The Heartwood I don't feel the rain or the sun
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik also couldn't sleep, but for more troubling reasons. Sleep wasn't something she got much of anymore. If she did manage to fall asleep, it was only for a few hours and then she would wake again, usually from a nightmare. Tonight had been no different. She had woken from the same nightmare—his face, those creepy woods, the smell of her own blood trickling down her face. She woke with a racing heart and the familiar feeling of bile in the back of her throat and all she could think was how fucking tired she was of this. 

The frustration and anxiety wasn't soothed by a patrol or a run, and eventually she sprinted from the forest. She pushed her muscles to go faster until the burned—she liked the feeling; it was something different from her usual. She ran until her lungs could no longer suck in enough air to keep her going, and she slowed to a stop along the edge of forest she wasn't sure she had explored before. 

She stopped and caught her breath, looking around for anything suspicious. As she began to make her way between the trees, her heart started to race in her chest. This reminded her too much of that night. She swallowed against the nausea, about to turn and run back towards home when a very familiar scent smacked her in the face. Donovan. What the hell was he doing this close to her forest? Spying again, she was sure of it. He was such a liar, and time after time, she had believed him. Anger swelled in her chest more intense than ever before, and instead of leaving, she started to track him down. 

When she saw the striped pattern of his coat in a beam of moonlight, a knot formed in her stomach and all she could think was that she wanted to bite him—and not in a good way. She wanted to hurt him like he had hurt her, and she wanted to feel like she wasn't weak. She sprinted forward, picking up speed as she drew closer. No matter what he did or said, she launched herself at him, sailing through the air, hoping to slam into him and sink her teeth into his stupid neck.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 02:42 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 03:02 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 03:17 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 03:42 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 04:29 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 04:54 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 05:25 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 05:47 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 06:18 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 06:57 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 11:53 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 01:38 PM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 16, 2020, 02:09 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 21, 2020, 12:31 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 22, 2020, 08:21 PM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 23, 2020, 02:06 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 24, 2020, 02:42 PM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 24, 2020, 11:04 PM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 26, 2020, 12:35 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 26, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 27, 2020, 03:59 PM