Raven's Watch desperate and ravenous, so weak and powerless
6 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Ravens cawed down at her from their precarious perches along the steep northern mountainside. Their shadowy figures were obscured behind the haze of thick cloud cover which hugged the higher peaks, though the arctic wolf still paused momentarily to scowl in their vague direction.

Skulking along the lower slopes, Ugnė reverted her attention back to the small stream she had been trailing along. The frigid morning temperatures had left the small trickle of water frozen and undrinkable. Moving swiftly further downstream, she sought to find a stretch of stronger current that had yet to freeze over.
31 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Tired of following Kigipigak, Rökkvi grasped at an opportunity to better acquaint himself with the territory his siblings had begun to make their own. He found himself roaming along its lower slopes, pausing regularly to test for new scents - if he found any hint of weakness in their warning to outsiders to keep away, he'd deliver a fresh urine or scat marking to better reinforce.

This had been home to Stjör, Sol and Valmúa for several weeks, and only recently had Rökkvi arrived to support. He was determined to make a place for him in the ravenwatch, so made it his duty to protect it.

Such an opportunity presented itself in the form of an ivory stranger who found herself too close than the twilight wolf liked. Dark ears pricked at the cry of birds nearly, clearly perturbed by something, and the ironborn loped onward to investigate when he caught sight of her. Stjörnuàti had made no mention of another palefur among them, so this one meant outsider.

Rökkvi quickened his stride, guard hairs risen along the length of his dorsal as he parted his jaws in a feral snarl. He moved in with every intention of forcing submission with display alone, and if she chose to meet him with teeth then she would find him a formidable opponent. 

"English" · "Icelandic" · "Inupiaq"
6 Posts
Ooc —
Large paws were placed down onto the sheet of frozen ice, shoulders rising and falling as she tested her small weight against it. It quickly become clear that Ugnė would need to put some work in if she was going to quench her thirst. Rearing up onto her hind legs, her forepaws hammered down against the solid ice with a dull thud. Then again, the second attempt summoning a sharp crack. The ice shattered beneath her muddied paws and the freezing water immediately pooled around her. She lapped at the stream ravenously, enjoying the sensation of the icy liquid against her hot, dry throat.

Sensing disturbance, her pale ears pricked as she instinctively turned to glance behind her. The odour of the other wolf hit her first, then the sound of his feral snarl as the larger dark figure suddenly appeared before her. The male's posture was threatening and aggressive, demanding submission from her. Caught off guard, the arctic female ran her tongue across her wet charcoal lips and bowed down to him, twisting around to expose her throat in submission, whilst simultaneously baring her teeth. Ugnė might have been small but she could sink her fangs just as deep if she wanted to.
31 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Tail flagging, Rökkvi closed the distance between them with confidence in his urgent stride. Luckily for the stranger, she knew better than to turn on him with with fangs. Instead she lowered herself appropriately and promptly displayed her sensitive throat to signify that she accepted his dominance. The ironborn clacked his jaws shut but maintained bared teeth as he moved in close, keen to enforce his position by thrusting himself into her personal space to tower over her bowed form.

Nose shoved rudely to the she-wolf's exposed neck, he reached to press his lips to the pale fur there and breathe in deep the scent of her. She smelled of the wilds, he thought, and tasted her on his canines as he withdrew to snake his tongue between them. Good Rökkvi mused while champagne eyes swept over the ivory loner with rumbling approval, content with her submission and lack of affiliation with other clans.

"Who are you," he barked in demand, brow still furrowed, "and why are you here?"

6 Posts
Ooc —
Ugnė remained still as the larger dark male strode in to inspect her, keeping her delicate throat exposed to him. It was a dangerous game to display such extreme submission to a stranger, knowing that should he not accept her he could end her life in a heartbeat. It was for that reason that the arctic female kept her own teeth exposed and pointed towards him as he towered over her, ignoring her personal space so that he could vet her more thoroughly. 

