This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Setting: 3:00 AM - 9/11/2020, Territory #6: Warrior's Heart
Tags: @Kynareth Deagon but ALL Saints welcome to join! 

Nyra had sprinted faster than she ever had before in her retreat from Bearclaw Valley, not stopping once as she covered the distance back to the Canyon, blood dripping and smeared in her paw prints the entire way with how beaten and bloodied she was. The Giantess may have been beautiful if it wasn't her own blood...if she didn't look half dead, either.

Nyra streaked into Warrior's Heart panting heavily, not even slowing down before she collapsed, rolled and sprawled across the ground in the middle of the Lion's Den, sobbing hard and loud with a mix of fear, relief, and agony.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Luckily for Nyra, Donovan is overlooking the den site. His claws hanging off the rocky ledge as his eyes catch on her bloodied form. Squinting to make sure he is sure of what he’s seeing and the. They widen ever so slightly as he finally realizes that it is Nyra and she is covered in blood — most likely her own by the way she’s hobbling along.

He keeps his eyes on her as he jumps expertly off of perch. Galloping to her side he gazes upon her with worry. Going to slide next to her and slip his head underneath her chin and neck to help her stand, or perhaps sit, whatever she wanted to do.

“What the fuck happened?” He asks horribly curious. Bordering on Pissed.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Trying not to hyperventilate, Nyra messily shuffled into a sitting position with his help, legs trembling violently with the effort as she also forced herself to speak "I-I went to-to Ursus y-y-yesterday, after y-you told me about East-Easthollow and th-them hav-ving tensions," She whimpered, "I was m-met at-at the b-border by...by a large black and white wolf, my-my size... and one of Merrick's mate's k-kids-s. Other-others s-soon joined...Including Merrick hims-self-f-f..." Deep breaths, "I w-wanted to make am-ameneds-s f-for my ac-actions at the Gathering-g, a-and see if th-they were alri-ight...and...wh-when I made myself v-vulnera-abl-le to the r-raven woman's brat, he-he lung-lunged at me...I ra-ragdolled him in self defense, and th-then..." Nyra glanced down to her battered body as if silently saying they all attacked her. 
She slid back to the ground in exhaustion and tried to get her bawling under control.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
His brows raise and his eyes watch her intently. The coldness he gave her only days before completely replaced by worry for the shewolf as she heaves and cries before him. He hardly knows wheat to say. So he lets her continue until she is done telling her side of the story. The moment she quiets and assumes he can connect the ending his brow scrunches in frustration. 

“What the fuck.” He growls, not mad at Nyra, but livid with his nearby allies. There’s no way this was some misunderstanding. “What were they saying? Did they not meet you before?” He questions almost violently. Pissed beyond all belief.
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
cameo. yeehaw. tag me if you need another renard response

it had, once upon a time, been renard's job to know what went on in their territory. nobody came in or out without them knowing about it. they were every shadow, and the reason you watched your back before you started talking treason. praimfaya was the only one here with the presence of mind to do something with it, but habits didn't fade so easily.

and nyra wasn't quiet.

renard didn't need to be a shadow to hear her. all they needed was ears. maybe a nose for the blood she trailed behind her. 

so all of that mess with neverwinter forest had been pointless after all. all of that interest in donovan. when it came to the event that finally drove the saints into action, would make this joke worthwhile staying for, they should have been paying attention to her.

seelie court had left them at more of a loss than they'd have liked, when it came to the saints' current affairs, and they hadn't had the chance to speak with praimfaya yet. or donovan, if they could be bothered. he wasn't likely to reveal anything helpful.

so of course they came along behind her, quiet in the shade and eager as a hunter locking eyes on its wounded prey. she dripped blood like she'd bathed in it, sobbing as she ran, such a stark contrast from their first meeting with clay, all perfect and put together until he said the wrong thing. they'd known from the very second she started roaring that she was as much of a liability as donovan was, too hotheaded to take a second and think – the patient act only worked when you could maintain it. and they'd been right.

she wasn't dead, but it was a close thing. drawing a heavy breath through their nose, stained with heavy salt-and-iron, renard drew soundlessly up behind her, stopping in the overhang of the cliff. from the shadow, they were nothing beyond a pair of violet eyes and the silver gleam of a grin; not hiding, just waiting.

and then she spoke.

renard would have laughed, if they were in any other company. easthollow was something they'd have to learn of later, but it wasn't yuèlóng, it wasn't neverwinter forest, it wasn't seelie court. it was ursus. their allies. she'd lost her temper over a kid, and here she was, crying at donovan's feet.

