Haunted Wood Ask us to glance at your schedule next week.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Pack Activity 

Célnes howled for her family, and for any who currently joined them. Though with unofficial land, she wouldn't know if her howl also attracted unwanted company. Nontheless, she urged them to come. Her back stung, and she inhaled sharply from the scratches. By now they were no longer bleeding, but the strench still hung lightly around her so.

It was the first time being officially injured since the elken woman came to this land after the fire- she was given a surprised attack. They smelled of pack, but as the group was in unfamiliar lands, she wouldn't know what pack. Any scent that clung to her was washed away by the water she bathed in as she washed the blood away. 

"This land is unsafe," the Déorwine, "we must leave today. We are unwanted and attacked- we will cross the mountains and camp once reached." Her fire-lit gaze went west, before facing the group. The plan was originally to move later, however it seemed more rushed as of now. There was no sign of the High Elk here after all, they wouldn't need to stay long.

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
39 Posts
Ooc — Vami
She had been attacked. Odessa could not decide if this was due to the High Elk's rage for what she had done or if it was just bad luck. The old woman could only assume the former and that Celnes had been cursed. Now, it would be left to the god if all of them would bear his wrath because of the new ways which their King was pushing them into. 

The old woman, having no choice in the matter if she were to see the light of another day, came to the call, snorting at the babe's words. And where was your guard? Alot good that black heathen had been.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Odessa's love for Célnes had faded. She could only shake her head at the bitter old woman who raised her, was now someone that could be against her so. She cared not of what injuries that were carried, but whether her guard was there to help so, "It matters not." She replied quickly, allowing no one else to slip in for word as the woman directly replied to the elder.

"If I was attacked for no reason- who to say someone else won't? We will be moving for safety."

16 Posts
Ooc —
Célnes howl reached his ears. And with it, the scent of stale blood reached his nose. Chad seethed silently, teeth clenched in a sneer as he stalked onwards, to her call. Creamy hackles prickling, his displeasure was clear as he made his appearance. "Unacceptable...shameful. That's what this is." He growled to himself, referring to @Germanicus's failure to fulfill his role as her guardian. A stern narrowing of his golden eyes hinted at his every intention to pull aside the non-pure one later and have a long little chat with him.

If Célnes deemed this land unsafe, as it had been made painfully clear, then he was happy to put it and the one who had attacked his King behind them. With no sign of the High Elk, this was not where they were meant to be. Drawing a heavy sigh, he cast his eyes skyward, as if he could see to the stars and perhaps search the heavens for their God. "So be it then." He rumbled, looking to those gathered. "I will scout ahead for the safest route onwards." A lingering glance invited a second body to join him, but he wouldn't wait up for long.
"Cinnamon or Butterscotch?"
37 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Cynefrid slowly emerged from the foliage with an array of herbs being carried in her maw; some she knew well and used before, and others that were yet to be identified. The howl of her King was clear as day, but the scent of blood is what really caught the fawn's attention more than anything. Célnes had been injured — attacked — but by who?

The two who'd arrived before Cyne, Miss Odessa and Chad, did not look very amused at all. Assumably from all the tension within the last pack meeting. Cynefrid did not really have a problem with any this of course; for she did not believe that their newcomers should be shunned for something they could not help. Whatever curse they were born with was brought on by the previous generation and Cynefrid believed it was Kingslend's natural duty to provide guidance to them — this way, their children did not meet the same faith. Yet it seemed like most of the pack despised such an idea, which was an understandable reaction to change that Cenric and Célnes had to become accustomed to.

"Let me see..." The damsel quickly trotted over to her side, ruby red hues visually scanning over her back with a grimace. If she could get the elken woman to wash off while she created a goose grass paste, it would dry the wound out a bit and slow the infection. Yet Cynefrid wanted to be given the okay to start the treatment first, so she glanced up to Célnes for an answer.
[Image: dc0nbip-5f74ddbc-0eeb-41ad-ad50-c0b42d06e3e2.png]
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"they are right to question me, célnes." germanicus appeared among them, spurned, spun, and aware of his public failures. he had made so obvious his refusal to bow to her family and their god; now he had not turned away the attack upon her person.

the soldier was no worshipper, nor would he insult the elk-following clan with such a preposterous lie. he only lingered near célnes, watching as cynefrid dashed closer in preparation for the healing arts. it was not something he understood; he glanced with barest apology toward the wounded she-wolf and was quiet.
cygnet
18 Posts
Ooc —
Away
changing up rohesia entire writng style excuse us keepin omen thread vague

rohesia was still bubbling over her findings when her cousin summoned for the family. the cygnet could only nod at odeassa's bitter enquiey, where was her so called protector? and was she suprised he'd failed? not at all. rohesia kept a flickering eye of distaste on her cousin, making sure it would creep along the skin of her person like spiky sweet gum balls on toes. rohesia's attention moved to cynefrid, being all soft and sickening as she was. 