Bright golden eyes remained fixed upon the dark hair of his chest as he lingered close for a moment longer, suddenly pressing his moist nose and hot lips to her neck. Ugnė's pale fur bristled for a moment as he took a sharp inhale of her roughish scent, causing a small shiver to tickle down her spine as he momentarily stole the warmth from her skin. She took the opportunity to flare her own nostrils, and softly inhaled his deeper masculine stench before he finally pulled away far enough to visually examine her.

The female met his champagne stare with a furrowed brow, suddenly feeling aggrivated by the tone with which he spoke to her. "Ugnė Aningâĸ." She offered proudly, shifting now to press her chin back down and look down her nose at him. "I was having a drink, but that much would have been obvious." Until you rudely set upon me.
31 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
First impressions are fun!? Sorry, he's an asshole.  xD

She held onto her pride, and Rökkvi allowed her to keep it. His intention had been solely to communicate his position over her on the edge of his family's claim, on which she lingered, and trespass was a great offence. The fact that she had made no mark there of her own, at least none that the ironborn could detect, meant fortune remained on her side.

At least it did, until she dared to meet his gaze.

Rökkvi bristled again, powerful jaws parted in a vicious snarl as he strode forward and aimed to buffet her with his frame - a guttural sound from his throat that issued a final warning. Back down, his actions radiated, his last offer in letting the pallid stranger accept her place before the tiny thread of his patience could split. Verbally, he supported his body language with a clear threat: "my kin hold these slopes, and if you dare meet my eye with yours again," gilded stare narrowed, "you will leave this place without them."
6 Posts
Ooc —
Quick to aggrivate, and easily offended, the large male once again closed in on her whilst loudly voicing his indignation with a deep gutteral snarl. It was clear that he resented the scornful glare she'd flashed towards him, neither did he seem best pleased with her answer. Ugnė braced herself, her pale paws pressing hard against the rock and dirt in anticipation of his assault. 

The weight of his body slamming against hers caused the smaller female to faulter. Ugnė stepped back to steady herself, her body sinking lower instincitvely as she sought to regain her balance upon the uneven, frosted terrain. In the depths of her throat, her own growl threatened to rumble, though it did not erupt like his had. Instead it remained bubbling just beneath the surface, as she opted to curl her dark lips back to expose her teeth as he addressed her once more. 

The male's threat of violence did not go unnnoticed, and so the arctic wolf narrowed her eyes lower down upon the dark furs of his chest once more as she took a slow step backwards. "Strange that I neither see nor smell these fellow comrades of yours, and, if you hold these slopes, as you claim, then your borders are poorly marked." She smirked then, her tail flicking menacingly behind her. "A pack is only as strong as their weakest member, and from the looks of it, your members are decidedly lacking." She scoffed, before daring to meet his gaze again, testing him.
142 Posts
Ooc — Zina
"if you dare meet my eye with yours again—" Oh, Rökkvi, you silly sap of a brute.
Valmúa closed the distance between her and her brother and the stranger quickly. It was easy to keep an eye on things when you were house-bound on the shortest leash in the wolven world.
He was standing before an arctic woman. They had tense eyes, each of them, and the poppy girl could see her brother heating the moment instead of trying to cool it down. For her part, the woman spoke strong, nasty words. Valmúa lifted a lip at the commentary, as though annoyed that this was the kind of crap she had to deal with today.
I wouldn't insult him, if I were you, she called out, barreling toward them and stopping short near her brother. She kept a decent distance between him and her, since she tended to be the person the boys redirected on when they were in foul moods. He speaks truth, we are of the Watch, she said glancing briefly in Rökkvi's direction. Whatever he had said to her had really set her off.
English/Common · Icelandic · `Inupiaq`
All wolves of the Watch can join all threads, including private
31 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Rage stacked up within him, each brick of it as solid and impenetrable as the other. He let the fury gather without even attempting to reign it, having extended enough courtesy to this foolish she-wolf by extending warning - not once but twice, yet still she opened her mouth to test his patience. He glowered at her as she sought his eyes again, another direct challenge, and each of his raven guard hairs spiked in outrage.

