Silverlight Terrace Do I look fat in this dress?
All Welcome  September 08, 2020, 09:41 PM
Toad Amelia
Moonspear
Kappa
Anyone - Tags for reference

@Sialuk had woken her with a pleasant howl that morning — such had been the norm for many days, and Toad was growing used to the bugle rise. She'd always been more of a morning person anyway. It gave her some pleasure to know that at least one other person had an appreciation for the sunrise and cool air, even a small girl.

Toad had decided to descend the mountain the evening before. Her date with @Bronco had left her feeling good, but... old. She was starting to realize that many of the people of Moonspear were younger than she was, sometimes by a lot. Even Hydra and her sisters, accomplished and fierce, were at least a year younger than she.

Though Toad didn't feel the aches in her joints or feel as though she was slowing down in any way, part of her was beginning to feel much of her life had been wasted waiting around for things to happen. She knew that this wasn't really a bad thing. Her family relationships were quite positive and she had been fortunate enough to be able to come to the Teekon Wilds on her own to explore and find a new pack.

She was on her back on the rolling grassy hills of the Terrace. She hummed a song with no real tune or destination, thinking of @Meerkat and her brother, wondering if she had ventured on her own too late. The sun felt nice on her belly.

Moonspear members can powerplay Toad for whatever they'd like barring injury, just tag her!
September 11, 2020, 02:42 PM
Tahoe
Lone Wolves

Tag for reference, intended to be backdated a bit. Hope this works! :D

Tahoe’s afternoon at the beach had done wonders for him. @Memphis had left him rather abruptly—he didn’t think about pursuing the man further. Their brief conversation had lingered in his head, but he had shaken it away with ease. Instead, he had spent the day sunbathing and blissfully relaxing. The ceaseless clamor of the ocean served as almost a lullaby to him. Tahoe found himself drifting off, only realizing he had slept the entirety of the night after being gently roused by the new dawn’s rays. Releasing a groggy yawn, the man arose from his position and meandered toward the waterline. Even though he had first seen it the day prior, the sea never failed to captivate him. The roaring plain of water was formidably endless, yet alluring. The general character of the place seemed to put him at ease. A stunning, rosy, ocean sunrise was a calming way to start the day. Tahoe dawdled upon the shoreline for few moments before saying his goodbyes to the waters. Reinvigorated, he embarked inland.

The sands beneath him quickly faded into tall grasses, which licked at his windblown fur as he ambled through. He traveled throughout the whole morning—the sea was far behind now. Its imprint was still evident on him though, in the form of sand which was still glued to his undersides. Some of these granules were eventually replaced by various scraps of vegetation as the landscape had become thick with trees and undergrowth—eventually surrendering to lush rolling grassland once again. The sun beat down on his spine as he continued to walk. Tahoe slackened his jaw, his tongue lolling as he panted. Out of the blue, a soft, disembodied melody made his ears prick forth, maw closing as he listened. The sound was a carefree hum, the singer’s voice close-by and feminine. His yellow eyes scanned the grassy hills in search for whoever was idling nearby. Finally, he located the woman downhill. She was supine, singing a sweet song to herself while lounging in the embrace of the afternoon sunshine. McBride was curiously nonplussed, his head tilted slightly as he observed her. She was still slightly too far for him to identify her, so remained there—standing and studying her simply—waiting to see if the woman would eventually turn and notice him.

Thunderheads were forming, but I thought I could fly.
September 15, 2020, 09:34 PM
Toad Amelia
Moonspear
Kappa
That works!

Oddly, she began to feel the sensation of being watched. A person had once told her that this phenomenon was a remnant of when wolven ancestors were the prey of larger, more ferocious beasts. Toad had wondered what such creatures would be like and how big they must have been. Where would they have gone? Her mind distracted itself with such broken storylines as her humming ceased.

She rolled over and stretched herself on her side, toes spreading like goofy talons. As Toad lifted her head, she saw the source of her mild unease a fair distance away. Her tail flopped twice.

She didn't recognize him, but didn't hesitate in standing and shaking out her stiffness. Afternoon, Toad called, her tail wagging softly behind her. He looked rather hardened — she could see a tear in one of his ears even at a distance.

Moonspear members can powerplay Toad for whatever they'd like barring injury, just tag her!
September 16, 2020, 02:30 AM
Tahoe
Lone Wolves

He watched as she rolled, eyeing him before getting to her feet. Tahoe could see her better now. She was blanketed in a mixture of mousy and deep brown tones which stood out against her pale undersides. He thought she was similar in appearance to the man he had met at the beach—perhaps they were related. Then again, most wolves he had encountered were all vaguely similar in pattern. At this point in his life, he didn't bother.

Her song had ended now, she then went on to acknowledge him with a simple "Afternoon." She seemed cordial, which he felt was rather refreshing when compared to some of the folks he alas had come across. He'd give a bit of conversation a shot. Why not?

Afternoon. Came his reply, followed by a courteous dip of his head. Enjoyin' yourself? I woulda joined you, but I've already got enough dirt hangin' onto me already.

Thunderheads were forming, but I thought I could fly.