Firefly Glen I've been waiting for my whole life
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
All Welcome 
The bony figure had tired of sitting in Cupid's den day after day. There was so much heaviness back home; he felt constantly weighed down by it, and headed beyond the border alone. It seemed the depression gnawed at his soul even here. One of his earliest memories was being pulled away from this place by Dad after meeting a group of unfamiliar faces. Now it stank of wolves. The ribs underneath his shifting skin made him look like a soon-to-be foof thief, though really he was anything but. Caerus moved carelessly past the border with his head hung low, too far removed from reality to stop himself.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris had been near when Caerus had trespassed and had was presently inspecting the stale badger-scent. He had caught the movement from the corner of his eye, and slowly he lifted his head as he watched the stranger meander into his packlands. 

He barked sharply to alert the stranger, a warning: you've trespassed, and set off to meet him with a stiff-legged clip.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
oh, He breathed quietly to himself as he watched the stranger approach, cherry gaze dancing curiously across his strong figure before returning to his chiseled face. Caerus was not eager to flee yet. He simply stood frozen like a brick wall, expression unreadable as he looked upon the young man before him. this place was empty before. He pointed out in an obvious manner.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
As he approached, Osiris wondered if Mal had told his pack about Moonspear was taking the glen; Neverwinter's scent was noticeable. "Yes," he agreed, stilling once he was at a conversational distance. Osiris would give Caerus a chance to realize what he'd done before escalating. "We've recently claimed this glen, so our borders might not be as strong as the others, so I can understand the mistake." Standing tall, he waited for the stranger's reply.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
okay. Caerus mumbled with a single nod. He was already a skinny little thing, but the way Osiris was built, and the strength of his behavior, made Caerus feel even smaller. Anyways. Osiris hadn't told him to leave yet, and there was something intriguing about new company- thus the boy made no move to turn around yet, and would much rather distract himself from his aloneness with small talk. what's your name? are you the leader?
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Caerus acknowledged had been said but did not turn to leave. Instead, he asked a question, and Osiris was happy to provide his neighbor some information—especially if he'd be willing to spread the message along to the rest of his pack. "I'm Osiris," he said in introduction with a dip of his head, "And, yes, I'm the leader here." 

"Whats your name?"
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Osiris. that's cool. He murmured in response to the man's affirmation that he was in charge. How did one become a leader, anyways? Momentarily he considered that he should ask dad sometime. i'm caerus. um, mal's son, if you've met him? He wasn't sure. Didn't know if his dad knew this guy, but they were so close that he thought maybe they should meet, if they hadn't already... at least he could give Mal some information when he got home, if he didn't already know about it.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"I haven't," Osiris replied, storing away the valuable information: Caerus, Mal's son—got it. "But I should," he said, mostly for his own sake; even though Hydra had told Mal of their intentions, Osiris did owe Mal a visit. "I've met Simmik, though," he added for good measure. 

"I'm the son of Dirge and Hydra, by the way," he offered offhandedly, realizing that they had something in common.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Oh, so they hadn't met- but he had met Simmik. Something like a half smile touched Caerus' face, she's a friend of mine. It was obvious that he ought to know her, being Neverwinter, but Simmik had taught him about hunting and caches too. She was a good companion. Dirge and Hydra- the names were not ones he could identify to faces, though he thought maybe he'd heard dad mention them before- wasn't truly sure. are your parents okay with you living away from home? or they're gonna live with you, too? Caerus had imagined Osiris as an adult until he mentioned his parents- which put things into perspective, and made him wonder if he'd live away from Dad one day too. It was odd to think about; he wasn't sure if he was interested or not.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
It was nice to have a laid-back conversation with somebody from Neverwinter Forest; Caerus was pleasent company. "She was very helpful when I met her," he said, remembering their short conversation. "I hope she's doing well," he added, genuinely wishing nothing but goodness for the snow-furred Beta. 

"No, they're not coming with me," he answered, shaking his head. "They're still leading Moonspear—I've taken a few friends from the pack to expand our claim. They were the ones that came up the idea of me claiming the glen for them," he explained.
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Helpful was a word that described Simmik well. Caerus wished he could inform Osiris about her wellbeing- but he had not spoken to her in much more than little words since Cupid's passing. He knew he had to start socializing and eating again... but it was hard. He listened while the man explained that they weren't coming with them. won't you miss them? Caerus wondered with a small frown. He had grown up with an independent streak, but now with his recent loss, his attachment to family was all the greater. Firefly Glen and Moonspear were close, but Caerus wasn't the best for sound logic right now.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Caerus's question was valid. "No, I won't," Osiris replied honestly. "I don't think I'll have much of a chance to, honestly," his said with a laugh, his tone tongue-in-cheek. "They're right next door, and we agreed that there would be no borders between our packs—we'll all be able to visit eachother whenever."
208 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
wrap w ur post maybe? thanks for the speedy thread :D

Caerus' eyes widened slightly when Osiris said he wouldn't miss his parents, though the words following eased his concern. oh- that makes sense. He commented, and forced a short laugh. well- i hope things go well for you, i guess. it was cool meeting you osiris. If the man didn't have anything else to say, the skinny boy would offer a wave of his tail before turning to head home to Neverwinter.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Yeah! Thank you, too! I hope they can meet again soon!

Just as quickly as Caerus had stumbled upon the glen, he was ready to leave. "Nice to meet you too, Caerus," Osiris replied, and he meant it. He offered a brief grin as the yearling turned to retreat, and he was left to his own devices once more. Once Caerus was gone, Osiris resumed his patrol, where he had left off. He was glad to have another positive interaction with their neighbors, and his opinion of them was growing more optimistic; he would prioritize meeting Mal in the coming days.