Neverwinter Forest it's gonna look like mud
166 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

It'd been slow, recently. Quiet. Which was a pretty good thing, considering how bad things had been recently. A little peace and quiet certainly wouldn't hurt anyone, and Lenny couldn't help but feel selfishly happy that Yao was back. She hadn't been as affected personally by the tragedies inflicting their pack as most of the others, though she had felt some personal responsibility in her inability to protect her packmates. 

After her talk with Kyr, she'd felt a little less guilty, but it hadn't fully eased her conscience. 

Which was why she'd been so adamant about her patrols recently. Watching the borders, defending the pack. Remaining inside the territory. Honestly, she couldn't even remember the last time she'd set foot outside Neverwinter's borders. 

Lenny paused at the edge of the forest, looking out over the fields.
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
First, she seeks the one wolf she knows from Mal's suggestions, though she only knows the girl in passing. Still, it's a connection, and one she intends to build upon. Valencia has been in the pack for quite some time, and Mal seems to trust her — which is good enough for now.
It takes some time to find her, standing at the edge of the territory like a stone guardian of the forest. An appreciative smile curves Aibreann's lips as she approaches. Hello, Valencia — do you prefer Lenny? She pauses only a few moments for a response. I will be blunt, though I understand this may seem sudden: I'm seeking mentors for my children, and you were among the wolves Mal recommended to me. I believe I already know which of my children would benefit most from your instruction — it's simply a matter of whether you're interested. It will not be an easy task, and I won't hold it against you if you decline. Another pause, far shorter this time; she knows she tends toward lengthy speeches, and it's only fair to give a moment to take it all in. Studying the woman carefully, she continues. If you're interested, I can tell you more about what I have in mind.
166 Posts
Ooc —
Lenny hadn't stopped for very long before she's interrupted. The guardian recognized the woman only in passing - she was the healer, Aibreann, if she remembered correctly. They hadn't interacted much, but with those markings it'd be difficult to miss her.

"Lenny, please," she responded with an easy wag of her tail and a smile on her maw as she turned toward her packmate.

Aibreann wastes no time in getting to the point. Lenny couldn't help but feel like it was a little out of the blue, though there was a certain warmth in her chest that she would be trusted to mentor one of the children.

But that opened up another whole can of worms right there. What could she mentor anyone in? "I... it'd be an honor," she said truthfully, an eyebrow raising as she poised her next question. "What would I be mentoring him in, exactly?"
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
Yes, she likes this woman — Lenny, she repeats to herself, still struggling with her old habit of using full names. Her enthusiasm is already showing, and Aibreann finds herself hopeful that the attitude shown here will rub off on Ciarán. I appreciate your enthusiasm, Lenny, She dips her head slightly, then continues. My son, Ciarán, is an eager and excitable child — but directionless so far, lacking any deep interests. Not an uncommon problem for one so young, but the rest of my children will be mentored according to their interests. I'm sure you can see the issue in him having none. From what I've seen of you and what Mal has said, I think you may be the right wolf to introduce him to what the world has to offer. Mal and I will of course be teaching all of our children the basics, but I believe having an individual mentor to teach the finer details they'll need is beneficial for every child. But surely Lenny is eager to know what exactly is being asked of her — To put it simply, I would like you to take Ciarán out at your convenience and show him the things you wish you had known about the world at his age, and anything else that may help prepare him for adulthood or spark his curiosity. How much time you commit to this and how long you mentor him will be left to your discretion; I would not want to bind either of you to the arrangement for longer than wanted or needed.