Hideaway Strath held him down, broke his neck
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
hoping one of the saints can join! @Kynareth Deagon mayhaps?

There’s something here that wasn’t before. Wolves, a group of them. The King stood outside the entrance, and stared into the forest beyond.

He breathed in the air. They’re not stray Firebirds. The scent was new, unfamiliar. Who had joined their little pocket of the world? Cenric lifted his head and called for them.
closed for threads
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Cameo for now :eyes:

Uneasy was a broad term and yet it encompassed how she felt with these Saints lingering so near to her home; as the Valkyrie was not one to shy away from the uncomfortable or unknown, she had decided early on in the evening that she would go and gather information on them. From near or far, she hadn't yet decided but with a short howl to let @Dirge and @Hydra know where she'd gone — and that she was going alone — she had set off on her self-appointed mission.

As she had not wanted to alert them to the hidden path that she, Dirge, and Desdemona had taken before, Keres had ventured up and around the mountain range to make her way into the hinterlands. After a nap earlier on in the morning, she finally drew near the strath now, pausing when she could spy someone near the opening to the valley. A red-coated wolf who lingered; whether is was of the Saints, Keres was not yet sure but the way he stood there, she figured maybe not.

Laying low among the sweep's trees and foliage, Keres would lie in wait, watching and listening with the intent to learn what she could from doing so.
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra will come too :D 

A howl. A strange one at that. 
With a low grumble, the Shieldmaiden made her way to the entrance of the Strath, seeing the russet-brown male - the one she assumed called. And there was another scent, she noticed without pause, though the owner if it was out of sight. 

The massive woman stopped about a wolf's length from the brown stranger, tilting her head a little "This is the home of the Saints. I am Nyra. What brings you to our borders?" Her tone was curious more than anything.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong but I do belive Don and Cenric met once haha. If my memory serves me right. Unless it was a different Kingslender lol. So I will be referencing that in this post.

Padding towards the rushing river that rips through their new territory, he’s interrupted by a howl — an unfamiliar one. He tenses, he’s very much too on edge in their new territory. After all, new territory could mean new threats. Someone smart enough would stay on their toes until they establish their pack scent more concretely. Still, this tense feeling does not stop him from answering this call, he is brave after all, an alpha of sorts.

So making his way downtown, walking fast (LOLL), he slows when he spots the stark paleness of his Paladin’s coat against the soft backdrop of the trees and grass. Though she is not alone, he hardly catches the tail end of her words as he trots casually up to the pair.

Golden orbs shoot to the male of both dark and light tones of coffee, though the longer he stares — and trust me, he stares — the more he recognizes him. Then a light bulb goes off and an interested smile curls at his dark lips.

“Ah, it’s you!” The Grandmaster exclaims pleasantly. “Please excuse me, but can’t quite remember your name. Have you found your missing brother yet?” He asks with the slightest tilt of his head. It is a genuine question and not at all said in a teasing manner. Overall his first appearance seeming rather friendly.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A forest that was once blessed the the Déorwine’s presence was now overrun with unholy creatures.

First comes a woman draped in white. She reminded Cenric of the witch that once roamed their kingdom, only she was much larger. An unholy beast, he thought. He had to swallow down his bile and smile.

The Saints. He’s heard the name before, but he couldn’t quite remember where at that moment. Rather than ponder silently, he answered her questions. Greetings Nyra. I am Cenric Déorwine. I’ve come to greet you all. You see-

He’s cut off by a familiar face. It was then when he realized where he had heard of the Saints.

Donovan, he greeted with a smile. Unlike him, he could never forget a name, especially one belonging to such a peculiar man. They’d spoken briefly  about his missing brother before. Speaking of which...

Ah, we have, thanks for asking. He’s safe with us now. But that wasn’t why he came. I didn’t know your lot was staying in these woods. I swear it’d been uninhabited the month prior.
closed for threads
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
This stranger seemed...rather displeased as she approached.
Not that Nyra was truly wounded by the almost sickly-ill look in his eyes, he wasn't a Saint, nor was he a wolf she had met before...and therefore, couldn't really give a shit about, opinion-wise. 

But, he was being pleasant as he introduced himself, and got cut off as her Grandmaster approached, so, she would do the same.

Or...try to, at least. Her track record for being civil with outsiders, or even other packs, was...messy, if not chaotic. One minute she could be cooperative and gentle - the next, she could be going for your throat with the intent to kill. 

Pleasantries exchanged, Nyra decided to stay silent and allow Donovan to lead their conversation.
Health (100/100)
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Cenric always seemed to disappear at times, but couldn't say much, for she had done the same. Though he always ended up doing something, then take a pleasure trip; she was only vaguely aware he would meet some particular individuals, and off-handedly mention it on a later day. So when the King smelled her brother wandering away from their holy forest, she held a curious snile, and decided to follow in the distance.

