Hushed Willows I Will Not Ask You Where You Came From
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Private 
Sorry that this is sort of vague and odd, I didn't want to pp Lumya's location too much <3

There were flowers in Dante's belly. He'd felt them the moment their seeds had started to take root, just as he'd layed eyes upon her. He could feel them sprout when the time came, their delicate shoots winding up his throat, creeping over his tongue and leaving him with flowers budded in his mouth. Wildflowers, big and bright and clumsy and beautiful -sometimes- overflowing from his maw each time he spoke to her. Every word was laced with petals- Dante thought sometimes that they must've been the color of her eyes. He'd relinqushed control to them when they'd found their way to Dante's lungs, every breath he took tasting like pollen and the promise of something lovely. There were days where they made him feel alive, when he could pull his busy darling away from work for a drawled out moment and feel their petals reaching towards her incomparable light. There were worse days of course, when she was away or lost enough in her worries tha not even Dante could tear her from her trials- they grew thorns, those days. But regardless of whether the blooms that had hijacked his system were a blessing or a curse, there was no denying it. He had flowers in belly and hs lungs and trapped behind his skull, and he'd begun to feel perhaps that that was what love felt like. 

He wasn't sure anybody had made him feel so loved, before. 

There was something about the way @Lumiya spoke to him that had him thinking perhaps she had her own flowers as well- the day he'd realized it had been one of the most exhilarating of his short existence. So, it wasn't hard that bright morning to make the decision to tell her just that, the young man seeking out his partner on quick, giddy feet as he trotted through the willows. When he did finally find the wisp in one of her resting spots, a warm chuff of greeting escaped his throat apart from his own volition, the florets within him basking in the sunbeam that was her presence. Without hesitance, Dante was approaching and bowling into her -gently as he could, that was- giggling and grinning wildly as he tumbled softly into the silver woman. Lumiiiii... he breathed out, settling his body close to hers and trying to steal a glance at her expression from where he was. The corners of his mouth pulled up in an exuberant flash of teeth (and petals) as he awaited her reply. Gods she was bewitching- what had he ever done to deserve her?

Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
short because headache but wanted to get a reply out to you <3

Things seemed quiet around the forest. After the eventful summer, the small queen could appreciate the moments where nothing much happened at all. The colorful shrooms that new grew from the soggy grounds of Hushed Willows were a welcome addition, though she worried for winter. Not many had stopped by to join them, and their band was smaller than it used to be. The emptiness left behind by Orlaith was still felt, and she couldn't stop thinking about how she were to move onward. She needed someone to help her, to stand by her and lift some weight off her bony shoulders.

If Donovan had turned, perhaps she would've offered him the role of a prince - he was strong and, despite some wrong ideas, seemed well-versed and nearly intelligent. He wasn't the brute she once thought he was, though she felt almost inclined to hate him after all he'd done to their once peaceful realm. It seemed she wasn't capable of harboring such a negative emotion, or perhaps the man was just better than he seemed at first glance.

She relied on Dante now to keep herself steady and at peace - she almost felt bad for it. Who was to say he actually liked being her voice of reason, her rock to cling to when the waves threatened to topple her? Then again, the warm smile he gave her each and every time they were together would be hard to fake, and he actively sought her out. The bond they shared was undeniable - though she feared she needed him more than he needed her.

Lumiya was inspecting a new magik circle of mushrooms when the sound of hurrying footsteps were heard in the distance. Whoever it was was quicker than she'd thought and before she knew it she was - ever so gently - brought to the floor. His damp scent, accent and complexion had already revealed who it was that dared topple over a queen. Dante! She laughed, wanting to scold but not being able to.

Then she realized something. She got up in a hurry with a worried frown, now inspecting a crushed little mushroom - in pieces, some stuck to her fur. Oh goodness - look what our silliness did to this poor guy... She pouted, hoping to be forgiven by whatever spirit had inhabited it.
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
sorry for the wait! hope this is okay :))

The sprite's voice rang in his ears like the sweetest of melodies, Dante pouting only slightly as she sat back up, sparing a glance at the poor fungi they'd managed to decapitate only briefly- his mind too entangled up in the hold of flowering vines to give much attention to anything else but Lumiya herself.

The young man was not so quick to get up though, taking his time to gaze up at the wisp from his spot on the forest floor after having assured that he wasn't crushing anymore precious flora. Dante blinked lazily up at the girl, a smile spreading across his face slow and sappy as molasses. His eyes studied her delicate features as they often did, trailing the light hairs that ticked about her eyes and the crease of her brow, which always seemed to straddle the oxymoron that was gentleness and firmness at once. Everything about the woman was just... She was just...

You're so stunning, he huffed out in a breath, a slightly bubbly laugh following it up. In a flash the boy was on his feet and stumbling off as quickly as he had arrived, throwing his head back to call out C'mon then, love! A bright wink accompanied his effervescent voice. We've places to be!

483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The sprite did not notice his lingering gaze - not that she minded. She got those odd looks often, but his seemed different. It didn't seem that only the beauty on the outside intrigued him - it was more so that he looked through all that, into her soul. That was a bigger compliment than the most beautiful poem written about her exterior.

She blushed slowly 'neath her greyscale fur, shooting him a quick smile. She stuck out her tongue teasingly, then returned to the fallen forest shroom briefly. The scattering of paws brought her attention back to her... friend? Companion? Partner? Lover? Her brows raised in surprise, hurrying after him despite not knowing where he was going. Places? What kind of places? She asked seriously. Did I miss a scheduled meeting? I do apologize if I'm late. She replied diplomatically.
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Dante's only response to the wisp's inquiry was a bubbling laugh, carried by the wind backwards towards the young woman in quick pursuit of him. As it often did, his heart guided the boy to exactly where it should've, a familiar willow coming into view as the mouse slowed his pace. The tree was anassuming, any to any other would merely seem an unrearkable willow in a forest of many. To Dante, though, the drooping tree was a reminder of quiet nights of curiosity and adoration, of the first time he'd heard his love's song, and the first time he'd held her as she cried. It was something to be cherished and shared, as he was here to do now. 

Tossing a fond look over his shoulder at Lumiya, Dante passed under the boughs of the tree, their gentle leaves dragging at the fur on his spine and grounding him in reality a bit more. His heart rabbitted hard in his chest, but the young man found that when he observed the feling closely it wasn't fear but rather... anticipation, excitement. Assuming the young woman had followed him under the shade of the willow, the young man drew a great breath then, certain of his purpose and willing to accept the consequences of his words. Lumiya, Dante began, swiveling slowly to face where he thought the woman must be, eyes shut stubbornly and the barest notion of a smile touching his lips , I think you might have stolen my heart.

483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Perhaps her punctuality was a laughing matter to the mousy boy, but Lumiya took pride in watching the time and arriving early when her presence was required. Her senses told her she had not missed such an occasion, but rather, Dante wanted to show her something - or somewhere. She supposed she'd simply have to follow him to find out - what she didn't expect was for him to take her to their secret, unassuming spot in the forest.

She looked around, wondering if he might've prepared something - seeing as he was in such a rush to get here with her. But no, their spot under the willow was still as usual, save for the few mushrooms that had found their new home around here as well. She was just about to ask just exactly what they were doing here, but Dante was quicker with his words. Her heart skipped a beat as she looked at the young man pursuing her, of all girls. She felt her cheeks warm up.

She took a moment to gather herself, looking away to say; I believe I've grown rather fond of you as well...
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Spree 
An airy laughe scaled the young man's lips as he watched Lumiya turn her face away, his expression gentling to something more fragile than the bright nerves and showy exhilaration that had previously consumed his features. Yeah..? Dante breathed out, the quiet stretching between the pair for a delicate moment. It wasn't necessarily that he was surprised- Lumiya, though she wore a hefty suit of armor 'round her heart, had managed to let Dante in with a vulnerability that was ever-so-precious; how could he not have had an idea that she might care for him? Still, the admission struck him dumb when he considered the reality of it; how had he gotten so brilliantly lucky?

Clearing his throat and interrupting the long pause he'd allowed to grow, the mouse adopted a fond grin and continued well, I'd call you a fool for it, but I think your judgement tends to be a bit better than mine, doesn't it? A chuckle followed his words, the glimmer in his eye a product of some sweet concoction of satisfaction and elation. What do you say if we... well we ought to, I don't know... Dunno I just mean- like, what if we- shouldn't we do something about that? He babbled softly, flinching at his own clumsiness for a moment or two. The boy wasn't exactly sure what is was he wanted, but their connection felt so significant to Dante in every way. It was something he wanted to both swaddle in comfort and tuck away from the dangers of the world, and to wear on his sleeve for all to see, so that anyone around them might know the dedication and adoration he held. The paradox-like thought was daunting as he gazed back into the eye of his love.