King Elk Forest And all of the things that you're ever to do
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Private 

She wondered how her guard was faring. All the travel, across the land he prevuously knew, and especially the wolf he was looking for.. She didn't ask what had happened, as the man came back, but only to stay in the shadows. She understood, especially since the Deorwine family has not been so accepting of him so.

Perhaps pained, it was a pity they could not see the loyalties he gave, and the knowledge of this land. Célnes sought him out.

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
célnes came upon him as he was rising from sleep. he snuck it in snatches these days, knowing his place to be at the side of their clan-leader. the altercation with rohesia, however, had left a soured taste within his mouth. from marauders and other packs he might be able to ensure her safety. but from those who shared her blood? how could he halt the progress of a growing feud?

"is this land what you felt it would be?" he asked of her in his carved baritone. germanicus lifted his gaze to the shades of scarlet and gilt and firehue the trees now wore. cloaks of brightness before the pale robes of winter, which suffered him always to think of ico.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"It is." The forests she dreamed of was finally found. The herds grazed beneath their watch, and they were careful to track the movements. The streams were fresh and beautiful, and the land was abundant for the Kingslend wolves to stay. She was satisfied, but Célnes was also greedy. She wanted more beyond the forest, but could not try until they were settled down properly.

"How are you liking it?" The Deorwine said with a smile.

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"it is a well-chosen place." the prey teemed here, the waterways were clear. he had no cause to believe any others would encroach upon them, and their number grew each passing week. if he were one of them, germanicus might say this was a true blessing of the elk's love — but he was not. only her guardian.

ears twitched. "i wish to assign another member of this pack as your interim, guardian, célnes. i wish to take a journey before the snows arrive." in search of one creature alone, but he did not speak the detailing aloud. "who do you suggest?"
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
She rose a brow to his statement, "how long do you think?" there was another time he also took a trip, and returned so. She would not wish to lose him, especially the loyalty he placed within her. It was a shame to let him go, and if truthfully, the King would force him to stay- but no King is that powerful. The best she could do was offer a blessing before he would return.

"You can see there is issues between I and family- I will rely on my brother, during that time." Célnes statement was meant to be; she doesn't trust anyone else except Cenric and him.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"two weeks, perhaps," the guard answered calmly. "no more than that, and perhaps less if i find myself returning sooner." if he could not find ico, he supposed, or even a hint of where the pale boy might have gone. to her planning he gave a nod. cenric was apt and protective. "i will leave in ten days."

"how would you care to handle the reappearance of the golden woman, célnes?" germanicus inquired next, with the mien of a man folding his arms behind his back and straightening. she was his queen and contract-holder. but even for her he would part with no detail of why he meant to leave for a time. "niamh redhawk-blackthorn, regent of the firebirds." his mouth quirked in bemusment.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"I hope you find what your looking for." She wouldn't pry to what he was searching for, as curious was it was. He was a man of little words, and felt it would simply push him away if she urged too strongly. Célnes did not want to loose him so, and let him roam freely despite the families protest. 

There was plans for spring, to satisfy her family of such situations. It would simply have to wait, for when the fruit were starting to grow. 

She then had to sigh, "Ignore so- little to no interaction if possible. She thinks of us as a cult, I do not think she would visit willingly." Thinking of the regent of Firebirds who scorned them so, the Deorwine firmly believed she would not come near the forest. Especially on warning them to stay away beyond the mountain, and away from their glade. Tension so, but could peacefully co-exist if left to be.

Though sadly, one of their children eventually knocks on the door.

"There is a day to have peace, but for now let it lay to simmer." Her brother also knocked upon their doors as an apology, and for now, it would have to suffice despite the reluctance Célnes felt upon it. She had to accept it with a smile.

