Stavanger Bay but then again, i hated school.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Private 

She wandered in casual search of Mal's wayward son, as well as Minori's daughter, though she knew she could never leave Yuèlóng for too long. Huā wanted to be of use for her friend who was feeling so low... but finding a child in all of the wilds was difficult, and she doubted the boy was even upon the beach. If only his mother had watched after him- and though sge had good impressions of Miriam, this loss was dissapointing. It was a man's job to take care of duties, and a woman's job to be a great parent. As for Miwa... Minori had dissapeared temporarily in the time they were in the forest, but had returned, and Huā was of the mind she ought to be more careful with the child as its mother. Even Takara had dissapeared, but Huā would not waste her time looking for self-sufficient adults when kids were missing. This was why she had originally thought the Teekons to be a barbaric land- they let their sons roam free to become unruly, and let their daughters run off with foolish boys, and failed to raise properly. Well... she was still trying to free herself of these mindsets about the roles of each gender. But hammered into her so by her homeland, it was a difficult task. 

It was there in walking that she found a scent- no, perhaps a pair? Unfamiliar to her, but she was intrigued, and wondered if someone was seeking to claim this place again. It was far enough from Yuèlóng that she wasn't bothered by their presence... though there was a risk of sharing the sea lion population. It would be best, then, if these were people who understood hunting in moderation to allow the population to continue thriving so that they might always have more to prey on, without ever scaring them so far into migrating. She would not tolerate any wolves like the insane Nemisis, who tried to take take take without any understanding of the environment. If there were wolves here... she only prayed they were not as evil as the saints. It would be better to have someone nearby she could bargain and cooperate with.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
wintersbane patrols the eastern border of the bay, following the carving rise of seacarved cliff from the ashtree wood, splicing thru shore and into the sea whose waves curl around the jagged cut of bedrock; a good perch, wintersbane thinks, for both guardian purpose and seastorm watching. though he does not climb it presently, he keeps it in his mind to test it for future use.

the approach of a figure along the shifting sands draws gelid gaze towards the siren empress. though her footsteps are quieted by the swallowing sand, any movement is quick to be picked up upon.

he woofs at her when he is a bit away, moving to intercept her upon the border. with his borders fully mapped and initially marked wintersbane tightens his hold upon them and is less likely to be kind to interlopers despite not having much of a crew yet, not that he thought she would cross.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The deep wuff catches her attention, and her seaglass gaze shifted from wherever they had distantly zoned out, and towards the man. He was a broad fellow, undeniably handsome despite the scarring upon his face. She was a tiny woman, but his presence made her feel even smaller, and it was only her rank and power upon the coast that kept her from nearly shrinkingbat the sight of him. No, she would not go any further, but held her ground confidently where she stood, chin raised slightly. 

Greetings. You are a visitor here, or plan to stay? She wondered, tone amiable as she offered a small tilt of her charcoal head and a welcoming little smile.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
idly, in a nonchalant way that wintersbane is wont to notice most women since his late wife's passing: she's pretty; tiny. he takes note of her held ground, of the rise of her chin and considers that she is one of the leaders of one of the packs up the eastern side of the coast. it's been a long while since he's traversed up that far ...but there was something about her scent that tickles his nostrils. something familiar that he can't quite place.

hello, wintersbane returns the greeting; appreciating that she cuts straight to the chase. if not for her amiable tone and the small welcoming smile she offers him, the hale tundrian might've assumed he was being interrogated if only because the words were a bit blunt in and of themselves. staying. whiskey-steeped baritone leaves his lips; polar gaze watching her for any signs that this isn't the news she wished to receive.