"don't ask for permission," the woman hissed. "ask for forgiveness," she snapped, making sure that last part of her statement rolled of her tongue towards Célnes and not the other healer of their family.
Oh fishmonger, oh fishmonger
come quell your daughter's hunger!
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"It is not on you, nor' anyone," her neck craned to the guard, "I informed no one to where I was going- it was to scout for land. I went north, and it was unsafe." She could only sigh as the attention spurned into blaming Germanicus then rather the unsafe land. Cynefrid was rather quick to approach her side, and let her do as she pleased. 

Minor wounds, nothing life-threatening, but more of annoyance then anything. However the mere' act of being attacked was troublesome. Fire-lit eyes glanced toward Chad and nodded so, watching him go out and find somesort of area. She also gave a good look around to see where the rest of her family was, fully expecting @Calhoun to rush and blame it on 'shaming the High Elk.' Rohesia, perhaps would be filling that role for today.

"I forgive you."

39 Posts
Ooc — Vami
A grumble to Celnes, a snort and spat to her lack-there-of guardian. It was Celnes however who admits her foolishness for wandering off alone, without telling, without a guard. Dumb pups... She mumbles to herself, full on grumpy old lady for which she had become due to all of this mess they were in. Blast, if only she were to ever see one of her lot again... She did not know if any of the three of them had made it alive.
104 Posts
Ooc —
Calhoun had been late to arrive, something unusual for him, but with each passing meeting his interest in his Kings words faded. Of course, even if he held strong distaste for his cousins and their decisions, they were still his family and his pack. He arrived near the back of the gathering just in time to get the gist of the conversation. Célnes had been injured, attacked, and Chad voiced his interest in scouting ahead. They were moving.

For once, he kept his maw shut, his own opinions obviously known as his cousin's gaze finally met his and others had already interjected with similar thoughts. Perhaps it was the High Elk's way of showing her she wasn't as mighty as she might think just because she led. He always had a way and even if he could not directly challenge her decree, there were other ways to send a message. Célnes would learn soon enough, and so he turned to Chad, I will follow you. Perhaps I can track down the High Elk's herd.
#B22222 , pawprint, Calhoun's Playlist 5/5* 6/10*, * = incomplete threads

Cal has family members up for adoption including his half brother!
cygnet
18 Posts
Ooc —
Away
the way i change everything just for my lazy ass

no, she fucking didn't.

the first thought had come like confirmation, when you swipe that one credit card and the cashier flicks your forhead for it not going through. rohesia blinks at célnes with an awe, and broke out to crazed giggling. célnes had dared to establish herself as matriarch --- and was failing. célnes had dared to disregard their god, her everything -- and now she felt the brunt of it all. of his curse.

Célnes had taken something so intimate from her (the promise i made that promise my chance a chance) -- a chance of queendom.

"well fuck." she wisps chillily, before her incisors take off ina  desperate flight for her cousins cheek. she wanted to shave a piece of her cousins face, thought its probable she'd fail to succeed. all the same, she wants a piece of her sinner of all their bloodkith, to keep to keep to keep to remind her of her greatness.

she was gonna rock the the entire wilderness if she had too, fuck her family, and fuck everyone who told her rohesia was a pet name. the world could burn, as long as she had her god (my love) by her side.
Oh fishmonger, oh fishmonger
come quell your daughter's hunger!
37 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Speak of the devil.

Cynefrid watched as the dark-pelted male walked up to Cél's opposite side, witnessing the looks of disdain received by him and their king. She couldn't tell exactly what happened or where the sire was during Célnes' attack, though the remorse in his expression was clear and she couldn't help but feel bad about him taking all the blame. Who was to say this was all his fault? Célnes could've wandered off without a word to him. And besides, dangerous wolves might've surrounded every inch of these territories. The high elk was not present here after all.

