewhere to rest, offering to carry him if needed, and the healer met her gaze when the Count looked to her for her opinion. I'd rather he didn't try to walk on his injured legs, Speedy stated. She wasn't sure if Hieronynmous would actually let Ira carry him, though, so she looked to him to see what he thought of their plan.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
| We can probably wrap this up soon if you guys wanna! It doesn't have to be a long thread <3

I'm glad to be back. The words slipped out as a sigh, glad, he was beyond the moon and stars to have stumbled his way back eventually once the cloudy thoughts dispersed. One landmark after another and he eventually pieced his path together, but all it took was for the clouds to never depart. 

Ira made him smile, her retort about his ability to walk was a fair judgment on her end - and even if he wanted to play around with it all still to alleviate the mood, Speedy nailed that coffin shut and a decision was made. An exasperated and exaggerated sigh slipped through his lips as he tilted his head to the heavens, maw slinging open with a grimace like a child not getting their way. Fiiiiiine.

A crack in his facade slipped through, a smirk. At least he was able to get close to Ira again, with a good excuse to boot too. I suppose I'll take your offer, Ira, on the doctor's orders. His tail offering a little sway behind him, obviously he was maybe more excited about this than he was trying to play off as.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
this could be my last post! feel free to archive speedy or do one last post

Speedy was in quick agreeance about the knight walking on his own, or even walking in general. Hieronymous seemed to give an exaggerated complaint, but the hints in his voice suggested he was playing as he often was. Her suspicions were only confirmed as he glanced away from the heavens with a small smirk upon his maw causing the Count to roll her eyes as she strived off her own small smile. It was nice that even through everything he hadn't changed.

Stepping closer, Ira would crouch under the painted man's belly ensuring that he was lined in a way to be well balanced before slowly rising to her feet. It was moments like these that her size came as a blessing given Hiero was actually shorter than her, even if it wasn't that big of a height difference. Don't get used to this. She wasn't blind, she had seen his tail wagging since she showed up, yet her threat seems soft around the edges. Perhaps it was her own jest towards his antics, but who's to say?

With the injured knight secured she'd follow Speedy to a suitable resting area.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy just watched the exchange between the two—Hieronymous' reluctant agreement that didn't actually seem so reluctant, her friend's stifled smile and not-so-threatening threat for their packmate not to get used to this. There was certainly something going on between them, wasn't there? Something she hadn't noticed before. A pleased smile spread across her own face as her imagination took off with that knowledge. She made a note to ask Ira about it later when it was just the two of them. 

Once Hieronymous was securely atop the Count's back, Speedy promptly turned and began to lead them to a place near her den where she could easily care for him but also give him privacy. Her smile stayed in place the whole way, despite her worry for the former Constable's condition.