i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
Private 
set directly after this

ursus listened. ursus breathed.
he felt his veins open as astara skulked off into the wet, dragging rosina with her as if the lifeless witch weighed nothing.
merrick trailed his beloved, compelled, haunted; his one remaining eye rolled to the smudge of mountains, and in the wildflower meadow that had formed such horrid backdrops, he paused.
a breath; that near-sick clench of anticipation and bloodlust converging beneath his flesh.
mama
auntie laurel
"it's time," he laughed, raindrops clinging wetly to his lips.
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan is on his way to Ursus. He needs to speak to Merrick. He’s not desperate, but he’s surely in a rush. The twitch in his head to kill is strong, almost overwhelming. He needs it, but his leg still hurts. Fuck why can’t it heal faster?

The rain pours down onto his dense form as he trots through the valley of flowers near the infamous Bearclaw valley. A striking howl throws chills down his spine. His ears swivel and he doesn’t recognize the howl. It’s close enough to Ursus for him to have the desire to rush to the sound. Perhaps they’re in need of bodies. 

He urges himself into a gallop. Heaven paws thumping and splashing through the flooded meadow he rushes to the call of said wolf.

Upon arrival, he sees Merrick. His golden gaze is intense and he can’t help the smile that comes to his maw as he chuffs to signal his arrival if he hasn’t already seen him. “Merrick.” He hums out the males name, stopping fairly close to him.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
merrick did not register the tiger at first; his lip lifted and then his gaze, tearing from astara's striding confidence to the rain-kissed man before him. "donovan." voice a twisted grit. he jerked his chin toward the blackbird, carrying the witch off as if she were a mantis.
"easthollow killed one of our own." saying the name as if his rugged lover knew what it meant — he took a step after the raven, and then another. devilsmoke in that single eye. "we're going to have a little talk."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He remembers Merrick mentioning Easthollow once before. Donovan’s usually star lit eyes darken with a malicious interest. Killed one of them? That’s not good. Donovan knows if any of his members got killed by another repack he too would be walking the war path.

His eyes flick to the raven woman he’d come to know as Merrick’s lover, his second in command. Eyes shamelessly raking over the dead wolf she carries, recognizing her as Rosina from their pack meeting. How unfortunate. 

“Have a little talk with this Easthollow?” He asks softly, a grim smirk spreading onto his maw.

It’s time to scratch that itch.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"yes. she's — we're —" merrick stopped, huffed a single brutish chuckle. "want to come along?"
had merrick a single thought in his bloodwit head, he might have weighed the consequence of bringing one lover into the tooth-range of his jealous blackfeather. but he did not; only the crush and grind and ache in his throat for the rich copper taste.
he began to walk again, gathering speed as he glanced back to donovan. not wanting to draw too close to the corvid in her high humour, the bear-golem rolled his shoulders. "i was born to a woman here  and raised in a grove not far away. she abandoned me when i was young." the words are mechanic, monotonous, tinged in a hard fury merrick could not hold back. "eventually i left, and became who i am. she never came back for me, and when i did find her, she had been at easthollow."
mama
"all that time. she and her fucking sister. i killed her," merrick breathed.
"later a boy from easthollow came. ursus wounded him badly. i expect that he died. then rosina went on her venture, you never did see how she was. in life," rambling, rambling; the snick of teeth. "i am happy to kill every one of the cowardly fucks."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan chuckles back, padding next to the male. His head level with his shoulders and a straight back. His tail curled high, he nods eagerly. “Of course.” He offers his services to his ally. This will be fun. 

Yet he trails behind as Merrick speeds up, hanging comfortably near his hip instead of beside. He listens intently to the information Merrick feeds him. Donovan hungrily soaking it in. The drama between the two packs is palpable — it excites him. They’ll probably get shredded if they go with these numbers and Donovan can guarantee it’s not going to be friendly. 

He sees the gleam of teeth and he can’t help but show his own in a malicious smirk at his counterparts last words. He chuckles deeply, the sound baritone coming from his chest. “Let’s kill ‘em then.” Comes his snake like reply. “We’d have trouble doing that with these numbers.” He references the three of them. Against a whole pack? Not gonna happen.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
donovan, all for the break and shatter of a packland. merrick in the depth of his bones shared the thought in kinship, but they were already bearing down upon the circle of stones that housed murderers and cowards. "rosina went alone," the coywolf noted, single eye shifting from the stiff, enraged line of the blackbird's spine to the leader of the saints.
grandmaster. bruin-witch. bruin-tooth. "ursus is near at hand. and your own pack is not far off."
a smirk. "we want the one who killed her. no more. if they give more, so will we. and there's no shame in falling back to return again." water upon a stone.
"all of us are mortal. but i will see that they bleed more than us in the end."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Surely the remainder of Ursus would hear the howls of their masters if they were to call on them. Perhaps Easthollow will play nice, roll over on their bellies and submit to their wishes, but he doubts it. Only a true weak pack would do such a thing. Though if they knew what was smart they would. 

“Sounds good to me.” He agrees easily. “No shame in hightailing it out in exchange for your life.” Comes his voice echoing back Merrick’s words indifferently. “Your pack will come when called.” 

After he casually repeats everything Merrick says, Donovan nods. “Let’s fuckin’ go.” Is Donovan’s sure fire response, then a confident upwards tilt of his lips. He’s ready to see how this will turn out. Maybe they’ll get killed, but isn’t that the fun? Risking ones life?
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
he let out a breath. "it's good to see you." merrick looked into the fierce eyes of the tige-wolf, let himself recall how their bodies had clashed. but the moment was given to blood, drenched in it.
he said no more, only lengthened his stride to catch up with the raven and rosina's battered body sleighed along.
buoyed by donovan's company, merrick turned his sight toward easthollow and was consumed with rage.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
A sigh of soft breath leaving through scarred lips. Donovan smiles a less malicious one to the devious male. “You as well, Merrick.” He hums pleasantly.

His voice holds no affection, a softness perhaps, but nothing that would give him away to the vicious woman a few steps ahead of them. His eyes are a different story, they dance with a suggestive fire. Heavy lids purposely reminding the other of their heated coupling. Something Donovan wishes to have sooner rather than later. 

The burn of his eyes is quick, for Merrick is trotting a little ways ahead to his female counterpart. Donovan only smirks and shamelessly takes his canary colored irises across the coy’s body. Allowing his mind to briefly drift to a more suggestive plain of thought before following the single eyed look and instantly remembering their original reason for being here. He’s ready for a fight.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
fading! <3

he felt the burn of donovan's eyes across him, clawing through the fur the man had mussed once before. would they get to it a second time? but the raven pulled him, next, fully; merrick's skin felt as if it were lifting, tightening out in tendrils that assessed each roll of her corded frame, every footfall that carried rosina and the reckoning of ursus toward easthollow.