Moonspear the earth sings
5 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
the afternoon; chilling. breath draws from betwixt his lips in writhing plumes of steam; evaporating as with each intake of frosted air. there is a cleanness in the air here, as the land climbs above sealevel. plenty of raids the seafarers conducted took grimfrost into varying landscapes: rolling knolls, woodlands watched by twinravens, steep mountains and deep vales.
the absence of salttang will cease to be missed soon; the longer he is from the sea whom watched as he was birthed within the bowels of the cave his mother had made her birthing nest.
perhaps hoping; hoping she would rise and drown him in her cold, salty and unforgiving bosom.

drawing nearer to pack borders he stops, nostrils flaring to draw in their scent. numerous. strong. winter was nigh upon them and if he hopes to survive he knows he must throw his lot in with those established in these foreign lands.
so much remains unknown — for there is only so much he can deduce from scents alone; so grimfrost tips his head back and announces his presence upon the borders and with it, his interest.
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
It was cold now. The seasons were changing, wolves were leaving to make their own pack, Mintaka and her siblings were getting older. The silver girl had still not dared to go outside the borders on her own, but she did toe the line from time to time, wondering just how far she could get. But she was good now - hopefully enough to make Hydra proud.

She was close enough to the borders to hear the howl, ears perking up with interest of her own. Who would come calling at Moonspear's borders like that? Maybe a new member?

Emboldened, the silver Ostrega padded toward the border, pausing momentarily at the sight of the stranger. A boy, older than her.

"Halt, stranger! You're at the borders of Moonspear. State your business," she announced, hoping that she sounded half as intimidating as her mother. That was the act she was going for right now, even if her eyes still lit up with excitement because hello? Possible new friend!
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Down the mountain did she creep, following to the sound of a summons call. Though surprisingly, she was not the first- instead the little Princess of the mountain beat her to it. Desdemona saw the obvious, the desire to be like her mother with an intimidation to her voice, yet it only made the guard smile just for a moment, before continuing her lurk down.

Stoic, cold and calm as per' usual as she faced the stranger behind Mintaka- but remained silent. A nod to the wolf.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was not far from Mintaka, trailing her quietly. The matriarch, after seeing Figment, had planned on embarking on a brief trip... and thought perhaps she might take her silver daughter along with her. Meerkat had been the girls age when traveling with her own mother, and admittedly Hydra felt better about taking the girl with her along the way so as to better protect her while also letting her spread her wings to see what she could partake in when she was older, and better able to protect herself. Mintaka had also been behaving quite well, and for that, she deserved some sort of reward. 

Her daughters voice came to her ears, and realizing someone was near to the borders for her daughter to greet in such a way Hydra's stride lengthened. What she came across was a strong looking specimen, and Desdemona, too. Impressed with her daughter for her gumption and willingness to man the border, she did not remain long in the shadows. An expectant look was writ across her features, as though to say, you had best answer her.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
5 Posts
Ooc —
a child appears first; emboldened. young, but hardy. it draws grimfrost's amethyst gaze and a soft quirk of his lips; painting her as a young, stillgreen warrior. a second appears; a silent wraith. a third then, drawing nearer still. cloaked in a pelage of deep umbra, her posture strong and commanding of respect. hierarchy demands a strict order of which grimfrost is no stranger to and he shifts his posture; half-neutral and half-submissive.
he is before their borders, seeking hearth and home within their ranks.
moonspear, the child calls them. he understands the words, even if it takes him a moment to mentally gather together the proper translation; flipping and re-arranging words so they best make sense to him.

it has been some time since he's spoken common.
to join, grimfrost offers; words thick upon his tongue, accented. i am warrior. i am fisher. i am star guide. the words 'navigator' slips from his mind; his words choppy, lacking the elegance of even the little girl's before him ( though she is the only one thus far to speak ).
i am called grimfrost. though it has not been asked for any more than the skills he comes offering.
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
Desdemona and her mother were quick to join her at the border, which both made Mintaka feel safer and also a bit apprehensive. It was impossible for her to tell what her mother was thinking most of the time, but a quick check of her expression seemed like she wasn't immediately disappointed in her daughter, so Mintaka took it as a win.

Her tail swept behind her a few times, but she stilled it with monumental effort. This was exciting.

And then the boy spoke and Mintaka realized his eyes were purple. That was interesting, she thought absently, before he began listing his credentials. Nothing too interesting, up until that last bit.

"Star guide?" she emphasized, pale eyes widening as she leaned forward. How cool was that? Her mind immediately swam with ideas on what it could mean. Did he tell the stars where to go? Did they tell him? Could stars even talk?

Clearing her throat, she managed to stop herself from grilling the stranger on what he could've possibly meant by that. 

She turned her gaze toward Hydra, wondering what her mother would have to say about this guy - Grimfrost, he said his name was? In any case, it wouldn't be her say in whether he stayed or went, and she was sure Hydra had questions that Mintaka couldn't yet think of.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She too was curious on the definition of 'star guide.' As well as where this man has previously been, as all had noted to the beautifully amethyst eyes he has. Not too many wolves within the wilds hold the particular eyesight, not many that were native to the bear wilderness. A curious fellow, she thought.

Now two stand behind Mintaka, watching the male as they back up the child. Desdemona was still, watching with a cold look.

skippable!
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Warrior, fisher, starguide—the latter of which Hydra knew could mean many things. But to hear of her daughters interest in it caused her gaze to turn from him to her. Traces of her grandfather there, in her curiosity of the stars. Her gaze panned back to the foreigner, his accent thick and heavy. Perhaps he could teach her of his tongue; another language for her to better understand the world far beyond hers. 