Though upon tracing his scent, she couldn't help be raise a brow to even more surrounding their old retreat. It was familiar, like the one they smelled upon Kendrick when the royal family had reunited, but now long has it been gone, and nearly she had forgotten. Though surely that was at the mountain, was it not?

Upon hearing voices, Célnes continued further into, before coming out of the shadows and being greeted by quite a few. Her fire-lit eyes in particular, took notice to the unholy. White as snow, and just as unblessed as the three within the old home. Then there was the man, he too adorned the white with black stripes.. 

Interesting she thought, while coming up to her brothers side, "We have neighbors?" a small vixenous laughter.

big whoops on forgetting to delete some wip paragraphs

[Image: daypp44-35fafcf4-5681-4f2b-ade7-060f2833...UH7g592rRs]
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan stands tall but not intimidatingly so, not even in a prideful way. More in a type of casual way, shifting his weight from side or side occasionally. “Please, call me Kynareth — Donovan is my middle name.” He hums the lie easily enough for one with little information on the half-breed to actually know, but continues on anyway. “That’s good to hear.” Is his next comment referencing the man’s brother. “But yes, we only just moved in and plan on making this our home for the winter. I’m still unsure of whether or not we’ll go back when the land thaws.” A careless shrug then as he closes the space between the two — a comfortable couple meters or so away — only to be surprised when another appears. 

This one is slightly different, but of the same chocolate browns and earthly tints of the Cenric. They vaguely look alike, is a thought that passes through his mind as his eyes flick between the two. Still he spares no expense, offering an easy smile to her as well. “You do. Nice to meet you. Name’s Kynareth; one of two alphas of the Saints.” He introduces with a curt nod in her direction. He’s in a good mood today, so might as well be polite with his old acquaintance and his company.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
wc: 257

Donovan, no, Kynareth informs him of their departure from their home. Now their domain would be here, at least for the time being. The decision was still up in the air. Cenric had a few questions, all would be asked later.

His sister’s arrival was sudden and unexpected, but welcome nontheless. Cenric didn’t know what to call the feeling white wolves gave him. Wariness, disgust, rage. They all make up part of this feeling, but using just one to label the whole thing didn’t do it justice. It shall remain unnamed. 

He gave Célnes a nod. He did not need to follow her gaze to know what she was looking at. It’s the beast of course. Most Déorwine gawked at the unholy, whether they realized that or not. They’re a horrible accident you can’t pry your eyes away from.

His eyes were back on the wolfdog as soon as they left them. I see. Disaster hasn’t struck your home I hope? He was reminded of the floods that plagued the lands not too long ago. It’d affected most of the taiga. If their pack lived anywhere near it, they probably met the same fate as Whitebark. 

You’ve chosen a decent place to stay. Very secluded, prey is plentiful... then he added with a hint of disappointment ...but there are the Firebirds of course. Their leader was already displeased by Kingslend on their hunting grounds. How would she react if she knew the Saints were at her doorstep. It’s potential chaos he’d like to watch at a distance.
closed for threads
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
At this point, Nyra definitely knew she was being stared at with distaste and it was making her patience dwindle to a dangerously low level. Though these strangers on their doorstep were civil with their words, their looks in her direction were very different and she had had enough. 

"Let's cut the niceties for a second. You and your fellow packmate have come to our doorstep. And though you are civil with your words - I'm not blind to the both of you staring at me. So, if you have an issue with me I would like to know why." 

Her words weren't said with malice or any similar emotion, surprisingly. The Paladin knew the situation her pack was in and therefore kept her tone as level and calm as possible. Hopefully new enemies weren't made today, especially with her speaking up.
Health (100/100)
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"I am Celnes Deorwine, one of the Kings of Kingslend along side my brother, Cenric. It's a pleasure, Donovan." A courteous smile and a politeful tone, she was the ideal woman of a kind persona, and prided herself of this look. Rarely did the elk share her true feelings and thoughts, hiding behind a mask of nobility, while her brother did the same in the more stoic-looking façade, but he too, often held that of a model-smile. They were alike, in colors and similarly, how they presented themselves.

"We had stayed here a while back as well." She nodded to Cenric's words, agreeing the plentiful resources, and the safety that there was. While they had only stayed for a few days, it was still plenty enough to gain a general understanding of the inside land, "though we are neighbors to another, and now greeting even more." She dare not share their little fiasco with the bird-folk wolves, but mentioned it alongside side her brother. 

