Emberflame Ridge The Witch And The Bird
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
For @Buzzard but all welcome <3 forward dated to the 8th of September! 
Setting: twilight, 78° F

Nyra had been home for a few days now and decided to take an elongated traipse around the Sunspire territories, to see what else these mountains may hold. 
Perhaps she could see some amazing things if she climbed high enough. 
But, amazing things were everywhere if one admired nature enough to see them. 
The Titan Witch looked out over the horizon, admiring the colors of the sunset that illuminated her form like an ethereal goddess. 
"Beautiful." She murmured, smiling softly at the flame colored rainbow of the twilight sky
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
77 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Buzzard learned something about Sparky real damn fast: they could only take so much of him at a time. Whenever he wasn’t terrorizing their brother he was the most annoying little shit on the planet. They weren’t gonna deal with his tantrums, no sir! That’s @Condor’s job. He came up with the plan, so he’d have to put up with the worst of the kid.

Buzzard trotted up the mountain, quite proud of themselves for slipping away from Thing One and Thing Two. Now what do with this limited freedom? Aha! A stranger to keep them entertained. Buzzard sauntered up behind her.

What’s so beautiful about a sunset? They never understood the appeal. It looked the same everyday. Nothing special about it.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"There are many things about nature that are beautiful, even if they are constant. Like the seasons changing, perhaps, or even a good sunset." Nyra responded with a slight growl, without looking behind her at first, but casually turned to see the coywolf standing there.
The Titan Witch sighed softly. She had hoped to enjoy this traipse of hers without running in to much of anyone, but, she had figured out long ago you don't always get what you want. 
"And you are?" She raised a brow, swiveling her ears forward with mild interest
Health (100/100)
water to wine and the finest of sands
40 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
condor hadn't had to learn that his newly unwanted guest was annoying. no, that had been made crystal clear the moment before he'd made the unfortunate decision to kidnap the child. that ever-hopeful and positive part of him had assumed that, perhaps, once the ugly little thing had realized his situation, he'd shut his mouth and let the scavengers go about their business.

no. if anything it had only spurred him on. as though he thought he was just on a quick field trip instead of being kidnapped. and unless he wanted to ruin this plan he'd put so much hard work into already, he couldn't touch a hair on the child's head. it was absolutely infuriating. what was perhaps even more infuriating was that condor had closed his eyes for a quick nap, and he'd woken up to their captive thankfully passed out and buzzard nowhere to be seen.

oh no. that wouldn't do. if condor was going to be miserable, buzzard was absolutely going to be miserable right along with them. taking a quick note of the child's scent in case he made the unfortunate decision to flee later – though he was probably too stupid for that – he followed his sibling along the ridge. the rain had stopped at long last, but even without it, an idiot could have tracked buzzard's filth for miles.

subtlety was lost on their sibling, in more ways than one. and that was borne out just here, though at least this time they'd selected an individual instead of a pack to harass. condor was instantly suspicious; he couldn't trust buzzard to have enough brain rattling around in that empty head to check exactly what gang of wolves this one belonged to. wolves got so touchy about their children, even if this one was, much to condor's regret, unharmed.

sniffing the air as he approached, condor eyed the giant woman critically. what was with all of these huge white behemoths wandering around? no style whatsoever. just muscle and teeth, and all, without exception, the most miserable things to talk to. at least there was none of the child's scent to be noticed, except what lingered on his sibling's fur.

"of course you would ask that, darling." condor ran a pointed eye over buzzard's coat as he drew close. "how should i put this...it is to those of us with taste what a mud puddle is to you."
77 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Of course she’d pull some poetic crap like that. Buzzard shrugged. To each their own I guess. Why did wolves have to be so weird about literally everything? There was absolutely nothing beautiful about nature. If you thought about it long enough, you’d realize how fucked the whole thing was. There’s no sunset in the world to distract from that fact.

Name’s Buzzard. They were in the middle of their iconic dramatic bow when Condor showed up. Of all the annoying dudes in the world, it had to be him. Where the hell did he even come from anyways?

Mud puddles are way better. They turned to their brother with a grin. Can you make a slip-n-slide out of a sunset? Yeah, didn’t think so.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra let a soft smile grace her features as the Bird Wolf introduced themselves with a dramatic bow, soon joined by another wolf. 

The Giantess chuckled lightly and responded "My name's Nyra. It's nice to meet ya." With a light dip of her head. They didn't seem like they wanted to hurt her, so she would be civil at the least.
Health (100/100)
40 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
very sorry for holding this up!!

"see, to anyone else, that would be to its benefit." condor sighed, refusing to return buzzard's toothy grin. surely they were upset they hadn't managed to trap him with the brat but really, after what had happened with legion, couldn't they see he was doing them a service?

of course he wasn't. but he did like to annoy his sibling.

"condor," he said with his own dramatic bow. he was not going to be outdone in theatrics by buzzard. not a chance. "good to meet you as well, darling." making a show of looking out over the ridge at the setting sun buzzard so loathed, condor turned back to face her. "do you happen to live around here?"

it was always good to meet new targets. his smile wasn't even fake.

77 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Nyra. See, now that’s a good name. Short, sweet, and simple. Buzzard wasn’t a fan of all those long, over the top names. They’re so dramatic, and for what?

It’s Condor’s lucky day; they didn’t know what to say for once. Yet. Something was bound to come to them soon. Nyra had the floor for now.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Not wanting to face Donovan's anger a second time, Nyra rolled with the punches as smoothly as she possibly could. Lying had its pros and cons. Hopefully, this fib had fewer cons in case these two had a pack she needed to worry about... 
"Just me and my mate, he's out hunting for our dinner right now. Left a little bit ago, so I came up here to enjoy the sky while he's gone." 
Health (100/100)
40 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
so sorry for holding this up!! i know buzzard is going inactive for the time being, so we can wrap this up with your post nyra, or keep going. either way <3

in a way, this was preferable. packs could be so touchy about their territory. as though they didn't have plenty lying spare for some scavengers. but just two strangers...that would be much simpler. even if one of them was this big. that just meant condor would have absolutely no trouble outrunning her, and, well, the less work the better, as far as he was concerned.

"oh, of course." condor smiled again. to ask exactly where she was staying would be painfully transparent. luckily for him, he had a good nose. that would be all it took to follow her. 

"well, i don't mean to keep you on such a nice evening. and i certainly wouldn't want you to have to suffer my sibling any longer than necessary." no reason not to try to get a little extra information out of her, though. that was half the fun. "but if you do live around here, perhaps you know a bit about the local packs? we're both new here, you see. a bit of direction would be welcome."

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
That's perfectly fine with me! We can archive after you respond, if you want one last post here, that is! No pressure regardless <3 

The shieldmaiden hmmed at Condor's inquiry. She furrowed her brows some as if thinking about it, ultimately shrugging "Nothing comes to mind, I'm afraid. Best of luck to you, though." Nyra answered, offering a light smile before she stood and made to leave, "I'll be going now, don't want to worry my mate too much if he's come back with dinner already." She mused with a light laugh, offering a final nod to the male before she departed at a steady trot.
Health (100/100)