Witch's Marsh Don't want to run aground, your shores are safely found.
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Sunhawk managed to escape the Kray(Z) brothers in the Glen, but only very narrowly. He took the first trail he found and blazed it until they were a distant memory. A relievingly distant memory.

He was on the edge of a marsh. His feet were sodden. He wiggled his toes as they sank into the watery earth, liquid pooling between his toes. "Hmm. Hope Grumbra doesn't want me home before supper." Looking at the sun that slanted through the trees to the west, Sunhawk was certain he was not going to make it home in time for Grumbra's curfew.

It'd be night time soon and rain was pooling in the horizon. Sunhawk began to move off in search of shelter.
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
If this isn't AW, please let me know and I'd be happy to delete ^^

Evien had only been looking for cattails. It was rare that he was out this late, this far from his home. But he had needed a break so that he could take a breath of air. The marsh was not particularly good for fresh air, but it did have cattails, which were insanely useful for injured wolves. Which he often had quite a few of to care for.

The medic had a few stalks of the plant in his mouth, anxiously looking up at the sky as it threatened rain. It would be a huge pain, should the cottony material within the cattails become wet. Airing them out would take time, and he often did not have that. 

Except his lack of attention to where he was going would be his downfall. Evien took one wrong step and plunged into a deceptively deeper part of the water with a mighty SPLASH

Fortunately, he was a good swimmer. Unfortunately, he dropped his cattails. And now he looked like a wet rat, floundering and trying to find solid ground to stand on again.
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
A big splash told Sunhawk his time alone had ended. Oh god, was that the boogeyman? The Kray brothers returning to collect his pretty hide? He'd been of the impression they were cutthroats down to every little tuft of hair. Oh god, he was too pretty to die.

So rather than inspect the noise as most wolves would do, Sunhawk ducked his head from the reeds and began to crept away. Hehe, not getting ole Sunny on my watch you aint - keep tryin' ya milk-suppin' flatfoots!

Unfortunately as wily as Sunhawk believed himself to be, the ground pulled the exact same bullshit prank on him it pulled on Evien. In two seconds Sunhawk was laid flat, chin slamming into the muck with a squelch that announced to all near and far exactly where he was. "FUCK!" Sunhawk exclaimed, putting his paws over his mouth in horror immediately after. Shit. Now those psycho brothers knew exactly where he was.
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
Evien managed to clamber out of the water, soaked to the skin, and stared momentarily at the cattails floating useless on what looked to be solid ground. He shook his fur out, irritation building in his chest, and bristled defensively. Fortunately, no one was around to see-

A loud slam and a shout of FUCK, that normally would've come from Evien himself, cut off his train of thought. 

There was another wolf, splayed out in the mud a few meters off, facing away from Evien. "Right??" he demanded, stomping a paw in frustration and wrinkling his muzzle. "Fuck this fucking swamp. I swear to god, I've never seen another place where you had to be so careful where you walked. It's not even fair." 

He took a couple steps toward the fallen wolf, tipping his head to the side. "You're not hurt, are you? Because I've got nothing to treat you with here, so if you twisted a paw or something, you're shit outta luck." And he was probably going to die of hypothermia. This was just fantastic.
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Fuck this fucking swamp, indeed. Sunhawk tittered nervously as he waited for the brothers to jump his bones. No brothers. Just a guy.

A guy with a weird leg.

Now, Sunhawk didn't want to be rude, but "Yo what is up with that leg?" blurted out of his piehole before he could stop it. He had two seconds to apologize or try to earn this guys' forgiveness and instead he brushed it off with an innocent grin and a blink of his stellar eyes. "Nah, I'm fine. Thought you were those creepy brothers that were chasing me - they didn't do that to ya, did they?"
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
Fortunately for the other guy, Evien didn't really give a fuck about his leg. So instead of biting his head off about it, the medic just shrugged. "I dunno. It's been like this since I was born. Nobody did it to me." Thank god for that. That much damage done to the tissues and muscles of your leg, so that it didn't even bend anymore? That'd be way too painful. 

A brow arched and Evien cast a glance over his shoulder. "No creepy brothers here, as far as I know. You're pretty safe. Or, as safe as you can be when the ground isn't solid." He tipped his head to the side and studied the other boy, interested by his behavior. 

"What's your name?"
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Press F in chat for Evien's leg, busted as he broke from mommy's womb.

F

At least it hadn't been the Creep brothers who did it to him. Sunhawk looked over his shoulders same as Evien. Nope, no baddy bursting from the bog like Jason. Whew. Fuck them! He hoped they ate some bad blueberries and got violently ill for a bit. Serve them right for scaring a good bloke like himself right out of his skin.

"Sunhawk." He replied automatically as he looked back to Evien, who was studying him up and down like the last parfait in the cafeteria. Oh. Okay, we're slightly uncomfy now. "What's yours?"

Sunhawk didn't stick around past introductions. For one, Peg-Leg here was looking too hard at him. For two, he didn't like this place.

Exit Sunhawk, pursued by a bear (ok not really. Just the exit.)