Bearclaw Valley wandering child
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
Ashlar far from settled in this new home, but his trepidation was one of suspense rather than dread.  He was surrounded by strangers and could not help his fear.  He carried it with him as he stepped through the unfamiliar, fur on edge, nerves taught, posture low.  It hung about him as a shroud, clear for any to see.

New, fresh-faced, bright eyed, terrified. 

Ashlar tried to use tasks to take his mind off of things and gain more comfort, but he wasn't sure what he should do.  He settled for initially walking the borders, learning the lay of the land and his place in it.  This Forest was full of strange scents that he tried to learn - plants, prey, and packmates alike.
51 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Whats this? Someone who smelled newer then herself! Fascinating! The winter wolf with a smile of joy, and a tail high as the sky approached the wolf with such a friendly atmosphere, she immedietly introduced herself, "Hi! I'm Snowskip! Who are you? Are you new?" and of course, a barrage of questions.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar started in fright when Snowskip first bounded into the scene.  He wasn't prepared to be interrupted.  Very quickly, though, he was suffused with energy the like of which he'd never experienced, and certainly not within Ursus.  He was completely thrown and just stood there a moment, staring at her, while he slowly turned red beneath his coat.

Ahhhhh... ummm... Ashlar.  He finally got to, stammering it out.  Then he smiled, because despite being completely thrown, he liked her friendliness.  I'm new, y..yeah. 

After that he fell quiet, lapsing into semi awkward silence.  He didn't really know what else to say and her energy was intimidating.
51 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Oh yeah, where'd you come from?" She of course, always knew how to ask a million questions. If one wasn't suitable for conversation, Snowskip could always figure it out! A bundle of energy, just as her name was meant to be. 

"I'm from the Clans! That's like, super far from here." The winterfied wolf didn't share with too many as the conversation never really popped up, but every once in a while she would drop her location.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I'm f...from here.  I mean, I was b..born here.  Ashlar started in haltingly, but her cheerful demeanor was succeeding at putting him at ease.  As he relaxed, his voice quietly smoothed.  M..my parents moved, and we lived in a forest with other family.  But I left to come back.

He did not feel as though his story was very interesting, but hers did.  What's a clan? He asked, looking at her with a slightly nervous smile peeking through.
51 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"You're pretty cute!" It somewhat just slipped- finding his stuttering and rather submissive behavior a more sweet-like gesture. She couldn't also deny her somewhat love for darker wolves, especially since majority of her family was blinding light colors, she developed a thing for the opposite coating.

"Oh the Clans are like the packs, but our structure is a bit different! We have the Major as our leader, then the Deputy- and everyone is a warrior except for the single medic. We only have one coz' they can communicate with Starclan." Snowskip understood that the 'Packs' were quite different then what she was used to, as the Clans. Though Ursus was the only 'pack' she knew of, and didn't know about the general greek system. She thought they all were like Ursus.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh.  Oh.  Ashlar did not know what to do with that.  As his smile grew wider, he looked down again.  T..thanks.  So are you?  He left a question on the end, which was not the most flattering of things.  That was the polite way to respond to such a thing, though, wasn't it?  Unless she didn't want to be considered cute, in which case he might have just offended her.  Ashlar's ears tilted back uncertainly, but he couldn't worry too much before getting the answer to his question.

That sounded extremely strange.  His mother had told him all about the stars, though, so Ashlar brightened at the mention of StarClan.  My mama said that the stars could talk.  She used to show me the pictures and how they tell us where to go.  He was too excited to remember that a wolf his age probably didn't use the term 'mama', and he was too excited to pause to stutter.  He hadn't expected anyone here to know about the stars like that.
51 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She was smiling idly at the compliment, finding the man with a sutter just amusing and cute. He was shy it seemed, definitely seemed a bit out to be well, a Ursus wolf. Though Snowskip doesn't know the full extent of what a real Ursus wolf was, with their maddening ways; she simply saw them all as social bear-lovers.

"Oh yeah? My mom says the same thing!" Snowskip didn't mind his terms, because she too, would sometimes switch to 'mama' and 'mom,' "though I could not communicate with them. When I begged the medic he would always just say it was between him and the stars." So she complained.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
My baba is a medic!! Ashlar injected with outright enthusiasm.  Then he blushed and lowered his eyes apologetically.  B..but he doesn't talk to them.  He only was a healer, and one of the smartest wolves Ashlar knew.  He did not wish to become one, but he respected them immensely because he'd seen how hard baba worked to learn and to help others.

That seems kind of funny though.  I d..didn't think stars had secrets.  He smiled shyly.  What kind of secrets would stars tell if they did?  Maybe because they were up there and saw everything, they needed to be careful who they shared this everything with.

They talked a while longer, and Ashlar found himself set at ease by her friendliness.  Maybe this pack would be a more friendly place than he'd judged!  He was ashamed he'd thought less of it.
WC: 107