Surprisingly though, harsh words were rung in the air. It was toned to be calm, but what was said would only be saw as in malice, as Célnes saw as so. Their other sibling, Kendrick, long ago ran with the Saints, and surprisingly, here they were. She had not thought too far into his opinion of 'barbarians' to put it simply, as not formally meeting so. She remembered as well he described the first meeting with them, having many enemies...

The King could guess why; it was because of this woman.

Celnes only had momentarily glanced at her, not even a glare, or a narrowed look, everything was just with a smile, "I'm not sure what you mean?" she tilted her head, "I do not know what brought these rather harsh words, we only were curious on who was next door. The scents are too fresh to officially tell if it is marked, and we only wished to greet so. We are only curious, on what is not normally around these parts." Calm and poised, her words expressed in a way of confusion, and as well as pointily so, on questioning why Nyra seemed so aggressive to them so. After all, they all just met.

Fire-lit eyes glanced toward the leader, seeing if he would say something on the matter.

384 word count.

1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan absentmindedly smiles while he’s distracted by Cenric’s words. Though when he suggests a disaster in their previous land he shakes his head side to side in a polite no. “No, it’s another pack. We’re at odds with them and I wanted to gather my numbers, make a plan, then attack when we’re ready.” He comments casually, as if he isn’t planning for a war. 

Onto the next subject though. “But yes, a pack mate of mine suggested this area. I rather like it. For all the reasons you listed and many more.” Then he scoffs comically, not to be disrespectful to the Deorwines, but in regards to the threat of the pack he smelt up north when they passed through. “I’m not afraid of them. You shouldn’t be either.” He hums with pride and a charming smirk, a small compliment to the Deer pack even though he doesn’t quite know them too well aside from Cenric’s and his brief meeting. He almost wants to tease the fact that these so called Firebirds are probably just another weak minded pack of these odd lands even though he hasn’t quite met them yet. Though the only reason Kynareth has even an ounce of respect for these the two before him is due to his current opinion of Cenric — he seems like he could be a strong leader, but not a weak one. Yet they will have to see.

Then when his Paladin speaks, Kynareth’s moderately surprised by her fighting words, but rather soft tone. True Kyn noticed the hardly there flick of an interested gaze of the two to Nyra, but he doesn’t think it requires much note. Perhaps they’ve never seen a white wolf as big and powerful as she. For when others look upon the Grandmaster in disgust or anger he swells with pride. He couldn’t give a rats ass what others think of him and soon enough Nyra will learn that as well.

So he doesn’t even have time to respond to Nyra’s words when the female Déorwine speaks once more. Introducing herself as Cenric’s sister he nods in realization — they do kind of look alike. Though his brows are furrowed from Nyra’s sudden words to their new neighbors he still listens intently. Especially when Célnes questions exactly why Nyra called them out like that.

“I see. Well, my apologies, Célnes.” He hums in light distain. Not to Célnes, but to Nyra for once. 

So he languidly inches towards Nyra, making himself tall and bumping his chest to her shoulder. His boxy muzzle wrinkling slightly at her and his teeth show just a pinch. He wants just an ounce of submission from her from talking out of turn when they’re trying to keep everything on the D.L.. When for once their neighbors are being slightly fair to them and so he shall be fair back. Though he demands submission, he doesn’t desire to demean her in front of their company, for even the lowering of her head or the aversion of her eyes would be good enough for the alpha. 

If she shows submission, he will easily and quickly back off. Taking a few steps away from her before looking back to his company. “Well, I am happy to be a fair neighbor as long as you are.” He hums as if he didn’t have to just check his own subordinate. He hopes the fact that he checks her will have them realize that he does have some type of respect for the two before him.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
wc: 247

Mother Nature did not drive them out, rather the forces of their own kind. Who was at fault remained unknown, but that did not matter. It’s the fact that they’re seemingly at war is what concerned him. Had the Saints brought conflict into the hinterlands? Time will tell. Whether they have or have not, Kingslend would keep out of it.

Kynareth’s assumption made him chuckle. We do not fear them. We merely wish to avoid conflict. The relationship between them and the Firebirds was paper thin. There was no need to cut that thread just yet.

The beast had been silent thus far, but it didn’t stay that way for long. She chimed in out of nowhere, and Cenric was taken aback by her claim. They had looked at her, yes. Célnes did so with a smile, while he had been stoic. Their gazes did not betray their thoughts. The King gave her a quizzical look as his sister spoke. 

Luckily for them, Kynareth did not buy into her wild assumption. He gave her a silent warning, which pleased the Déorwine. Cenric could admire his ability to keep his subordinate in line, especially one of her background.

