Whitefish River Now I see fire, inside the mountain,
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Pack Activity 
orlaith is back from being missing since October 22nd!

Orlaith didn't know if @@Saraneth followed her or not, be she told the woman after the bear attack, she was returning to the pack. Not only for safety, but to warn about the bear that was terroizing nearby. It was aggressive, especially attacking an innocent wolf. After fleeing for so many days, finally did they loose sight of it.

Exhausted, a bit battered, but by now any wounds they had gained, she in particular, were now clotted by the dry blood. Her white fur filled with dirt and scarlet look, the Knight was but a dirty rat at the moment.

So she called forth the pack, while running through. To @Ira, to @Speedy, to @Aliana, to @Riley and the rest she did not know. There was a bear in the woods, and they were not friendly.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She was used to members coming and going, unfortunately, and she had assumed that Orlaith had left them. The healer still worried, though, because she never didn't worry about packmates, past or present. 

The call had her rising from where she had just settled down for a nap with her family. She looked to @Emrik, asking him to watch the children while she went to see what was going on; it was rare that the healer was summoned to the borders just to talk. Usually it was because something was wrong, and she could tell from the tone of the howl that something eas definitely wrong. 

The first thing she noticed when she arrived was that Orlaith was a mess. Concern wrinkled her brow as she noted all the blood dried to various spots on the other woman's coat. Orlaith, she said worriedly. What happened? She stepped closer. I need to look at your wounds and clean them. They were caked with dry blood and infection would set in soon if left that way.
11 Posts
Ooc — Fae
Saraneth was unsure why she had decided to follow this foolishly brave individual home. Perhaps she was simply worried over the injuries that the other had occured in her defence, or perhaps it was the comradery of chasing off such a strong being such as a bear. or... 

Fear. 

She hated to admit that part, but it hung onto her heart like skunk spray. The crazed beast was out there and before it was dealt with she had to admit there was strength in numbers. Though the thought of pack life and all these eyes on her made the large shewolf uncomfortable.

The dark pelted girl tried to make herself as inconspicuous as possible. She would help deal with the threat and be off. There was no reason to linger longer than she had to. 

But by the stars was she weak. The months of travel and now batted, bruised, and bleeding under her dark fur from the fight -- Saraneth was barely on her paws. With not much else to do, and not wishing to draw more attention, Saraneth slipped off to a quiet place and curled around herself the best her wounds and tired limbs would let her.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"There was a bear," she gasped through the tiredness, and could not help but break down onto her legs. Though she could not falter yet, especially when finally, the stranger came and helped her so. At the moment her olives could not see them, but she knew she was around.

"Speedy, please tend to the woman I fled with." Through the exhaustion, she managed to verbally try to direct the medic to Saraneth- but she wasn't sure the extent of the strangers wounds as well. She could say for certainty that no bones were broken, but her back was one of the severely bruised areas, and with minor scratches all around. Already in pain from the lightning attack months ago-

this was just a horror itself.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
I’m assuming Sara is in the territory, if not, don’t be afraid to correct me.

Rising from a nap, Aliana’s stout yet sharp ears rose at the sound of the howl echoing through the territory; one that was urgent yet pained, calling to all those who bore the Kaistleoki name. She quickly climbed to her feet, loped through the woods with haste. Mind pondering at what could be happening to call upon such a meeting. Eventually, the sight was slowly revealed itself before her. In a clearing, not far from the borders, she could see an injured looking Orlaith and Speedy, the soft, copper scent of blood was in the wind.
What’s going on?

Aliana was only several strides away until the scent of another wolf, a stranger wolf, entered her nose. She paused; her mind at war with itself for a moment before setting on to bring this trespasser out into the light. Speedy was one of the best medics in Kaistleoki, Orlaith will be fine; a trespasser is a possible threat. Aliana followed after the scent, as it trailed inward and it wasn’t long before her eyes settled on the dark pelt that stood out on the yellowing grass. 

Though a small unruly part of her wanted to just seize them by the nape and pin them to the floor, she could see that they were injured. Aliana sighs, fully revealing herself if the other hadn’t already noticed her coming. 
  You know if you needed help. You could have just howled. 

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

11 Posts
Ooc — Fae
you are right :D she followed Orlaith home

Honey eyes lifted to see the shadow the blocked the light from her face. Instantly, her ears flattened, head tucked and her tail thumped nonthreateningly on the ground. 

"I--" Saraneth's voice cracked, the run left her exhausted and deathly parched, not quiet back into the habit of caring for herself. 

The large black wolf couldnt help but be lost with the situation. Suddenly confronted by a member of this unknown pack, she had lost track of her companion once they entered the pack territory and now she was at a loss for what to do. Unsure of what to say Saraneth simply stared, mouth gaped like a fish. Fear ebbed out of every inch as she lay looking up at this being who seemed to give off power and confidence with every breath. 

"I'msorry--" the words came out in a rush-- barely a whisper against the sudden expulsion of tense air from the breath she had been holding. 

This was a bad idea! 

