Larksong Grotto catgirls are ruining my life!
61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Limit Two 

So, life was just fine and dandy right? Sure, Toshi may have been flooded out of his home, along with the rest of Whitebark, but things weren’t too bad. He had Momma, he had Kiyoshi, and Célnes allowed them to crash at her place. Things were looking up until the boy thought it’d be a great idea to explore on his own. He got lost, tried to find his way back, got lost even more... it’s a whole mess.

Mommaaaa! Kiyoshiiii! Toshi dragged himself through the dirt. His movement was waaay over the top. He thought that maybe if he pouted enough and acted up, they’d magically appear. 

Where are you? I’m freezing m’ tail off! That’s only half true. It was much warmer here than the rest of the taiga. He was just really sold on his drama queen theory.
3 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
The crowing of a lost child was hard to ignore. It was so unlike the shrill screeches of her brothers, yet the sound brought her back there in her mind.

( Bodies wedged together tightly in the earth, mother and father stepping aside, the riverscent so clean upon the shadow as it pushed its way inside -- by tooth and blood, a choice thrust upon them -- ! )

Davri could hear them screeching now despite the years between them, hear the metallic pitch of their terror beneath the crying child's own words. She did not know what he was saying - such specificity did not matter - only that he called, and she was within the grotto to listen.

Listen and lurk, slowly closer.
Hushed Willows
Dancer
omnipotent society of youth
154 Posts
Ooc — cas
ty! sorry for the wait, i left some space for toshi to cut him off, lmk if that isn't alright! other tags for reference!

“how you say g-groddo in giberis- i mean! ger-men!, papa? ...grotte! hört sich an wie grrreat!

Astraeus quickly douses the mem'ry in (figurative, yet inventive) gasoline and (figuratively, but angrily) alights it with a stick and already-used match head. To say it plainly: he was diddly-doodly pissed the fuck off that he'd been on the peaks for weeks and @Mahler had not sought him out, neither @Wylla, though probably not as baffling. He fails to address how much of hypocrite the starling of what he'd proclaimed on the mountain, what felt like lives ago.

He found himself marching on a street of rage to the grotto, where he unfortunately chanced upon a boy younger than he and very faintly the woman, once again. He'd met many an amethyst-eyed lord, slyph, seelie and creature it was inherent to be wary of them all. He states nothing, but clenches his jaw and shouts a few feet away:

"Go away, stranger. Or —"
61 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
assuming Darvi is kinda nearby. lmk if you want me to edit this!

Toshi wasn’t as great a tracker as he’d like to believe, but at least he was aware of his surroundings (sort of). He swore to the high heavens he was being watched, but when he glanced around he saw nothing.

Uhh, hello? he called, hoping his family would emerge. No answer. That’s when he decided that no, he didn’t want to get ambushed and eaten, and he’d hightail it out of here. Before he could get far, he was intercepted by another kid.

You’re a real creep you know that? Toshi stomped his foot. Sneaking up on me like that.. er, not that I was scared or anything.
Hushed Willows
Dancer
omnipotent society of youth
154 Posts
Ooc — cas
gonna close this up since its old! feel free to archive if u want, lmk if thats not ok tho!

The boy snorts at the notion he's the creepy one, and basically had snapped at the boy he had had the right idea, but the wrong bitch. Whipping around after he felt he'd shouted some (heavily on the some) sense into Toshi, he begrudgngly found his step carrying himself to Sagtannet.