Saliva pooled in his mouth in anticipation of tasting the smart-mouthed loner's blood on his fangs but, as he readied himself to let his anger drive him forward in attack, there came a sudden presence at his flank. Valmúa's words rooted him temporarily; how considerate of her to support his hot-headedness by joining the fray.

With his russet sister close by, he opted last minute to let her take charge with words on this occasion, since he'd never been particularly good with his own. Itching for a fight and bolstered by the arrival of his kin, Rökkvi moved to prowl around the pallid female in a tight ring, attempting blatantly to provoke her in a manner she'd almost roused in him.

"She said we were weak," he rumbled in his native tongue to his sibling, his turn then to test Ugnė as she had tried him, and reached to aim a sharp nip toward her nearest hindquarter, "she deserves to die for her smart mouth."
6 Posts
Ooc —
Ugnė found amusement in toying with the larger male. Seeing him so infuriated at her words, whilst she teasingly tugged at his very last thread of patience. It was enthralling for her, for the woman craved to feel her heart fluttering nervously against her chest. That rush of adrenaline made her feel alive.

She felt her pulse quicken as she held his champagne gaze, her own golden stare flickering in silent challenge. However, just as her fur bristled as she readied herself for an attack, another wolf appeared from further up the mountain. Ugnė's attention drifted to the arrival momentarily, only long enough to take in the warm colours of her pelt and the notice the curled upper lip that she flashed as she barrelled in towards them. Focusing back on the male, Ugnė's eyes looked him up and down in slight disbelief, as her pale ears pricked at his comrade's words. Shit. 

Now that he had the female by his side, the dark male felt bold enough to circle her, presumably sizing her up. The arctic wolf was well aware that she was outnumbered now, but she remained resolute. Unwilling to back down, more in attempt to save her own pride at this point, Ugnė eyed the pair of them and crouched down low to protect her delicate undersides from attack, her head moving to keep her bared teeth pointed at the large wolf who circled her.

The words which the male rumbled were mostly foreign to her, though some of them sounded vaguely familiar. Her brows furrowed at him, and she released a low growl as he suddenly nipped at her rear. She lunged her head forwards then, jaws wide, as she curled about herself, pulling her limbs in close and tucking her tail between her legs to make herself as compact as possible whilst also showing that she wasn't backing down completely. "If you're going to talk about me, just say it, hund." Ugnė spat, clearly ignoring the female's advice.
142 Posts
Ooc — Zina

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Descriptions of violence
How dumb did she have to be to come into the Watch and talk big at Rökkvi of all people? Why couldn't it have been little Prinsessa Chanel or Viola? The only person who got anywhere close to insulting the Stormhaven siblings was her, and she had been treading some seriously thin-ass ice for some time. Rökkvi was ramped up and excited for a fight. A slight thrill buzzed through her spine as she grinned slyly while he nipped at her.
The arctic woman curled about herself to protect all of her vulnerable bits. The grin Valmúa displayed stretched further, almost cruelly, as the white girl had the nerve to demand they speak in the common tongue. The smile showed teeth, dangerous, playful. She imagined what this good-looking woman would sound like when her limbs were flayed and her insides were on display as a warning to all who came to the Watch so brazenly after her.
But that was not the poppy girl's intention, for the fire woman that had blazed in her weeks before had reduced its flame to a simmer.
My brother wants us to kill you, but I'd rather know your name, Brazen One. I am Valmúa af Stormskýli. The words were simple, pleasant. She offered her own name to start, nudging Rökkvi with her hip to correct him to a lower energy. She expected a nip in return.
31 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She lunged in his direction with jaws parted following the clip of his own teeth on her flank, but either her aim was off or she was bluffing. Rökkvi, clenching the muscles of his backside in expectation of contact, remained just out of reach.

A pity.

The ironborn hissed a breath through bared fangs, acknowledging that little flurry of dark glee course his veins to know that his secret words with Valmúa infuriated the outsider enough to spit insults his way. After raising his head to exchange an amused glance with his russet sibling, Rökkvi carried on padding around crouched she-wolf. Champagne eyes lingered with judgement on her, for although the sight of her lowered frame elated his superiority, It was clear to see that she clung to her stubbornness.

