Redsand Canyon Before they died, had trees to hang their hope
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Private 
Desperate....

The word still irked him. Desperate. Begging. New to this....New to leading. To talking to other leaders like a grown up. Valour had hit the point of steaming where it was time to make his move on Donovan, he'd been around long enough and done enough to feel confident he would potentially be able to swing the tiger striped man in the direction that would not only suit Valour's wants but be better off for The Saints. Ursus needed to go and with that thought strong in his mind he howled for Donovan preparing to have what could be a bad conversation if he'd misread the man. 
3/10 mastery
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth’s paws urge him forward swiftly at Valour’s beckon. Striding up to the man, a plume of red dusk behind him he halts. “You’ve called?” He asks a smile on his maw at just the sight of the agouti male.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The sight of that silly looking tail waving and the grin, Valour couldn't help it. The grumpiness faded away slowly and he returned the smile his eyes slowly raking over the man's form in a second of desire. There was no denying Donovan was a beautiful specimen of masculinity. Dragging his thoughts away from the lustful wandering he nodded "I wanted to talk about Ursus. Nyra told me a fight went down and they want her dead or something. I know a lot about Ursus... I wanted to know how much you truly know about Merrick and his mute shadow" as was his style, he came right out with it lowering his hind end to the ground to assume a more lax posture he'd hoped would put the man more at ease. 
3/10 mastery
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He’s notices the stiffness if the other ones shoulders finally disappear. He seems a bit more lax and Donovan just almost misses the wanting look he shoots the Grandmaster’s way. He offers a wave of his curly tail and a kind side eye. “I think I know some but not enough about Ursus.” He comments. “I feel as if Merrick is easier to reason with than his dull minded blackbird.“ he hums a tilt of his chin to Valour then an interested. “Tell me more if that’s where you were going with that.” He chuckles casually.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
So far so good and Valour couldn't help agreeing with Donovan on his statement but for pure saltiness he responded with "hard to reason with someone who can't speak" and then smirked because it was kind of funny before continuing "Merrick is just as likely to cause trouble if not more so. Their name is known by many and hated because of how much mindless violence they carry out. When I lead Nightwalkers they caused trouble for...for my..for a friend of mine. I went to speak with Merrick and was violently swarmed by them for no reason. Then a month later they kidnapped one of our children" it was harder than he thought to speak about an Ally in a way that would turn them into an enemy but he continued on quickly dropping his gaze and clearing his throat "They threatened Nyra. They're hated by a lot of packs. Back at Legion I said I could get us a better ally but they want Ursus wiped out. My idea? Help my personal ally and her pack wipe out Ursus...make it clear who did it, The Saints rid Teekon of evil. Earn ourselves a stronger and widely respected ally in the process" and there he left it all, hanging in the air as he watched Donovan's expression. He'd laid out the snakiest of plans, exposed himself as someone who'd been plotting against their Ally...yet he thought an appeal of a more powerful ally and getting themselves at least a somewhat better standing around the wilds might just be good enough. 
3/10 mastery
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth’s wait patiently as Valour begins speaking, he’s straight to the point it seems. Much information to give apparently. Donovan doesn’t even flint at the words, rather lazily nodded every once in a while. A pause, averts eyes, but he continues on quickly. Then finally he’s done and Donovan is smiling a positively devilish one.

“You trying to make me a hero here?” He almost laughs. “I agree with the want to kill Ursus. The second I get a hold of them I’ll chew off their fucking faces.” he growls menacingly, a spooky and more serious tone sneaking in there. “Who’s this new ally you speak of? I want to meet them.” He asks normally then.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
"I'm trying to give people a reason to respect and fear us. So we can at the least be left alone. Our kind will never be heroes" his words were flat. He'd murdered. He'd assaulted. He'd failed the only two people he'd cared for and lost the rest who he prayed were safely somewhere in Teekon. The conversation immediately went his way and he didn't do well to hide his surprise, ears perking up as the excited fire burned in his gaze once more "Their name is Moonspear.  You will meet them but you have to trust me to discuds with her first. Hydra, their alpha trusts me but is hard to impress otherwise" he paused and let the information sink in licking his lips hesitantly "She's been waiting to hear from me, I will go to her and tell her about The Saints and what Ursus is doing. I will tell her that we will work with Moonspear to take out Ursus. Then I will bring you to her because I know she will want to meet you" he understood the level of authority in his tone and flattened his ears lowering his gaze in case he was beginning to offend the man "I swore her my service before joining The Saints to take out Ursus. I like you Donovan and I think that we could become something big here, something that the other packs either respect or fear if we focus our skillset on wiping out the threats in Teekon. People would be more likely to Ally with us than chase us away. Moonspear is the first step" 
3/10 mastery
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
“You’re right.” They will never be heroes, but damn is Donovan not above acting like a good boy to get what he wants. He wants to kill Astara, he wants to steal Merrick. This will work out nicely. 