if something like this had happened back at the court, aion would have called them forward. they wouldn't have needed to ask for the command; they would have torn her throat out in one bite, and that would have been the end of it. there was no room for this kind of mistake.

if donovan was smart, he would have done the same thing. 

instead, she was playing him for a fool, and he was buying it. 

they shouldn't have been surprised. and yet, somehow, he found new ways to disappoint them. of course someone would react badly to their child being ragdolled, and neither leader of ursus had struck them as particularly forgiving to begin with.

stepping from the shadow, renard waited patiently at the edge of the cliff-face to either be addressed or for the conversation to come to an end, their habitual smile still curling their lip. if praimfaya didn't show, this was information she'd certainly be interested in. 

and just like nemisis screaming, spilling blood from her torn throat as donovan stood above her, this was a show they didn't intend to miss.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
After a good dose of silence, like...a lot of it, besides Nyra's sobbing, she finally got herself under just enough control to speak without stuttering, not that her response was in much if any order to his questions "I didn't recognize the black and white brute (Skoll), or the brownish grey male that joined him(Toad), but I did recognize Merrick's son (Aventus). No idea his name, a black shade of a brat like his mother. The healer wolf from the Gathering came too, later, and asked what was going on (Evien)...I told the first brute my reason for being there when he asked, but he told me to worry about my own pack, only come if I was called...I think, but am not certain, that the kid was the reason the large male responded like he did."

She swiveled an ear back, figuring someone was there. She didn't have the energy or care to figure out who. 

"I apologized to the kid, even put myself into submission. The black and white male told me the raven bitch wouldn't accept an apology, to come back when I had a real one, that the one I gave sounded like an excuse...then the brat tried to attack me. I ragdolled him, threw him, then Merrick came running and attacked, soon followed by...the others..." 

She flattened her ears and kept her head lowered. She knew she had lost her cool over a puppy of all things. She felt ashamed of it, and expected Donovan to chastise her or something for her stunt. 

"I just keep screwing things up..." The Titaness sighed with a soft whine.
Health (100/100)
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He'd found the blood trail into Warriors Heart.
And sprinted into there.
Nyra was the victim. Renard the lurker. 
Donovan the questioner. Derg, the decider.

He strode over, face grave.
"What did you do?" He uttered quietly. He immediately assumed the worst from the hotheaded woman.
She'd obviously fought something and she reeked of Ursus.
She really had fucked up.
Her explanation came, and he assumed he was not noticed by her as of yet. Grovelling at Donovan's feet.

"You stupid bitch," he quietly raged, wrath rolling over his form as he strode over her crumpled body.
Paws either side of her, lowering his maw to her ear.
"Wolves who fuck up like that from my home lose their ears, and then their paws, and then their tongues and tails until they bleed out. Do you want that Nyra?"
His voice harsh, soft growls edging his promising words.
This ally was all they had for support and she'd tried to butcher their young.
|  •  •  |
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra heard Derg coming, heard the insult, the everything. 

With an amused and equally deadpan expression she yawned "Ignoring your pup-level insult, if that's how your home life was, what suddenly makes me any worse than the likes of you?" Nyra scoffed softly. She was already banged up but her give- a-fuck level was -100 now that she had gotten a grip on her tears "If you're going to threaten me, make sure I'm not wounded so I can properly body slam your dusty ass into the ground. Or are you actually that insecure about your ability to fight?" 
She hasn't stood up, she hasn't gotten in his face, and she was uncharacteristically calm. She knew she fucked up by throttling the little bastard. Whatever the Overseer thought she deserved past what she was dealt by Ursus, he could shove it.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan watches Derg approach, his eyes dancing in his form the entire time. Even as he stands over the injured woman and tells her that she fucked up. Don agrees, but also he believes Nyra wasn’t in the wrong at first. Though maybe she could have done a little less rather than almost kill the kid.

Then just as fast Nyra is snapping back. She’s being brave. Donovan thinks internally. Truly Derg is the more level headed out of the pair of alphas. He can definitely he frightening when he wants to though.

So Donovan shakes his head. “Kid shouldn’t shouldn’t have snapped at you, but you also didn’t have to shake him.” He hums neutrally to Nyra. “Derg I would be too hard on her yet. Let’s go have a little talk with them before punishment.” It’s not an order, just a suggestion. Derg is his counterpart, equal, he can do what he wants if he believes it right. To an extent of course.
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
Leigh was known for her worse than terrible timing, but she never thought it'd be this bad so quickly. Wandering around the territory, just doing her own thing, spacing out like an idiot and watching grass grow, she barely caught the sight of a pale flash before she noticed a few other pack members following the figure.