i'm wintersbane. saltking of this bay.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
He is a man of short words, but that was okay with Huā, considering the common language was one she'd never completely master. And he tells her he's staying. She gives a small nod of acknowledgement; so far she has not found a reason to detest him. Of course there were those like Donovan: polite at the first meeting, and showing his true colors at the next. She could only hope that the fact that this man introduced himself and his title before her meant he was as honest as he seemed. Ironking. It was a good thing, she thought, that she was lucky enough to encounter what she assumed was the leader here. We will be neigh-bors, She told him in a slight chuckle, I am huángdì, empress of Yuèlóng, a pack on that island. She turned her muzzle and tried to point at that mass which now looked a speck upon the great sea, though its rocky hill still rose noticeably. The empress turned her seaglass gaze back to the dark male, My name is Huāzhēn Jiāng. I hope we will get along well, Wintersbane. And though she was a queen of her own place, Huā knew she was upon his land now, and dipped her chin in a respectful bow to him, the handsome new king of this place. Only time would tell if his presence here would truly last, but she did not wish for a new enemy upon their backs.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
she introduces herself then, after stating their position as neighbors, and gestures to the isle just off the coast. from where they stand, it's not much — a sliver, really; but he knows if it houses wolves then it must be bigger than the tricking horizon shows. neighbors, in a sense. there is still the sea-lion shore and stretch of sea between them; plenty of room so that neither of them would feel crowded by the other.

i'll be sure to tell my wolves to tread the sealion shore with caution. it was better to assume that everyone was as a territorial as him then take the chance that they weren't. i have designs to use the sentinels to the west of us as our hunting grounds. wintersbane offers the tidbit of information as something of an olive branch; a subtle way to communicate that he didn't want trouble.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Thank you. I am sure you understand, perhaps, why it is so important we do not completely rid shore of the sea lion group. Do not feel you cannot hunt here- only important to be careful in how much you do so. She laughed slightly, feeling very happy with his politeness in telling her they would be cautious of their hunting grounds. Indeed Huā had a territorial streak, but as long as these wolves hunted in careful moderation, they would be welcome. The sentinels, I do not often visit. I think that will be perfect, for both of us. She, at least, knew nothing of any other groups settling or hunting there. 

So... is your group peaceful one? Before this we have some violent neighbors; I had to remove them. She laughed again, and coming from such a small woman it might've been interpreted as an attempt at humor. But if he took it as truth, he might understand that she held more power than her age or size betrayed, and it was best not to cross a girl with too many allies.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
wintersbane understands that 'small' does not equate to 'weak' and he does not doubt that should she wish ironclan be gone from the coast she could make it happen as her threat ( veiled, perhaps? ) implies. while wintersbane doesn't necessarily appreciate it, if she's had bad experience with settling packs he cannot blame her for it. we stick to ourselves, wintersbane offers. while he doesn't want to be dragged into any sort of war or drama he cannot, realistically, promise that they'll be 'peaceful'. he's never known peace in his life and whatever sliver he does have is torn violently from him.

and we won't cause trouble for you or yours. it was the truth; they were close-ish to each other and he doesn't want to be on poor footing with their only semi-neighbors. i see no reason we can't keep things perfectly amiable between us. having friends would no doubt help in the long run.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Sticking to themselves was good enough. Causing no trouble was better. Huā smiled lightly to him, an obvious approval of his answer: they would be welcomed here, then, so long as things were peaceful. She did not wish to drive off every nearby pack, only harmful ones... perhaps in time, even, Ironclan and Yuèlóng could cooperate in alliance. She knew better now than to jump the gun so quickly, but briefly considered the first alliance she had made- with Neverwinter, with Mal- and what had come afterward. She glanced up to Wintersbane, back down to her paws, and felt temporary warmth creep to her cheeks. Huā cleared her throat and chased those thoughts away. Fan-tastic, thank you, Wintersbane. Yuèlóng should not trouble you either. She bowed her head to him, and would wait to see if he had anything else to say before she might make her departure.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
i went ahead and wrapped with my post. <3

she is appeased by his promise that he and his would not trouble her or her wolves; alternatively, he is equally pleased by her similar arrangement. it is an arrangement he was satisfied with, at least for now. perhaps in the future they could ensure they were the two main players on the chessboard, reigning over the coast as hydra reigned over her wilderness. see you around then, neighbor. he offers with a small twitch of his lips as he dips his head to her and heads back in towards the heart of the bay.
word count: 95