It both annoyed and aroused him at the same time.

"She's fiery, isn't she?" Rökkvi deliberately carried on in the language he shared with Valmúa as he felt her bump him with her hip, but he made no move to reprimand her and nor did he cease his antagonistic prowl. "Let's not give her false hope, sister - you bore me when you play with them like this."
6 Posts
Ooc —
The arctic wolf's lunge towards the darker male summonded a hiss from him, before he resumed his pacing around her, intent on aggrivating and unnerving her in front of the russet furred female. Ugnė kept her sharp eyes on him, turning her head to face him as he slowly circled her like a menacing vulture, whilst her ears pricked at the foreign words he spoke to his companion. She could not understand most of it, but she got hints here and there, enough to know that it was her that he was talking about. 

The pale female demanded to know, to understand, what the larger male was saying. She was already out-numbered, so she at least wanted to be aware of what plans they had for her now that they had her surrounded. The russet female seemed more polite and composed and willing to offer her a snippet of their conversation in exchange for her name.

Ugnė's ears pressed back against her head at the mention of killing her, and her golden eyes widened for a moment before her brows furrowed deeper, mentally scoffing to herself. He could try.

She briefly watched Valmúa corrected her brother, her golden stare flitting between the pair of them, as chose to ignore the male's words knowing that he was only speaking to get on her nerves. Ugnė finally directed her attention back to the sister, the better behaved of the pair. She raised a single brow, and puffed up her chest. No longer crouching, a half grin pulled at one corner of her charcoal lips. "You, Valmúa, I like. Your brother on the other hand..." She shot him a disapporoving side glance. "I am Ugnė Aningâĸ. I had just stopped for a drink when your brother interrupted me, and as I already explained, I was not aware I was in claimed territory given the distinct lack of markers in this particular area. You are obviously in need of more diligent guardians." 
142 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Indeed she was a fiery one. Valmúa watched with amusement as Rökkvi paced. He was a tiger in a cage, a tasty treat just slightly too far from his reach. Valmúa looked at him as he complained, grinning maniacally, enjoying seeing him on a leash. The whole thing felt wonderfully ironic and beautiful to her.
She laughed as the arctic female complained of her brother's behaviour. Brazen One indeed. When she shared her name and explained the situation, the poppy girl didn't stop smiling. The Frækinneinn had sure dug herself into a lovely little hole. Obviously, she parroted, and took a single wide pace around the woman. The wheels in her head turned, and she formulated a delightful little game.
Since you think you can do better, my brother will spar with you, and we will see if you fight as well as you insult, Frækinneinn. She stood back then, glancing to Rökkvi and nodding her head. She wondered if he would really be able to hold back. The woman was not wrong. They could always use more guardians. Mostly, she just wanted to see her squirm under Rökkvi's body. Like a powerful woman with a trained tiger, she watched in excitement — glee, even.
31 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Sorry for the delay here, my MH took a nosedive recently. I'm gonna withdraw Rökk so I don't hold this up any longer.  <3

The situation took an unexpected, interesting turn at Valmúa's chirped agreement.

At the rear of the pallid she-wolf, Rökkvi paused to glance over her ears to regard his sister with a deep frown at her. He watched her quietly, coolly, and the penny dropped as she carried on in taking charge of what had originally been intended as simple dominance display over a trespasser. Instead of assisting him in forcing a disobedient outsider to submit, his russet sister offered something most unexpected: an opportunity. 

A flash of fangs to Valmúa then, outrage and insult clear in the champagne of his wild eyes. His interest in Ugnė dissipated swiftly, and with fur bristled in offense, he turned to depart with an arched tail. "I am not your puppet, Valmúa," he told his sibling pointedly, a sharp reminder that he would not tolerate her attempt to control him as she'd attempted with Stjörnuàti already.

Rökkvi, having been so eager for the fight, would do so only on his terms. He huffed a dissatisfied breath and returned to his patrol, making a mental note to confront Valmúa with this later and seething as he went.