Too curious for her own good.

Trotting over, the wolves became clearer and appeared more familiar. She definitely recognized Derg, as he had greeted her during Donovan's little introduction meeting. The others she couldn't quite pinpoint. She still hadn't socialized as much as she had hoped with the others, and felt a bit bad considering she may have forgotten their names, that is, if they gave them to her.

The dark-furred female remained at a distance, her sharp ears turning inwards as she silently listened to the conversation. Nyra, the injured woman, could barely speak. Leigh was eager to know what happened and soon found out as the others pitched in.

She did what!? Ragdolling another wolf was one thing, but a child? And considering Nyra's size, the poor thing probably flew across the map before landing like a fucking meteor. Even if the kid was a brat, that wasn't his fault. If anything, Leigh wanted to have a talk with the pup's parents. Now they were the ones at fault. Perhaps they were young parents but regardless, you shouldn't have children of your own if you still are one yourself.

But... The white she-wolf was nearly dead. If she had met the Ursus wolves to apologize, and if she truly had done so correctly, it was on them for not accepting it.

I hate wolves. Dumber than rocks I swear.

The other comments weren't necessary, however. It was true that in some packs Nyra would have been killed if she hadn't already died from her wounds. Leigh was born in one of those packs. But that didn't make it right. Surely a civil talk with Ursus would solve things. Maybe. Hopefully. Okay, probably not. Nope. Throw that idea in the garbage.

It was then she heard a familiar voice. Donovan.

At first, she agreed with his words. Then she didn't.

Punishment. Seriously? It was true that the wolves ganged up on a single wolf but it was only after a child had been thrown across the dirt. If it were her own child, Leigh would have... but... no. Leigh wasn't a mother anymore, and she did not fight for her family. Anything she thought or said now would be hypocritical.

The she-wolf wanted to speak. Speak up. Speak her mind and fucking scream at them all for thinking this way. But she refused to do so. She only just joined the Saints and she wouldn't ruin her friendships within a week.

Leigh only allowed a mere 'huff' to escape her lips before turning to leave. A wayfarer she was, one who walks on foot. Only fitting that she'd simply walk away.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
She certainly wasn't taking him seriously.
Maybe it was the adrenaline, maybe the resignation of fear.
He could feel his body readily rise up to the challenge.
Blood cooling, skin shivering as his hackles rose.

But them being on the same level? Yeah fucking right. Nyra could only dream of the things he'd done.
And thinks he's fucking scared? He almost laughed. Rather, his gaze tilted up to Donovan with a bemused smirk, then Renard. None of them have seen him at his worst yet.
And all she could do was a body slam, eh?

What a child.

He left her body, taking Kynareth's advice. Yeah, they should see Ursus first, let her heal.
His hackles smoothed as he noticed Leigh leaving. Poor lass.
He met them all with stony silence, that smirk replaced by a perpetual frown. He just watched Nyra.
|  •  •  |
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra watched him coolly as he tensed. Then he took Donovan's advice and walked away.

Smart of him, in her opinion.

Lying here half dead, she had a lot of nerve being that mouthy - though she refused to acknowledge it. Refuse. Refuse. Refuse. 

She already knew she fucked up, and thus was defensive and bitchy. She didn't need everyone under the sun telling her about it. 

For now all she could do is brace for the impact of the aftermath. With a soft snort, she shakily got to her paws and began limping to her den. She needed to rest. To sleep.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
The brindled male flicks his gaze to all that are in the immediate area. Derg’s borderline manic grin in his direction causes him to smirk too. Then something moving catches his eye, their newest member, Leigh. He almost chuckles at her horrible timing. Yet he doesn’t.

So he watches as Derg steps away and Nyra’s stands and begins to limp away to her little den to suffer in silence. He’ll send a medic to her, she definitely needs it. 

His gaze meets Derg. “This isn’t good, peaches.” He warns to the Overseer, smile nonexistent. “Let’s head to Ursus in the morning yes?”
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He watched at she rose. His chin high and ready to bear down on her should she spit any more childish comments.
But she seemed to know enough now to keep that little mouth shut.
A toddler tantrum.

They watcher her move off to her den. Good. She could fester and stew for a bit until Dove came along. He hoped Valour was doing ok...he'd failed to check in on the youth so far. Another task he must attend to; never begrudgingly though.
"Certainly," he mused. They needed to clear this shit up before Ursus was hunting them too. A feat they surely would have to relocate from.
|  •  •  |