Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Limit Two 
She has a sprained "wrist" and a bruised rib.

Sialuk had been born and raised on a mountain, and yet somehow, she had managed to keep herself mostly on her feet.

Until today.

She hadn't been doing anything particularly out of the ordinary this afternoon, but a sound had distracted her at just the wrong moment mid-step, and soon she found herself tumbling head over heels over head over heels over...

When she woke, it was dark out, her head was smarting, and her left front "wrist" was positively not right. Moaning, Sialuk attempted to shift herself onto her feet, only to put too much pressure on her foot. That caused her to gasp with pain, and she whimpered softly, falling back to the earth. The quarter moon hung overhead, and she stared at it for a moment. She didn't dare try and get up again, but she could call for help, so that was exactly what she did.

The raindrop took in the deepest breath she could (also noting that even that was uncomfortable) and howled for anybody in the vicinity to come help her. There was some amount of panic in her voice as she did so. What if they couldn't find her? What if they couldn't hear her? What if she couldn't move from this place even if they did find her? She bit her lip and howled again, repeating her howl every few minutes and hoping for the best.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sialuk need not wait for very long. The sound of alarm was all it took for Hydra to move to meet the girl, though upon finding her it did not look as though anything were wrong from a distance. Blessedly, there was none accosting her or having trespassed. She wonder what, then, was the reason for her nieces panic and was quick to arrive to her side, inspecting the cub closely. The scent of her blood was present, but not so much to cause Hydra to prepare for the worst. She tilted her head back and called for @Kukutux or else @Lyra who knew better on how to treat such things as this. Even the smallest cuts could bring infection. 

Settling alongside her, Hydra thought she could imagine what had happened simply from the sight of her. The mountain could be as cruel a teacher as Hydra herself, and was equally as unforgiving. Moving to tend to the scrapes that bled with all the gentleness she could muster, Hydra asked softly, can you move?
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Still open to one other!

It was not her mother who greeted her, but Hydra. Ajaukuluk, she breathed at the sight of her dear aunt after ceasing her voice mid-howl. Sialuk winced away when Hydra moved in to tend to her wounds. She wanted anaa. I tried, but it hurts. Where is anaa? she asked with ugency, craning her neck to see if her mother was coming down the mountain to help. There was no sign of her, and Sialuk became frantic, her voice hoarse from howling.

I want ANAA! she screeched: half-whine, half yell. She was still scared, still in pain, and Hydra, close as she was, was not her mother. Never before had she acted like this, but all the other times she had been in pain, anaa had been there to soothe her. Her aunt was not a viable substitute.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was no medic, but she resolved to understand the source of her nieces pain–until her niece elected to cause her pain, too, with her yelling. If she has heard us, she will come, Hydra imagined. For good measure, she called @Jarilo too; perhaps he might be more of a comfort. After, Hydra looked to the girl. Hydra could smell the fear upon her, and sighed knowingly. I know that you do. But when she cannot help, sometimes, you must let others. Only when you trust them, she drawled, thinking that no doubt there were strangers who might sooner test the effect of poison on a viable guinea pig than healing herbs. She did not desire her niece to trust blindly. 

Tell me where it hurts most, she asked, wondering what the extent of it was. Kukutux would know better how to heal it all, but at the least the matriarch could provide her with the information she needed once she did arrive.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Sialuk shot daggers with her eyes at her aunt, unsatisfied with her answer. I trust anaa, she said with a heavy emphasis on the last word, clamping her mouth shut then and refusing to answer the question about where it hurt. She clutched her paw close to her chest, guarding it from Hydra and anything she might want to do with it. The shift caused her to put weight on her bruised rib, which made her wince and writhe more.

