Lone Star Mountain see in the dark
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Arbiter recognized that the man wasn't totally guilty -- but maybe not totally innocent either, given the damage he'd done. She listened with one ear as she started to carefully lick the wounds, just getting off the worst of the grime to get a better look. Kaertok should have just dropped dead, it would have been easier on her family. No loose ends. 

She couldn't blame Vex for being angry though. The whole thing was wildly bizarre. But right now the best thing was to get the hell out of here and get home. Arbiter nuzzled her daughter, nudging her a little as she tried to figure out how to best hoist the girl when her scruff was thoroughly thrashed. Save it for if he's lying and I'll be there beside you, but I need your help now, Vex. Well, she didn't really, that was a partial lie, she could manage on her own but it would be easier with her son assisting -- and probably easier on Haunt. We need to bring her home. She crouched to try and wedge her muzzle underneath and start trying to load her onto her back. It was about the only  thing she could think of since they were rather lacking in the thumbs department. The strange trio's departure was far less important than getting her children safely home.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
the wayward son
123 Posts
Ooc — delaney
i'm just going to go ahead and wrap this up with my post. <3

vex was glad when the strangers left even though there was a stab of feeling like he was denied vengeance owed on haunt’s behalf. he wants to give chase but reigns in his wilder urges. it was clear his do-as-i-please got haunt into this mess in the first place and currently shouldering the burden of guilt puts into a brief perspective of right and wrong ( which unfortunately would be discarded as soon as haunt got better, apparently ). ok! spoken like the petulant child he was and quieter yet ok.

haunt was the most important thing right now: transporting her as safely as they could back to legion’s borders shifts to his priority.

with some effort and clever maneuvering, vex does his best to help get haunt draped over their mother’s back and when the duo finally finagles it he stays close, giving warning anytime it looked like haunt’s weight was shifting; but mostly left to stew in his own guilt over this whole fiasco, providing arbiter didn't give him another ( yet deserved ) tongue lashing.