Her scarlet orbs fell upon an approaching Rohesia and regarded her comment with worried perplexion, opening her mouth to question its meaning, then closing it back and glancing up at Célnes to realize it was really meant for her. If there was conflict between the two, the nurse had no choice but to stay out of it and allow the young girls to resolve it between themselves while she went to prepare a paste.

Though a sudden gleam of fangs in the corner of Cynefrid's eye stopped the dame in her tracks.

Ohhhhh shiiiit....

"ROHESIA, NO!" the fawn yelled frantically, attempting to sandwich herself in between the two before an actual blow landed. If she was able to that is, Cyne's intervention might've been too late....
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the soldier did not speak. he moved in accordance with the grueling education that had ground each muscle to dust and rebuilt him. as rohesia set sail for célnes, and cynefrid cried out with her own lithe body leaping forward, germanicus swung himself sidelong toward the attacking woman's entire flank.

it would be with the impact of a longshield, meant to stun, meant to knock away her jaws from the elk-woman's face. whether or not he succeeded would be left to chance; the eaglebound followed it silently with the clutch of his own hard maw, spiking toward the pretty she-wolf's nape. to hold, to bind, to keep from doing harm to the one who held his loyalty.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
There was many that hollared and yelled as the barbaric woman attacked. However her guard came forth, and with the cried of Cynefrid- she was untouched. There was two wolves blocking the King, and the trotter, would have it hard to reach her so. With a glaring eye, and head high up, she yelled.

"Stand down at once, Rohesia." She wasn't sure the extent of attacking, who had been hurt, and was only thankful for protection, "If you do not settle down, you will be dealt with. This is your last warning- from your King, and cousin."

cygnet
18 Posts
Ooc —
Away
on the behalf of my soon to be beat character i apologize for her behavior 

rohesia was doing just fine before thomas the tank engine germanicus decided to show up.

the cygnet only reached the feathery tuft of her cousin's nape before being stunned by her so-called guard. so he couldn't give a lick when his king needed him but suddenly he insisted to take part in their family affairs. well, fuck that and fuck his flaking nature. the woman wriggled wildly as she felt the clasp of unholy's maw around her nape hoping to dislocate gherself if he wouldn't. let. go.

"don't you dare touch me again you gray cuck!" the waif snaps at his eyes hopefully to shy away from her on instinct to preserve it (or maybe she'd been lucky and wended it shut) — he had definitely daubed the feather in red ink and scribbled his name on her kill list, and right at the tippy-top.

stand down at once, rohesia. if you do not settle down, you will be dealt with. this is your last warning- from your king, and cou—

"you! you are perhaps the most unholy of them all. you are most definitely not my king, and i think we're both glad to say i disown you as a cousin," molten, crumbling, searing,  "toodle-loo, bitch! and her feet-licking germ!"

skirting away form the scene, planning to escape her family until all had settled down, rohesia forges her own path along the side the group, to king elk forest.
39 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Quick last one from Odessa.

She fiery woman, as wild as the red hues in her coating would suggest, did not allow who was to be there new King live it down. She snaps off at her and the squabble between the youths went no further then this. Naturally, given her lineage, Celnes and her brother were destined for the throne though it would be left to wonder if just having royal blood would be enough. Was Celnes fit to lead? Not thus far thought of some, including Odessa's self but would she prevail? Time would tell if a challenge would be in order to place them back to the right path. For now, the woman is silent in her wonders, ready to follow the pack as directed when the time came.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Célnes ignored Rohesia.

"It is final, we will be moving." With a final glance at them all, and a thankful nod to those who protected; the King would exit. Assumingly so the gray guard would follow her so, and the band would disperse. However there was definitely matters to discuss as of later, specifically with her brother, and wounds to tend for herself.

If Cynefrid came forth, most likely the Deorwine would comfort her that it was fine, and retire to slumer.

37 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Just as quickly as Rohesia launched herself towards Célnes, Germanicus swiftly interjected before a bite could be landed (Thank goodness.) Cynefrid continued to use her stance to block off any other attacks that might come -- as feeble as that attempt might be in comparison to the actual guard -- though instead of attacking again, the reddish woman would share her displeasure of the situation and walk off. By the time their dispute was over, Célnes had already began seeing herself out as well -- oh.

The nurse at least wanted a chance to look over the injury before she left, too bad. But since everyone began disbursing then Cynefrid figured it was best to do the same. She gave one last glance; to Cel, Germ, and the path Rohesia had disappeared to with a concerned look, and left to find a place to gather more herbs.

-Exit Cynefrid-