You aren't a healer, so stop acting like one! she spat, knowing immediately that it was not ladylike. But she didn't care. She was scared. She was hurt. She wanted her mother. Nothing else could console her. Except perhaps her father, but even that was going to be a hard sell.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was easy enough to see what hurt from Sialuk's actions alone. Which paw, and from the wincing, perhaps something deeper—unless that was due to the pain she felt from said paw. Upon the girls rude pronouncement, Hydra blinked down at her, a chilly affect taking over her person. While the better part of Hydra understood the girl was stressed and worried and longed for her mother, the baser part could only hear the outburst for what it was at face value: flagrant disrespect. 

Sialuk, came her low voice, cracking like a whip. She said no more than that, as she did not need to. It was but a subtle warning for her niece to remember her manners, even in times of distress; Hydra deserved more from her than that. Her features read, you disappoint me. Perhaps her expectations of her had been too high, she acknowledged to only herself.

Hydra did not correct her niece. At face title, the girl was right in her lack of official title or exceptional skill—still, although she was no healer, she knew the rudimentary skills to treat open cuts to prevent infection should any of her wolves be hurt in battle, or else herself. She had taken care of what she had needed to with Sialuk, at the very least cleansing the wounds that needed it. With that done, she took a few short steps away to offer the girl some space to breathe, also recognizing her niece was not in a state that meant she would listen to her then and there. She looked away and hummed, We will wait for your mother then, or your father. If she would not accept the help Hydra could provide, she would not force it upon the cub.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
the mother in question flurried from the cold air, having heard sialuk's cries and hydra's summons from afar. dashing steps carried her close enough to hear her raindrop's outburst, and she blanched somewhat at her child's aggressive dashing of their leader's presence.

"igayul, sialuk ostrega," kukutux warned in a firm voice. her jadestone eyes could not hold hydra's own firmness; she swept closer, practiced gaze flickering over her daughter. "it is good ajaukuluk came to find you. thank you," the duck murmured toward her husband's sister, before her attention shifted back to sialuk. "let me see your arm."
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
She didn't care if she disappointed ajaukuluk. At least not now. She huffed and fell silent, glad that Hydra had at least stopped touching her or trying to get her to answer questions. Like a beacon in the night, anaa arrived, scolding her gently, but it went in one ear and out the other as her mother drew close. Gingerly, Sialuk pulled her left front paw from beneath her, shooting a wary glance to Hydra in the process. This one, she said in her mother's tongue, already far more calm now that Kukutux was here to save the day.

My side hurts too, when I take a big breath.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Kukutux came, finally; Hydra observed her approach her daughter with some reproach, though was just as swift to fall into her work. Kukutux would see and smell for herself that Hydra had cleaned the girls open wounds to start, but beyond that simply remained with her so she would not be alone. With the mother now in attendance, Hydra could move on to other things. Nodding to Kukutux, she shook out her furs and lingered long enough to determine whether Kukutux had need of her. Should nothing be asked of her, Hydra would leave in silence so as to let the two carry on. 

Last from 'dra unless Kukutux expresses she needs Hydra to grab something <3 !
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she held back a sigh and nodded toward the blackbear. nothing more to be done here but her own work, and she blinked green eyes in soft gratitude toward her sister. hydra departed, and sialuk now held her mother's attention. "pukak," she sighed.

"this may bring pain," the duck warned, before nudging into the raindrop's side with a firm press of her muzzle. pain in the side could mean many things; she must make sure no bone was broken. "i will walk with you. we will go very slowly. but you must come to the ulaq now, for medicine." even for jarilo, sialuk would be too large to carry comfortably. now then, to know pain and to command it from herself.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,174 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Last from me! I think we can wrap here. <3

Ow! she yelped when her mother pressed into her bruised rib. Her eyes got glassy, but she remained silent and still otherwise. Very carefully, she rose to three feet, tucking the one sprained foot close to her chest. It would be slow going, but rest would do a great deal to help her in the coming days. Whenever she saw Hydra again, she would apologize, although that wasn't on her mind right now. All she wanted now was the comfort of her mother's presence and a good, long, warm nap curled up in the ulaq.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO