I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
All Welcome 
@Ira
backdated to 8/22 and set directly after this thread
anyone else welcome too

She was grateful that Kaistleoki wasn't too far from their forest because she was not at all ready to leave the safety of their territory yet—a fact that hit her with sickening force once she was far enough away that she couldn't sent her packmates anymore. Her heart had raced and her chest had tightened and she had to fight the urge to constantly stop and look behind her as if she was being followed. But she refused to stop; she knew if she did, she might turn and run back to the forest before she realized what she was doing. Instead, she pushed herself forward and tried to let the exertion numb her mind. 

She slowed to a stop just outside the river pack's borders, her shoulders heaving as she panted. She allowed herself only a few moments to catch her breath before she sent out a call for the leader or whoever was close, either would be fine.
Inuttuk
Common
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
oop note to self Ira had a week left of healing from the lightning at that point

The Count was slowly and steadily making her way back to her paws. The aching and pain she experienced initially had dwindled down to a minimum thanks to her Chamberlain, though she couldn't help but feel bad. Ira knew she was never a burden to Speedy, but it was starting to feel like she shared a den with her with how often she required her expertise these days and the healer had a family of her own to look after as well. At the very least, this time around she seemed to be going through a quick healing process.

The river current was still too rushed for her to feel comfortable risking a drink in her current state so she made do with what she had. Luckily all the rain left some options. The roan woman had just finished lapping at a pool of water when the call rang drawing her attention out of her cloud of thoughts. It wasn't a voice she knew, yet something about it still seemed familiar, enough so to peak her interest instead of leaving the call for another.

As Ira approached the borders she was able to make out the figure of a woman who she soon recognized from their little meeting with Donovan. Unfortunately, she couldn't quite recall her name, nor if she ever received it in the first place. Ah, you are one of Hua's allies, yes? Out of the groups present, Neverwinter had been the last addition to her knowledge giving her less time to grow familiar with one of their supposed neighbors. Nevertheless, they were on Kaistleoki's good side and someone she trusted in terms of morals with her limited knowledge. What brings you to Kaistleoki? Hopefully something good, Ira really didn't want to worry about the Saints right now should they be the reason for the other's presence.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
It didn't take long for one of the Kaistleoki wolves to arrive at the border where she waited. She recognized the woman from the confrontation with Donovan, knew she was one of the leaders here but didn't remember her name. There had been too much going on inside her head that day to be able to remember those kind of details. Still, she was glad it was a familiar face that greeted her.

She dipped her head at the other woman's first question. Yes, she answered first. I am Simmik, Beta of Neverwinter Forest. To the other leader's next question, she drew in a long breath, worry wrinkling her forehead. I'm afraid I'm here, searching for one of our pups, Simmik explained. His name is Asmoses; he's light grey with speckles. His mother thinks he may have been missing as long as a week. She watched the other woman when she finished speaking, hoping to see some hint of recognition in her expression. I was hoping I might find him here or information that might help us find him. Their packs weren't that far apart, he could have easily made it here, and Simmik hoped that was the case.
Inuttuk
Common
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Simmik, Beta. That must mean the male she traveled with before was their Alpha. How strange that only she was sent this time, though the reason for that would soon be shared. Worry was quick to fill the snowy woman's features causing Ira's own brows to furrow. She explained the absence of a pup, Asmoses was his name. One, unfortunately, she did not recognize.

A frown tugged at the corners of her lips as Ira shook her head. I have heard nothing of him. We did take in a stray pup, not much of a talker, though his pelt is dark, not light grey with speckles. While that boy's family was still a mystery, he didn't check off any of the points the other was searching for. Not to mention he smelled like a lone wolf when Orlaith found him. Was there a reason for him to leave?
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Disappointment was clear on her face when she learned that the Kaistleoki leader had not seen their missing pup. It had been the most likely answer, but she had still held onto a small amount of hope that maybe he was here, and she could just bring him home and make things a little better for Mal. 

She sighed and shook her head solemnly. I don't really think there was a reason, she explained. My guess is he just got curious and wandered too far on his own. I just hope he's okay. She knew the kind of monsters that lived out in the world; they wouldn't hesitate to hurt him. 

Will you keep any eye out for him? she asked. Pass the info around to your pack in case the see or hear anything? It was the most she could do now that she confirmed he wasn't here.
Inuttuk
Common
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count could only hum a silent response. She did not know her pack well or where their pup might have wandered, but it's true they can be fairly adventurous. Her own litter had been quite the handful this year. Perhaps it was too idealistic to think that he would wander right back. Of course, I'll see if any scouts are willing to take a look around nearby territories. There wasn't much else Ira could offer for the other, but keeping an eye out took no extra effort and it was for a good cause.

On the topic of pups... you don't happen to know anyone else with a missing child, do you? I haven't gotten a name or direction out of the boy we found. I'm not sure where to even begin looking for his family. Unless he didn't have one... it would explain why he didn't speak and perhaps why he was so temperamental.  He was just old enough to last on his own, at least until they found him, but it meant that there was the possibility of his family passing...
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Thank you, Simmik offered. They would at least have more eyes out there looking; anything helped at this point. 

She thought over the other woman's question a few moments before shaking her head. I have not heard of anyone coming by, looking for missing pups, she answered with a disappointed tilt to her lips. What do they look like in case I do run into someone looking for missing children. You never know who you might run into while traveling or who might turn up on their borders.
Inuttuk
Common
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Unfortunately it seemed the Beta was also a dead-end for the Count. She could only hold back her sigh as she nodded. Raising the boy herself was beginning to become more and more likely, not that she particularly minded, but someone out there was probably looking for their boy. She didn't even know his name. He's dark brown with a lighter saddle. Red eyes. Again though, he doesn't speak so if someone asks for a name I'm afraid I can't provide that.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
If I run across anyone looking for a pup that matches that description, I'll send them your way, Simmik promised. She released a long sigh. I should be headed back now to let my pack know I didn't find him here. She knew Miriam would be worried. Thank you, Ira. 

She waited to hear what Ira had to say in return and then turned and headed back to the forest. 

feel free to reply or archive <3
Inuttuk
Common
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
While it had been dead ends for both, at least they had the opportunity to spread their search. As Simmik thanked her, Ira simply nodded her head before offering her own, And to you as well. May our searches come to a quick close. The Count would wait for the other to disappear on the horizon before turning to return to her own activities as well.