Each could be of use here, she drawled to him, and to Mintaka as well she surmised and recalled, the stars are a guide for any traveler. A map of the seasons, too... after a beat, she sought confirmation: was that your meaning? For perhaps it was something else entire, and he himself was a guide for any who sought too know the stars, their names, their story. Hydra knew of some, but hardly all. Her bedtime stories had been the mythos of the stars, including their namesakes. I am Hydra, she introduced in turn, this is my daughter, Mintaka, gesturing to the silver cub, and my dear cousin, Desdemona. For the woman was family to her, and had been the moment she had come into her ranks.
5 Posts
Ooc —
the cub seems somewhat enthralled by the idea of him being a star guide — the best word he could draw upon to describe what he was ...despite leaving more possibilities than specifics. grimfrost peers down at her for a moment, amethyst gaze leaving the amazonian leader to offer the cub a firm nod and another small quirk of his lips.
perhaps if she was interested and if he earned a place among them, he could teach her.

his gaze doesn't linger long for the amazon queen speaks and draws his attention, claiming that they all could be of use to them. she explains the one of the several possibilities of what he means and it sounds right to grimfrost so he affirms her assumption with a sage nod and an accented já, and then realizes, correcting himself with yes.
grimfrost's gaze touches them each as the amazon, hydra she tells him her name as, introduces them all; noting with an interest that they are related — or so this is his assumption as she introduces the other woman as her cousin.
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
Okay, so, the stars really did guide people. That was the coolest thing in the whole world. Mintaka's icy eyes flicked from Grimfrost - which was an awesome name to go along with an awesome title like star guide - to her mother. Desdemona was standing behind them, silent and watchful.

This guy was awesome, hands down, and in Mintaka's opinion would be quite the asset to the pack with his stars and his purple eyes and cool name. Plus he could fish and fight, too, which were great and all, but not quite as cool as the fact that he knew where to go because the stars told him. Mintaka wondered briefly if she would ever be able to learn how to do that, too.

Be cool, Mintaka. Be cool, she told herself, taking a deep breath through her nose and looking back up at Hydra. "I... think I want to be a star guide, too," she said, gaze flicking back to Grimfrost for a moment before latching onto Hydra's ocean blue gaze. 

Can we keep him?
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
skippable from this point! unless directly talked to

Desdemona felt a little embarassed upon being called a cousin, and admittingly so, happy. However at the same time guilt seemed to wrap her so, feeling an undeserved remark that extended to the ranking she had gained over time. Thoughts before swelled on the matter, and the guard was silent.

Stoic, and calm, she watched on, but in reality was simply lost in her own mind, forgetting about the purple-eyed star-guide.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra nodded, satisfied by his answer. Feeling her daughters eyes, Hydra drawled, he did not say teacher, but if you behave, perhaps he might just teach you what he knows, without looking to her, eyes still upon the foreigner before her. Your skills as a warrior might be tested sooner rather than later. Not all is peaceful in these Wilds, she forewarned, speaking slowly now for his benefit. Hydra observed his features, seeking any recognition at all that might indicate he himself might be a spy sent by an enemy... or know anything of which she spoke of. And would he be willing to fight alongside them, so new to their family? It was important that he was to the matriarch, who would fight for and with any the moment they were of Moonspear (and soon, the Glen).
5 Posts
Ooc —
before grimfrost can answer the girl — that he was willing to pass along his knowledge — the amazon queen answers for him. knowledge was a big part of his culture; considering a deity gave his eye for knowledge. though grimfrost wishes to affirm that he will share what he knows with the girl, he hesitates; not wishing to step on her mother’s toes.

war. nothing about the prospect scares him. not even a little. to die in battle is the greatest accomplishment; a hope for any fighter of his people.

i fight with you. he vows firmly. perhaps it was not his war but if he was taken into their hearth and home: it would be.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
skipping just to get him in z ranks <3 Last from me!

Hydra nodded her head to him, satisfied with the answer then and there. And to her daughter, Hydra rumbled, I do not see why you should not pursue this, should it interest you, her eyes turning to her. Blue gaze turning back to Grimfrost now, Hydra hummed lowly, welcome Grimfrost. Desdemona—would you show him to the rendezvous...? she had matters to discuss with her daughter, such as the trip they might take together... and more on her latest interest too, she imagined.
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
Sorry for the holdup! Things got hella busy

No, he didn't say teacher out loud, but Mintaka could read between the lines on that one. This guy was gonna be one she'd pester quite a bit, she imagined, because she thought she might die if she couldn't learn to read the stars like he did. 

And, fortunately, she would get the chance. 

"Welcome to Moonspear!" she cheered, tail whipping back and forth so hard it thumped against her haunches. A bit of disappointment slowed it when Hydra told Desdemona to take him to the rendezvous instead of Mintaka, but she shook it off quickly, and simply waited for her mother.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
whoop didn't realize it was my turn
A nod from the silent guard, as she eventually snapped out of her daze and was listening silently toward the three. In the end, Grimfrost was accepted and said to fight with them- while he looked like a guard, there would be a day that would be tested. She nodded toward Hydra, a flicker of her tail as Desdemona motioned toward the mountain.

She expected him to follow.