King Elk Forest happy birthday to the deorwine kings.
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Limit Two 
Back-dated to October 16th

Célnes and her brother @Cenric were born mid-autumn, where the leaves were beautifully red, and slowly was the wildlife preparing for winter. Soon did the time come, but thankfully with the resources the old home had, mothers of Kingslend rarely did suffer. Being the only pack within the large land-mass was a privlidge they did not have today.

They were finally three years of age. Three years, thriving, and after all that time; they were Kings.

Though not without hardships. She still remembered the fire, and entering Whitebark Stream, only to leave and return to the flooded pack, take what was left and flee to the mountains. There did they officially met the various of family, and slowly descend downwards into the forests. Finally being attacked, did Célnes demand a movement. There was issues between members, the devouts and the changes she made, and even upon moving once more, labelled as inbred-monsters by the Firebirds.

Then for a birthday present, was the demise of Rohesia.

After all that, they were finally whole. Soon spring would come for the Deorwine's, but all who were a couple had perished long ago. Now it was the younger generation, but majority being family. She dreamed of the day to walk down with the fated pelt, and seeing her father for once, smile for her marriage ceremony. Though, who would accept the snake, a Deorwine of prideful origins? 

Even Célnes, can have blissfull dreams of a love-life. Though the thought of a Queen beside herself, as laughable when majority of who was found, where that of relatives. She wondered though, if she had no eye-catchers, what was to come of spring? There was thought of her guard, but the thought fled.

Would her brother try for the upcoming season? For the two Kings, they were first candidates for children, and she mused silently at the thought.

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
There’s something special about autumn. The earth is warm, both in temperature and hue. Wolves come together to enjoy the moments before the first snow. It’s a grace period.

He’d been strolling through the woods, humming to himself, when he came across Célnes. He hadn’t seen her since Rohesia. He smiled when he recalled the incident.

Greetings, sister. He gave her a quick glance over. How have you been?
closed for threads
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Brother," she said with a smile. They both seemed to have a mutual understanding, a sibling bond they did not share with the younger ones. 'Fake,' was strung between the two as they smiled at their packmates but had thoughts of another behind their backs. But even they, were not always plotting, they too, had but simple dreams.

"Soon winter will come, and so spring will follow. What are your plans?" There was no need for sweet-talking, but rather Célnes asked him with a lifted brow of taunt.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
There was only one job he had when spring came; carry on the bloodline. It’s his duty as a son and as a King. It’s easier said than done. There were a lack of females within Kingslend, most of which were sisters and cousins. Sacnite was the only option, and though her pelt was brown (that’s more to say than the rest of the outsiders), she was practically a stranger.

Now he wondered. What are yours? Surely Célnes’ goals aligned with his. They are royal blood after all, and that must be passed down.
closed for threads
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"I too have childish dreams too, brother." She laughed at the thought. The woman saw many in Kingslend who were in love and formed families, but she also saw many that simply bred to reproduce the bloodline. But she too, dreamed though of a family with someone dear. Though such dreams were just a romantized, and usually rare to happen.

Especially, since majority of Kingslend were related. Those who were not, had the picking of many.

"I suppose we must seek outside of our little realm in the forest."

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Reproduction wasn’t a childish dream in his mind. It’s a duty that inevitably must be done, lest the bloodline fizzles out. Now love, however, that was  childish dreams. Is that what she desired next season? The thought made him chuckle. He never thought of his sister as the romantic type.

It’s the easiest choice, but the idea makes me wary. He’d much rather find his sister a suitor within Kingslend than some random man. Like him, she doesn’t have many options, but she did have more men to choose from.

There’s Henryk, he thought aloud, or... Germanicus. He clearly favored the former.
closed for threads
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Don't laugh," she jokingly pushed her brothers shoulder as he thought of what she said and dared utter a chuckle, "seeing the couples in past spring compared to well, our mother.." and the thoughts of their father. And Grayson as well. Dear ol' Grayson, who kept certain secrets away from them all, alongst with their dearest mother, "it seems like a lovely dream."

"We are truly unblessed for the season." A chuckle from Célnes as she thought of the prospects, "the two are really the only choice for me, and for you, there is only Sacnite and Cynefrid, though Zephrine is quite distant enough, where our blood is thin with her." So thin for the factor she has a gray-cloak upon her. For Cenric, he had three, and for herself, she had two.

"I dare say I would favor my guard- but knowing the family would not." A pitied smile.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He shouldn’t have been surprised by her answer. Growing up and witnessing such toxic relationships makes you crave something better or turn away from such things entirely. Célnes longed for something the other Kingslend women had, he’d rather avoid it. Relationships were a hassle anyways. 

There were more choices he hadn’t thought of. Cynefrid, who he didn’t know well either. Come to think of it, he didn’t know most of the Kingslend wolves well, not as much as his siblings that is. He’s always been relatively solitary.