Saraneth struggled to find her feet-- her mending paws long since reopnend and bleeding from the days of running. Her legs barely able to support herself and yet she scrambled into a sitting position. "I don't mean to intrude! I--" she cut herself off with a grunt as she stood, her hind falling out from under her as a muscle in her hip cramped. "I-- A bear. I just assumed she wanted me to follow-- I will leave, if that is your wish." Again she attempted to rise, keeping her body low as to not alert anyone to dangers she may or maynot posess. 

The dark wolf couldnt exactly be sure-- but it felt like her fur was crawling from the eyes that were on her. 

There were too many wolves. She really couldn't do this. 

Help-- Someone help--!
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
oops, looks like my turn got skipped. so the new order is orlaith, aliana, saraneth, speedy

A bear? Fear widened her eyes, and she wanted to ask so many questions. Her most pressing need, though, was to inspect her packmate's wounds and tend to them. She moved closer as if to do so, but then Orlaith's words made her pause. She looked around, seeing the form off in the distance that she hadn't noticed until just now. She looked back to Orlaith. All right, but please stay here; I don't want you moving around too much before I get a chance to look at your injuries. with a nod, she turned and trotted away towards the stranger.

In the time she had been directing Orlaith to stay put, it seemed Aliana had also joined them. The large woman appeared to be investigating the wounded stranger. Speedy picked up speed, slowing as she neared so as not to startle the unknown woman. Speedy registered her fear long before she arrived, taking in her struggles to right herself and the terrified look on her face. The healer only heard the last words and she spoke up as she came to a stop next to Aliana. No, please don't try to get up, she said gently. I just want to help you. she saw the woman's bloody paws and winced sympathetically. Turning to Aliana, she offered a reassuring smile. It's okay, she came here with Orlaith. Her packmate was only doing her job, and she was right to be on the alert, but it seemed they didn't need to be afraid of this woman. She looked back to the stranger and took a hesitant step forward, waiting for her to let Speedy know it was okay to proceed with the assessment of her wounds.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
If I got any details wrong please let me know :x sorry it took me a while to hop in

Life always had a habit of bringing about something when the waters were calm and it seemed today was no exception. The days in Kaistleoki began to mellow as everyone put in their best efforts to prepare for winter. Calls from the border were not entirely unexpected, but one from the knight commander, almost panic-driven was. Ira knew that Orlaith would not call unless something was urgent, especially for the whole of the pack, so she wasted no time traveling to the source.

By the time she arrived, Ira found that she was not the first to do so. In fact, three others were already here, though one was unfamiliar and appeared to be severely injured. Perhaps it was a good thing Speedy had beaten her since the healer was already moving to make an assessment of the situation. Orlaith? Her gold gaze moved to find her knight who was also suffering from some injuries, though admittedly hers looked less severe.

She expected the commander to fill her in without a hitch. The warrior was usually quick to the point when she summoned her, though Ira could take half a guess based on the injuries. What attacked and where? If it's close then we will have to deal with it or chase it away before food grows scarce. The last thing they needed was another predator freely crossing their borders for a free meal and perhaps make a snack out of any lingering pups. Ira might be fairly new to motherhood, but the feelings were as strong as any other mother. The thought of one of her daughters injured or worse for their curiosity killed her inside and if she could prevent a situation from arising she would.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
There was relief when Speedy went over to the other, Orlaith had confidence in herself she wouldn't simply die over this, but did not know the extent of the others injury. For herself, everything simply just seemed to hurt, terribly bruised as she was, the knight did not desire to move anytime soon. Her body now fully on the ground, with only her head moving up to face the others,

"There's a black bear that attacked that wolf," she had to pause to catch her breathe, "I tried to help but it wouldn't let us go, and chased us for days. It was by the hollow, but," her forested eyes went down, "I don't know where it is anymore." Orlaith barely remembers her pattern to escape the foe, so she doesn't have a clue where it ended, be it near the other packs, or somewhere near the mountain.

Though, perhaps it was away from Kaistleoki, or else they'd be chased.

Her gaze then went to Saraneth, if the two shared names, that was long forgotten by the fearful event they faced.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
She relaxed only for a moment once Speedy explained that the other wolf had come with Orlaith. They were a guest...but one that forewarned a danger possible coming to their borders.

Her eyes widened,   … A Bear…?  A long-forgotten hatred flared to life within her, the memory of a long-gone friend and a packmate being struck down by a crazed bear played in her mind. And the thought of another crazed bear coming to ravage another pack she was in, well, it was a plain cruel irony. It felt like any pack the bear-like wolfess joins was doomed to, ultimately, be invaded by some raving bear. Though a part of her called it nonsense, she couldn't help but see this as some sort of sign from the Gods above… Maybe even a curse.

Aliana didn’t know what to say. Was it coming now? Or was it just a possibility? Something that could happen but might not.  But the very thought sent her on edge, she wasn’t about to let someone die because of her again. If the bear does come, she WILL be there and the bear will regret ever setting foot here. Her face was that great concern.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.