Redtail Rise Rat queen
102 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Limit Two 
Attn: @Astraeus. Forward-dated to 10/26 to account for travel time.

Crunch. That was the sound made when Draper bit down on the mouse he had caught. It had been a fat one, and the coyote licked his lips, smearing a bit of blood on his muzzle in the process. He scanned the immediate area, always alert in case somebody decided to ambush him. Having lived primarily on his own for so long, he was used to the quiet hum of anxiety that hung over his head.

Satisfied that nobody was out to get him in the next moment, he set his sights on the next scent trail, a small critter of some sort, and hopefully something that would keep him going to the next.
Bramblepoint

[Image: coyote.png]
player preferences
an omnipotent society of youth
144 Posts
Ooc —
for ref he misses his attack next post tho i didn't include it, also ok w pp to move this along 

Fashioner of dreams forgets to wrap Astraeus betwixt his idyllic arms; his lashes fanlike, and eyes felt as if they were filed down with sandpaper. He had no idea anger weighs stone-laden in his lungs and loins. So much so that Morpheus mistakes him for pewter (or a peculiar stone) that he passes by without as much as a cant of his glance. Further, further he meanders on the rise and further, further does he alienate from his vati and lead astray to 

Condor,
a memr'y best left obsolete, a thing best left pockmarked by anyone's teeth! He does not see the patriarch of the featherwind, but the taut, grotesque form of his tainter in the distance, the same rise where he'd been snatched away and; and ruined!

"I told you to leave!"
 half-rasps, half-screeches, half-hiccups, all fumbling over his tongue and clutching in his breath was his failing heart, "you — I hate you!" ( i won't let you eat ) "and I have to k-kill you because .. because!" ( i won't let you sleep ) "because I keep my promises! I keep promises unlike my vati!" anywhere else, die anywhere else!
102 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Lemme know if I need to change anything! I wrote as if Astraeus is still approaching/about to make impact. ^__^

He'd lost the trail somewhere in the still-struggling brush. It looked like there had been a somewhat-recent fire here, though things were starting to grow back. Draper frowned, deciding it probably wasn't worth heading higher up. At those altitudes, it was even harder for things to grow, and prey tended to follow the greenery. He was about two steps into his descent when he spotted the wolf barreling toward him.

Draper didn't have time to catalogue the attacker's appearance before he was screaming incoherent things. Oh boy, Draper thought, bracing himself for inevitable impact. There was only one clear path down from where he was, and one very angry obstacle. He didn't have much of a choice but to defend himself.

Whenever the stranger made impact, Draper would do his best to mitigate his own injuries and inflict whatever injuries he needed to in order to remove himself from the situation. Survival was far more important than victory.
Bramblepoint

player preferences
144 Posts
Ooc —
Luckily for the candid, Astraeus was no wartorn veteran — just a lad with a tommyrot mind. Teeth flew but found no purchase on the pelage of the innocent. The claymore darts past, panting heavily from his last outburst. Tch! He hadn't paid any mind to the fact that Condor now had the musk of a man, his grudges flew without abandon.
Growling and making use of his glassy eye & co., Astraeus lunges again, snapping fervently for their hocks; whether they fleed or not.

wc: 84
102 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The sensation of teeth on his skin was never pleasant, and even less so when Draper felt this wolf had no reason to attack him. Some wolves were just straight-up assholes. Unfortunately, that seemed to be the case most of the time. He attempted to wrench his leg free from the boy's mouth, Draper winced at the pain, feeling his skin rip and tear as he did so. There would be blood, though Draper was confident he could get through this alive.

With the boy's snout still latched to his leg, Draper bent his body around so his face met his opponent's. With a vicious snarl and an open jaw, he aimed for his head, thinking it might be nice if this particular asshole had one less ear to live with.
Bramblepoint

player preferences
144 Posts
Ooc —
He most definitely was not expecting the man to whip around on him. It was like getting a cold splash of toilet water to butthole after finishing the deed. 

Dead, dead as hell.

A sharp yelp of something unknowingly hugged close to his heart in the hopes of going back, something childlike, the cry of the boy pierced the air around them. Tearing himself from Draper as quickly as he could, the top of his ear was near tattered and almost flailing wildly. Astraeus bears his teeth and relinquishes the tears that pooled in his eyes. 

He started for Draper again, but again, his teeth caught air.
102 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Up to you if Astraeus wants to catch up to him! You should be able to use this for a trade thread at least. ^__^

Draper knew better than to stick around in a fight once he had the upper hand. The taste of wolf blood was never one that he wanted, and yet it was often his path to freedom, to life. Today, Draper would take that path, jerking back when the wolf attempted another attack. As quickly as his legs would move him, Draper sought to put distance between himself and the crazed canine who had it out for him for no good reason. If there was a good reason, Draper hadn't even been given a chance to hear it. He certainly wasn't going to stick around now.

He did not look back as he sprinted away, away, away from his opponent, knowing that doing as much would slow him down. He may not have had the weight or strength of a wolf, but he liked to think that he made up for it in speed. Draper's heart raced and his muscles expanded and contracted as fast as his body would let them. The world was a blur as he ventured forth, thinking only that this life was cruel and unfair. But what choice did he have? Draper's life had been filled with moments like these, but so far, no alternative had been presented to him.
Bramblepoint

player preferences
144 Posts
Ooc —
he's just gonna chase but he wont catch up! <3

Grouse hunting he could not find worth in, maybe
but he knew the aftertaste of metal, the tinny of a muted pulse; 

as Draper retreated the virgin clay decided he would pursue him until he was out of his sight, for good. The wind whipped his slight shorn ear, but he could stand the pain if it meant getting his rage used up in a foot race he wouldn't win.
get the tail the tail the tail!
— but then the cowbird's faltered over a stone that was in his vulnerable line of sight as the boy toppled with the dust settling overhead.
102 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Running, running, running.

The coyote did not look back until he had exhausted his heart, his legs, and his lungs. Only then did Draper begin to slow, glancing over his shoulder. The wolf was nowhere to be found, and for that, he was thankful. The rest of the day would be spent resting, tending to his wounds, and remaining on high alert. This particular wolf had been murderous for no apparent reason, and Draper did not wish to meet him again.

Every rustle of leaves startled him, causing his wounds to ache, but eventually he would settle into a fitful sleep, far away from the psychopath.
Bramblepoint

player preferences
144 Posts
Ooc —
Blinking from the specks in his eye, he watches the coyote's retreat. Luckily for them, if they ever chanced upon each other trapeezing across the crimson, fraying strands of fate Astraeus wouldn't remember them. Only the putrid breath of Condor and their triad.

Once they had gone, he would return to the peak and nurse his ear and pride somehow.