“I trust you. So therefore, I suppose I will trust the process.” His golden hues link up with Valour’s own silvermoon one’s. “But, it will have to be swift. We must be aquatinted sooner rather than later if possible. Besides that, I’m down for the plan.” He hums easily.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The agreement stung, he would have preferred Donovan to surprise him again and say that they could be heros. Then again this was a man who trusted Merrick and his raven furred mute...the one who somehow went from barely able to smack down a pup to being widely known as dangerous. "I will head to Moonspear after I get a few hours rest. It's almost two days from here and I'm going to run it" he looked at the striped man and finally broke the stoic expression, grinning and giving an excited shake of his fur. "I've wanted to rip chunks out of Merrick and his wife for a long time now. I want one of their kids snatched as bait...Eye for an eye" there was the youthful inexperience speaking, the bloodlust for battle and thirst for revenge. 
3/10 mastery
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
First Kynareth is nodding. “Yes you should get some rest befor you leave. Eat from the cache before you go as well.” Even though he gives kind words he can’t stop the malicious smirk from twisting his expression. He approves of his words. Very much so.

As Valour keeps going though, his plan to bait them through kidnapping is perfect. He even laughs at it, dangerous fangs and black-purple tongue on display. “Ohh, how exciting. Then yes, we will snatch one of their pups because why the fuck not. Spill blood if need be on the way. Oh darling, you are a smart one.” He ends with a prideful look to Valour.

Then his attitude changes horribly, where his smirk was teasing and giddy, now it is menacing. His eyes reflect the venomous bare of his teeth. “We will keep their child till the war is over.” He hums, locking eyes with him, he allows Valour a test of some sorts. “Don’t think that I won’t be willing to kill the little bastard if I need to.” He says the next words slowly, without an ounce of kindness or jest. “I do not play when a war begins. I am completely different in times of peace or slight tension. And you will see that for yourself, Valour. Everyone will.” His words are eerily serious.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The more Donovan spoke enthusiastically about the kidnapping the more he second guessed himself when remembering who Hydra was. There may be no alliance if they went that far and though each dark work stoked the inner destructive fire that burned only to cover the earth with Ursus's blood he remembered deep down that he was meant to wipe monsters from this world...not become one. "Are you prepared to compromise with Hydra and use one of Ursus's weak adults? She may not like that idea at all" in fact maybe....he wouldn't bring that up to her when going alone. Maybe he would simply tell Donovan that she'd disagreed "Their little medic perhaps. Use him as bait. His screams of pain when we set upon him should draw Ursus forth" he was still doing his best to keep that evil gleaming interest in Donovan's gaze and slowly strode forward his eyes sharpening as he leaned in toward Donovan's ear "I was a Warlord in ways Hela could only fantasize about. I am not afraid to kill every single member of Ursus and scatter their remnants at our borders for all to smell and see" his voice held his best attempt at that seductive purr he'd heard so many use and as he pulled back his expression grew more serious "Moonspear would be a very powerful ally and potentially a way to get neutrality with enemies....it may be smarter to leave the pup killing to after the war. One last fuck you" 
3/10 mastery
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Are you prepared to compromise with Hydra? Valour asks. At this Donovan shakes his head in a yes motion. The way Valour is lining this out seems so perfect and yet, Kynareth knows it won’t turn out that way. Still the way Valour steps close and whispers near his ear has him smiling and even inching closer to the other.

He pulls away and continues going on about how amazing this ally is. Are they really though? “I suppose I am willing to compromise. Isn’t that was is expected of an ally? Isn’t that what Ursus lacked?” He hums with a playful tilt of his head. “Though this Hydra must also be willing to do so. If not then they can get fucked like the rest of them.” He hums easily. “Does that sound doable?” 
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Valour considers the man before him. The sense behind the vicious madness he knew lay behind devilish eyes. Yet...Valour trusted Donovan in a way he couldn't have ever trusted Vengeance...why? Because there seemed yet to be ways he could help this man work The Saints out of the ditch they'd somehow dug themselves into...and Moonspear was one way. "You can never tell Hydra to 'get fucked' she'll probably try to eat you" this was said with a slight upturn of his lips, a simmering gleam of mirth in his eyes that showed the attitude was found to be funny despite it causing a trickle of worry. "Right now I'm focused on our safety in a long term way. Ridding ourselves of Ursus is one way on it's own and If we can get Hydra to like you and Derg enough, Moonspear is a highly respected pack around...everywhere from what I've seen. All of us want to spill Ursus's blood and when that is over you know where my loyalties lay...and my vow to Hydra will have been fulfilled" there was a deep ache within him at those words. As if he physically registered the deal that he'd signed with his tongue while lifting Gunmetal eyes to hawkish gold. For now he wanted Donovan to have faith in him, to win the man's trust so that he could further weedle his way into his head...and maybe..just maybe convince him to play nice with Hydra in a way that would hold her interest. "You must trust me...I know I'm young but I never was a child. Hydra demands respect in a way that would make Arbiter seem like a mewling pup. You must...play 'nice' for the time being if only to wipe out Ursus" 
3/10 mastery
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He quiets as Valour explains more, eyeing him as if he’s eagerly awaiting what he will say next. A smile then, the gleam of teeth and Donovan can’t help but give one back at his jest that truly isn’t much of one at all. “Oh? I might like it depending on what she looks like.” He hums suggestively, offering his own jokes up to the other with a winning, toothy smile.

Donovan just doesn’t know exactly what he’s dealing with yet. Hydra is most definitely meant to be feared. Still, he seems to trust Valour enough to comply with his words.

Though he continues with silence as Valour speaks only taking his turn when he’s completely done. “Darling, I can act, I just don’t like to.” Voice soft and confident at the same. “I’m sure you’d be surprised what I’m capable of. I’ve just been having some fun.” A wink and a smirk then, gold meeting the metallic of Valour’s own. 

He does get a bit more serious then. “When I had my previous pack we were unstoppable, ruthless.” He reminisces. “Easily three times the size of what we have now and they were trained warriors since birth. All of them. Savage, but loyal. Truly so beautiful in all of its deathly chaos. I’ve been captured, beaten, almost ripped in half so many times, and have killed many more than you probably think. I am not above doing anything if it means I will win.” He ends, a fiery determined in his eyes.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
"She's one of the only two women who I have a healthy dose of respect for" in other words he was afraid of Hydra, he knew she was strong and he'd only sparred her for a few moments before she'd been called away. One who lead such a large pack seemingly filled with loyal and strong wolves...she surely was a powerful Queen. "She's also taken. Has children...one of whom Merrick's silent wench attacked, a big part of why she's going after them" this was said with a more firm tone, Donovan would need to check that lusty impulse here and now before he tried to seduce Hydra and got them wiped out alongside Ursus. Still there was a slight warmth in his expression showing the light mood had not left him, Donovan was something else....but Valour found the man grew on him the more they spoke. Then it was the striped behemoth who changed the tone of conversation, warning Valour that he didn't know the misdeeds of his past. Silently he listened his warmth fading into a stoic and dead eyed expression "I've followed madmen before and know mindless violence solves nothing and brings one's downfall" Vengeance....slain by a little girl because he was such an arrogant and vile prick that he'd probably half assed the fight. "This isn't a competition of who's seen and done what. I've killed innocents. I've saved people who have betrayed me. Clay, my only love died and I lost my eye trying to save his corpse. My best friend has been murdered....I am not thinking about morality here Donovan. Ursus is my personal enemy and I need some way to release the shit I've been holding in. I will spill their blood however I can" meeting Donovan's fiery gaze with his own he lifted his chin and steeled his nerves every bit of what was once a Warlord rising to the surface "You want to win? Describe The Saints as mercenaries. Do not talk about what we've done. What you've done. Talk about how Ursus betrayed us and how you want to help take out a common ally. You cannot seduce her, manipulate or intimidate her...so pretend even if it disgusts you because we need them to take out Ursus and secure our safety in the long term" 
3/10 mastery
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He nods. “Oh, but it’s not mindless violence, dearest. You want to see how brilliant of an actor I am? Then let’s go.” He hums low, excited for the outcome to show itself. His tail even wags on his hips a bit. 

“But dear,” he continues, eyes gazing dangerously into Valour’s own. “I will be a good boy. I’ll do as you want — to an extent — so be frugal.” He chirps with a wink. “I want Ursus to fall, so like I said I am willing to do what I must.” 

He lifts a heavy paw to step away from valour, walking in a loose circle — pacing. “They will still know of what the Saints have done. People yap their fucking mouths.” He snaps, his smirk never diminishing. “We will, prevail though. No worries.” An ominous pause. “If we don’t, then you may leave. Run off to an allied pack. Go somewhere safe.” The Grandmaster, with an odd calmness about him, casually looks off into the distance. “The Saints will fall and they’ll come after me. They’ll kill me and so on and so on. Whatever, whatever. Sappy bullshit destiny story and all that.” He hums. He’s fucking crazy and he knows it but at this point, he doesn’t give a fuck.