Hideaway Strath stood on it to make him stop
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 

Cenric had returned to the forest his family resided at just weeks before. The layout was still etched in his mind. He weaved through the trees so effortlessly, so gracefully. He felt weightless.

But that shouldn’t have been the case should it? The blood of his cousin stained his walls, and he had been the one to spill it. Yet he walks through this woods as if she were still there. If one looked closely, they’d see a hint of a grin.

Rohesia was vermin that needed to be exterminated. Just like Grayson, just like Clarence.

There was no guilt in his heart.
closed for threads
134 Posts
Ooc — summer
Chanel was wandering again, humming a lovely melody as she wove through treetrunks and foliage. When she caught the scent of a nearby male, her heartbeat quickened with some nervousness. It was a silly thing, to still be awkward around strangers who were men- but Mother and Father had hammered such caution into her so, and still she felt some anxiousness. It wasn't all bad- it was like butterflies in her stomach, always wondering whether those strangers were the Prince Charmings of fairytales, or as rotten as Father had always painted them to be. Gathering her confidence, she would err on the optimistic side, and move towards the source of the scent all the while singing her wordless melody like Snow White. A glimpse of brown fur through the trees- and she paused with a single slim leg lifted delicately into the air, waiting curiously as her voice came to a halt, and too uninformed to assume him associated with the inbred religious fanatics of the other day.
threads 3/5
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A melodic hum floated through the forest, adding to its peaceful peaceful ambiance. Cenric stopped, and one ear tilted towards the noise. It reminded him of Ravinger; he’d be the type to sing to himself. But the voice did not belong to his cousin, it’s a woman’s voice. It grew closer and closer..

..and then it stops.

His eyes scan across the trees. Hello? They stop when he catches a glimpse of fur behind the trunks. It’s hard to detect any features from where he stood. My apologies. Did I interrupt something?
closed for threads
134 Posts
Ooc — summer
When he notices her, she steps shyly out into the open, ears pinning almost nervously to her skull. Ah, no- nothing at all, Mister. Forgive me if I disturbed you, She offered, feeling some nervousness in her stomach again, talking to a strange man. She gulped down a rock in her throat. My name is Chanel Vasselli, darling. What's yours? The woman wonders, allowing a polite smile to trace her features in something feminine and neat.
threads 3/5
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
As she stepped away from the cover of the trees, the gentle winds carried her scent towards him. It’s a familiar fragrance, one he does not particularly enjoy. It reminds him of the golden woman and her unruly son. Had it been anyone else, his eyes would betray his disgust, but this woman was different. She’s soft spoken, polite. That’s more to say than the wolves she runs with. So he smiled, both with his lips and eyes.

It’s quite alright, he started. Channel Vasselli.. what a lovely name. I am Cenric Deorwine. He wondered if the Firebirds carried his name on their tongues. The thought brings a level of satisfaction, even if they may very well say it with ill intent.
closed for threads
134 Posts
Ooc — summer
If anyone had mentioned his name, Chanel was too ditzy to recall it. She liked the sound of his title, though- a man who introduced himself by both names, she thought, seemed classy, neat. The compliment to her own name caused her to blush beneath her fur, and feeling it only right, she returned it: Why, yours as well, Mister Cenric Deorwine. Chanel chirped with a polite smile, and shifted slightly closer, hesitant. There were the scents of some wolves upon him, but in her one encounter with the deerwolves she had not come close enough to know them by scent. Thus his was unfamiliar, Forgive my nosiness, but if you don't mind, what pack do you call home?
threads 3/5
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Familiarity did not strike her, which was a slight disappointment. However, the answer to her next question would surely ring a bell, or so he assumed. It’d be strange, irresponsible even, if Niamh hadn’t told her subjects of the family. But knowing how little she tells her son, he wouldn’t be surprised if she’d yet to inform her peers.

Kingslend, he replied, We reside in a forest south of here.
closed for threads