His sister lists Zephrine too. Their ties may be thin, but not thin enough for his liking. Even if they weren’t related, she’d be far from his first choice. He could not let his children end up with a pelt like hers.

Célnes should think the same of her guard, and yet she still expresses her desire.

Of course they wouldn’t. What would they think if their King gave birth to gray cubs? Chaos would sweep through the forest.
closed for threads
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
She knew too, her brother would most likely disapprove, not for the fact he disliked the guard, but more for the fact, the possibility of a gray child. It was simply distasteful to give birth to one, but she supposed as long as they weren't.. White, it would be far more acceptable. However, Célnes was on edge, as many saw her out of the High Elk's grace, and so she believed if the time came and she did.. 

Well, her family would only rub it in. She felt bitter, letting them even gloat in the factor.

"Slowly, and with time, to change our- their ways. We cannot survive like this, Cenric. This not not the old home anymore." Where abundancy of Deorwine, brown wolves were roaming, but as they travelled, majority were not the favored colors anymore. Spring would be rough for Kingslend.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Change is difficult, Célnes. Swaying the hearts of the devout is not a guarantee. Many, if not all of Déorwine are stubborn when it came to their beliefs. To convince them to stray from their teachings—even by an inch— well, it was laughable. Had it been any other who came to him with this goal he would’ve chuckled, but this was his sister. As ridiculous as her future vision seemed, he’d do his best to respect it.

To humor this idea he asks, How do we go about this change?
closed for threads
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Dear brother, why do you think I have brought my guard with? Accepted Toshi and Kiyoshi, and soon his mother? They must get used to the thoughts of others." Generally it was only one of the reasons she brought them, but a valid one. Célnes was a greedy women after all, she sought for power in these wilds and the numbers that claim to, and with the narrow-minded family members, it was proved to be difficult with the limited amount of brown-wolves in the areas.

She would hope the deer-wolves would rule this area.. However it seems later in the future, there is some troublesome neighbors to compete with that thought.

"Though some are very stubborn." In reality it was just very few that had that issue, but they were also the ones with the most voice within the pack- their Bull Odessa, and their Baron Calhoun. Rohesia, may her soul rest in peace, was at least not an issue anymore.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The presence of the unblessed wasn’t to boost their numbers, she says, or at least not the main reason (oh, how he hoped his assumption was correct). They were merely tools used to sway the hearts and minds of the devout. Time will tell how effective they would be.

Even if most of Kingslend grew fond of the newcomers (and he certainly had his doubts about that) there will always be the ones who’s have their foot firmly planted on the ground.

That they are. Calhoun and Odessa come to mind. Do you truly believe their minds can be changed in time?
closed for threads
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"They will have to, if we want to survive." She had a firm belief that their minds may not change, but the attitude given will have to. Already did the two start to cause trouble with neighbors, and sadly despite wanting pure neutrality, they were labeled as heretics of sorts. Still she also felt they were unreasonable and didn't take it too much to heart over the failed company.

"Brother, make sure your bastards at least know who we are." With that, Célnes said with a chuckle as she wondered if her brother whole whore out for the spring season.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Cenric had a hard time imagining they’d believe survival counted on outsiders. Kingslend has survived for generations without them (or more accurately very few, but he’d rather not acknowledge them), so why would that change?

The unprompted mention of illegitimate children got a chuckle out of him. You believe I’d stoop so low to sire bastards? Oh sister, you wound me.
closed for threads
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"I dont know Cenric, sometimes you disappear. What do I know of your activities?" It was all but a fun game as she continued her chuckling, taking a jab at his occasional disappearance. For all she knew, he was doing it far before the old home had fallen, but nonetheless, now he had more free-reign if he wanted.

They both do, not only because they were Kings, but the elders couldn't pressure them as much as before, nor' could any family. It felt nice.. To have a certain amount of freedom.

"Perhaps we will gain more members before then."

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Cenric scoffed. Yes, I disappear for important business. Nothing else. He was an integral part of this family even before he came King. He had no time to throw himself at every woman he met. Even if he did, he had to refrain. There’s a reputation to uphold.

I have faith, he replied. They needed more eligible mothers and bachelors, not only for the good of the bloodline, but to avoid squabbling. The season of fertility did wild things to both men and women. He hoped the family wouldn’t descend into that madness, but it never hurt to be too careful.

Is that all you need from me, sister? I should return to my tasks.
closed for threads
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Be on your merry way, Brother." She truly did wonder if her brother had a few.. Bastards laying around, not that she would mind, as quite a few Deorwine's held some mysterious half-siblings and mistresses. Though oddly enough most of them seem to be within their very own family lineage rather then the rest, and she laughed at the thought.

As long as no one crossed lines, and crossing their blood with relatives.. She has no issues with who claimed what for the season. Though, Célnes's own, will always be a priority.