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
an indication of his head granted to acknowledge her words. célnes and her discretion were appreciated. "our back is to the high mountains," the soldier observed, jerking his ironstone muzzle in that direction. "they would have to advance upon us directly."

for he had scouted all around, laid a perimeter, noted their weaknesses. "the firebirds have young children. it would be foolhardy to fight kingslend. but the prideful are often foolish. i will ask your permission, célnes, to execute any of these who trespass the weir." germanicus would heed the ruler and make no quarrel, but neither would he stand aside for even idle threats.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"It would be foolish to seek us out, when they strictly told us to avoid their glade." Hypocrisy, is what she would call them if the time came to be. Fire-lit eyes glanced toward the mountain that was well high in the view, blocking their distance from the Firebirds. Perhaps a sanctuary for the two, for it wasn't a divider, perhaps their tensions would be worse, /

Célnes was visibly surprised on his words. She did not think he would be so direct on the desire of death; but at the same time it pleased her so, to have a sword so close to her side. She silently mused at the thought, "a fair warning to them before so." It was fair game, if they did not leave at the first chance. Thus, permission was granted, as her face eased back to a sly smile.

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
a fair warning. germanicus could think of a half-dozen ways that might be intepreted, and the same curve tugged at the edge of his mouth again. "very well." he strode a pace or two aside, the invitation to take her upon patrol extended, and set off along a path he meant to wear into their ground before the snow came.

"there is strife within your family," he observed. this she knew, but it had never ended. "do you fear being dethroned?" a coup moved against her, to be cast out. perhaps not slain, but germanicus knew well the way of how politics could quickly grow bloody.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"I have some plans on the matter." Her smile seemed to widen, perhaps wickedly on the thought. An already mutual agreement between her and her brother, as slowly the snake was to show herself between the two. The history of the dame' was to be ceased in the matter of days, but for the Kings, it was all about the timing.

"My only issue is amongst three," did she start to explain, following the patrol path he so chooses, "they are the most devouted amongst our family- the rest either not yet here, or dead." Surprisingly, the rest who was gathered weren't the extremes- and she should be thankful for it. If more were as devouted as the rest, surely she Célnes would not be able to have the guard by her side, nor Kiyoshi and Toshi.

"Calhoun, Odessa, and Rohesia," the three names the Deorwine hummed. Chad, Fréobearn and Ravinger were near, but she saw the three not daring to pull a coupe, especially her sister, "but per' age Odessa will not, and Calhoun proves tame with enough praise to the High Elk." They could be a worry, but not for the current days.

"Though with Rohesia? My brother and I have a method to deal with her."

Surely he remembers the cousin attacking her, and proclaiming to disown them. The elk woman, was truly not worried. It was shown within the carefree smile and her light steps, Célnes was free of stress, despite enemies being so close to home.

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
célnes spoke of plans at length. germanicus listened, but she gave no detail. this perturbed him. her faith was in cenric, but her guard had seen the dissent grow greater in their clan. that she would place all of her reliance upon the word of a man who shared her blood concerned germanicus the more that he considered it.

"i should know them," he said instead, quietly. in his mind he considered the timing of his departure, wondering if he would leave her to a coup led by cenric. she was buoyant, smiling; he was pensive, brow narrowed in one of the only emotional shows he allowed his trained features.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Do not worry about me, Germanicus." She gently brushed against his side if he did not pull away, and reassured him so. The thought of a coup already had long been destroyed by the paws of Rohesia, for surely she had died somewhere away from the forest, or by now, the body would've been found. Satisfied, she had no thoughts the rest would try.

If so, the King believed she had enough to her aid to help so.

"I will be saddened by your departure, but I do hope you will share what you shall find, yes?" A smile as so, as the Célnes was curious on where he was going.

2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
it was worry, but perhaps in a different way than the elk-woman meant. she held his contract, and germanicus had found some measure of contentment inside kingslend. her death would spell his departure, more effort spent to locate another place he might serve. 

and yet it was not all businesslike; célnes had been kind to him, acceptant where others had not. it was a kindness he intended never to forget, for she had earned his respect these past months. the brush of her pelt set him on edge with surprise; soldiers were not oft touched by their captains, if at all, but he found himself biddable to it.

"of course, célnes," he said softly. "perhaps the wintertime will bring to us more things to discuss."
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
wrap?

"Then walk with me till then." Since no secrets were to be spilled for the autumn time, she hoped his return would grant such a talk. With a silence falling upon her, Célnes offered a final walk for the two, before bidding him preparations for his trip.