Of course, he hummed when the display was finished. We are civil folk. I can’t say the same for those Firebirds. An exaggeration at best. I suggest you stay out of their hair and worry about your own. Wouldn’t want to start another battle in the midst of war, hm?
closed for threads
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Speaking up in the manner she did proved to do very little in terms of adding to her personal image the way she might've wanted.  
As the female spoke up, Nyra snorted softly, but sharply. 
Then when her Lord rose taller, invading her space with a silent warning - Nyra felt hot embarrassment as she averted her gaze from his and lowered her head so it was below his own. 

Thankfully as she did so Kynareth backed off just as fast.

Flattening her ears, Nyra took a small step forward. It would be best if she tried to clear the air now instead of attempting the same thing later. At least...she thought so.

"I've been tense and paranoid since we moved, but...that isn't any excuse to behave so aggressively towards our neighbors. Especially those who have taken the time to visit and say hello. I offer my sincerest apologies for my sudden outburst and hostility." All this was said with softness, while her head was still lowered and her golden inferno gaze averted. She meant it, but truthfully she wasn't sure what to expect, especially after apologizing so quickly post-outburst. 
Ever still, she felt like an idiot.
Health (100/100)
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
Likewise, she was pleased on how the man handled his underlings. This woman reminded her of Rohesia- hotheaded and tempered, maybe she was just as thirsty for rank as her cousin was. The difference was however, she was more controlled, falling into a more submissive lineage then the demise of the reddened Deorwine. Nonetheless, her thoughts on the new neighbors.. Were not as pleasant.

"We are all a bit tense here. Though surely we should get along as neighbors." She nodded and accepted Donovan's apology with a soft smile to his direction, but more only softly gavea nod to Nyra. It was neither accepting, nor rejecting the white womans words, only simply acknowledging what was spoken.

1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
We can start wrapping this up this next round if y’all want! :D

Kynareth’s almost chuckles at the handsome man’s words. He wouldn’t call the Saints civil but if they want to use that word as a description of their own pack then he wouldn’t stop them. Though he does agree to his statement of keeping to their own. Which is what he is planning on doing anyhow, but really only time can tell. 

So he nods once to Cenric, a curt movement. “I agree.” Then he’s gazing to Nyra as she politely apologizes. He offers a smile to the pale woman as his own apology for having to correct her in front of their company, but sometimes it just has to happen. Though it seems they have moderately accepted the apology, it seems the female Déorwine seems indifferent about it. To which Donovan can’t really blame her. 

“It seems that way.” He hums back regarding Célnes’ comment about being on edge. “I’d hope so. You seem like an interesting lot. Perhaps we could go on a hunt together sometime.” He offers casually and his golden orbs flick to Cenric as well.
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
sorry about the wait!

Kynareth’s agreement puts the King at ease somewhat. He wouldn’t have to worry about blood being shed in his backyard. Hopefully it’d stay that way.

His subordinate’s quick apology appeased him even more. She’s still a beast in his eyes, but a caged one.

A hunt sounds lovely. We’ll give a call if we find something worthwhile. Cenric turned to his sister and gave a nod. Shall we be going?
closed for threads
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Though the female seemed indifferent to Nyra's apology, her twin brother seemed more appeased. The Shieldmaiden couldn't really blame Celnes either, even without knowing of their lineage, culture and the High Elk they worshipped. 
Being unable to read minds and such, Nyra could only assume maybe Celnes wasn't ready...or even willing, to fully accept her apology. Sure, she acknowledged that Nyra said something, but nothing more than that. 
Oh well.
Glancing briefly to Donovan, she caught his smile, the silent apology he slid her way for having to correct her.
Meeting his eyes with her own for a split moment she offered him an equally silent message of I understand. No hard feelings before averting her gaze again out of respect, back to the Deorwine siblings. 

"Safe travels to you both." The Shieldmaiden responded, giving a light dip of her nose to Celnes and Cenric before she looked to Kynareth, pausing for a moment before beginning to depart for a patrol.
Health (100/100)
366 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Away
"Perhaps one day we can collaborate on a pack-hunt." She mused on the thought as he mentioned hunting together, though the King was curious on who else was within these lands. For they held a cursed being like Nyra, was there more of the bunch? Seeing little to none of the rest, she mentioned so to gauge more of who they were itself.

With a farwell nod, Célnes smiled at the two before turning away alongside her brother.

1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He smiles charmingly to the siblings. “Farewell you two.” He hums his goodbye casually before turning to Nyra. Her single nod of acknowledgment tell him that she too is taking her leave. He wastes no time in giving her his own silent one back. They go their separate ways with Donovan wondering just how he got such hot neighbors that also happened to be siblings. This should be fun.