Neverwinter Forest botheration
hey now, little mouse
158 Posts
Ooc — Willow
All Welcome 
Well, he loved it. Neverwinter Forest, that is. The touch of blue to the pine trees under the low light, the crisp freshness of the evergreen flora, the narrow streams that wound hither and thither through the trees. Ico had made a home here fast, though he was still a little tentative, a little anxious, feeling as if the forest was in itself a creature he had to get to know before he could be truly welcome. And sometimes he felt like there was something missing.

But he didn't let it interfere with his efforts. This evening, he was hunting a grey squirrel as it scuttled around in the undergrowth. Or, at least, he was attempting to hunt it. The petite ivory youth kept to the shadows and stayed low — but when he made his move, the squirrel fled. Botheration, Ico muttered with a sigh, watching the squirrel dart up the tree trunk and into the canopy.

Had he lost his touch?
The need to hunt became more imperatie to Yao's mind as he felt the chill growing in the air and saw the lovely, fire-like hues of some of the trees in the forest. Winter, and all of its perils, was coming. While they were full and healthy now, there was no telling what winter would bring. He, as a wolf from the southern reaches of the continent, had no real experience with the matter. If he had to admit it to someone, he was nervous as all hell. Perhaps scared.

He decided to catch something before he went to sleep, but found that his efforts were largely fruitless. He mostly ignored the smaller prey, knowing that he was too slow to successfully catch them. But that did not stop one wolf. He saw the pale fur in twilight and at first thought it was Simmik. But the build was wrong — this wolf, a male, was too slight and slender. He didn't know him. Yao approached, chuffing to announce his presence as he walked closer.You are new, he says, looking over the pale man.
CommonKiswahili
Current Location  — Neverwinter Forest
Fighting/Sparring Methods
hey now, little mouse
158 Posts
Ooc — Willow
Ico watched the squirrel for a moment longer, then sighed, but kept about his visage a look of quiet determination. He would not give up. As he turned to sniff out his next attempt, however, the young Theta saw the shadows move. He stopped and straightened up alertly, only to lower his white muzzle in a mix of automatic submission and shyness.

The stranger was tall, tough and rangy, and expressed curiously without making Ico feel like a suspicious presence. I am, sir, he replied a little hesitantly. My name's Ico. Still... still finding my way around here.
He submitted. Yao felt strange about the act. He had become used to the different hierarchies here in the Wilds — so focused on dominance and authority. Where he was from, it came purely from age. Yao supposed that he was older than the pale wolf, but didn't feel that it was that large of a gap. Haoniyao, he said. Yao is fine, he smiled gently, knowing that his name was rather long. How long have you been here? he wondered how many other new folks were here.
CommonKiswahili
hey now, little mouse
158 Posts
Ooc — Willow
Ico was pointedly grateful that Haoniyao was friendly, but it also seemed to be the Neverwinter way. They weren't exactly soft and cuddly in abundance, but they were amicable, warm, socially graceful. Ico was rather humbled to count himself among them.

Not yet a month, he responded to Yao, it perhaps being obvious by Ico's shy demeanor that he was a newcomer. What of you? You suit the Forest, if you don't mind my saying. He was keen to start learning about the history of the pack, and which wolves lay at its foundation
He counted the number of moons he had seen pass in his head. Six? he said, wondering if he had counted correctly. Lenny would perhaps know. Ah, thank you. he was flustered by it. It meant a lot to hear that, especially from a newcomer. He hoped that he did, even with his foreign accent and ways. It was hard fitting in, so far from home, but the wolves here have been welcoming.
CommonKiswahili
hey now, little mouse
158 Posts
Ooc — Willow
Six months — to young folk like Ico (and indeed Yao) that was a long time, but not so long that one might forget how welcoming the wolves had been. Ico felt welcome too, though... he didn't feel like he fit in quite yet.

His lost prey forgotten, the white wolf looked up at the darker with interest. I'd love to hear about where you're from, he requested a little timidly. The raven wolf must have a tale to tell, though it wasn't Ico's place to outright ask for it. Merely to express his honest interest.
He wanted to know about his home. Yao smiled. He liked to talk about them, luckily enough. It helped and hurt his nostalgia, but he wanted to keep them close to his mind. Mm, far sana south. All the way to another ocean shore. There are many tribes there. We all speak Kiswahili there. Very different from here. My tribe is called Kereenyaga, for the mountain that we lived by. My clan...we had another name once, but after my family members proved themselves in battle against another tribe, and our chief named us Mwashinga. You are courageous. He speaks reverently, thinking of his home and all the stories he was told by his family growing up. His babu told them best. He told all stories the best. My name means born during a fight. My mama, she gave birth to my siblings and I when we were being attacked. His mother never let him forget that. No one did, especially when he was christened with the name.
CommonKiswahili