the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Limit Two 
pre travel to firebirbs!

With the claim on the Glen settled and secured, Hydra found the time to head toward Mal's territory at last. With her daughter found and no other trouble immediately found within the past few days, there was still plenty to tell the dappled male from when last she had been there. Settling a comfortable distance away from his own borders, Hydra called for @Mal.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Plenty on both sides. At least this time Mal recognized the howl, and he wasn't too far away. Still, she wasn't exactly one he'd been expecting to see. He needed to go talk to the ones who were staying in the Glen, and he assumed she wouldn't be the next Moonspear or Moonspear-adjacent wolf he'd run into.

Still, he arrived before her in not-too-long, a dip of his head in greeting, I hope it's good news that brings you here this time. He might not be totally a bundle of cheer, but he was at least reasonably positive in tone. But really, have it not be spies. Or other doom and destruction. Look, Mal had enough of it really. I found out something you might be interested in knowing, too. But it couldn't be acted on immediately, obviously. So was she here for some important reason?
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris had trailed after Hydra once he recognized her trajectory towards Neverwinter Forest—after all, he'd been overdue to visit the woodland's Alpha. He hurried through the glen, thinking of Liliana and Caerus as he moved; maybe he'd see them both again today. 

Osiris stilled at Hydra's side as Mal spoke, and he silently greeted them both with a short nod of his head. He didn't want to interrupt, and it seemed as though their conversation had only just begun.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Mal, she greeted lowly, dipping her head while feeling pleased with his promptness. Oh? she asked, ears pricked with interest as she searched his features for any context clues. None, yet, and before she had the breath to seek further clarification Hydra heard the approach of another. Were his tread not so familiar to her, her reaction would have been entirely different... but as anticipated, it was her son came alongside her then, and Hydra was happy for his arrival. Mal, this is my son, Osiris, she introduced, Osiris, this is Mal, she drawled. Some time ago, Hydra had informed her children of Neverwinter Forest and Mal's status there. 

Where to start? I had wanted to come sooner, but my daughter had gone missing. Within the Glen, she expressed. As I mentioned to you, I had wanted to protect it further—and after that, there felt no better time to claim it so no wolf could be granted the opportunity to do so again. I had hoped to come sooner, but admittedly, my priority was seeking my daughter, she looked to him, her tone seeming to say in of itself, you understand. He was a father, was he not? So he must. He must understand that as parents, they did what it took to protect their brood.

It is Osiris who is at the helm. We come here with the good news that the Glen is claimed in full, well fortified and protected—and that Mira is home again. The wolf that kept her, dead, her tail swayed behind her, proud of each. Mal need not worry for his children coming to harm by the bitch who kept her, nor Saints skulking in the Glen any longer. I do have some... unfortunate news, though. The Saints are on the move, and if rumor is to be believed, and although Valour was a direct source, she was not sure how credible anything that came from the tongue of a Saint could be trusted... in any event, she continued, they will be settling outside of the Wilderness. Not within. Keep your eyes open, was the unspoken advisement. Mal had learned that much by now. No longer allied with Ursus, either. In fact, she hummed, looking to Mal, they want to take Ursus out. An interesting development, she felt. But she shared it all to hear Mal's own thoughts on the matter. And perhaps her own news would be linked with what he wished to share.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
I think this is after the Liliana thread? Or at least that's how I think it was gonna sit on timelines originally.

He looked to Osiris, We've met, he said with a dip of his head. We'll be vague about the rest though! At some point we'll have to have a nice chat when there's not so many other things going on. I know there's at least one person in my pack who'd really appreciate some reassurance of knowing who the neighbors are -- and I'm not talking about me. He said this with his usually kinda cheery way, but it was sort of serious. He wanted Cam to feel safe. But really, he felt it was something better done when Hydra wasn't breathing down her son's neck.

But Mal did know what she was talking about, more accurately than he'd wished. Good to hear she returned. Not that he knew she was missing, but you know what, could use some good news with finding lost children, I hope I'll have similar luck. My son has been missing for... far too long now. Another round of scouts are about to be sent farther afield. Give or take some timeline shenanigans. Mal didn't want to give up, but so far there had been a whole lot of nothing in return. Whatever had happened to Asmoses?

Were they considering actually allying with the Saints to get rid of Ursus? Hopefully not. After all, Mal had a thing or two to say... So onward, to the real news he had. Donovan -- or Kynareth, whatever the hell he's actually called -- admitted to being a rapist. The woman that he abducted wasn't just abducted. I can't say I'm surprised with all the other things we already knew. But between how they've treated my pack and that new bit of information, I think they want to be treated as actual enemies. Not that he was going to encourage the majority of his pack to go out of his way to attack them, but they were not to be trusted and quickly avoided if possible. He didn't trust them. Everywhere was unsafe.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"We have," Osiris acknowledged, dipping his head in turn. "I hope that you've been well since we last met." There was an inkling of apology in his tone, as he guessed that Liliana wasn't too pleased with the turn of events. 

When Hydra then summarized the wilderness's recent developments, Osiris stood at her side and listened. She'd already relayed all of the information to him, so he was not surprised by what was said. What did surprise Osiris was what Mal had to share. His ears lowered in acknowledgment, and a frown settled upon his lips; that was troubling. Despite his feelings, he stayed mum, for now, knowing that it wasn't the time for him to speak up.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Mal's shared news revolted her, and her further distaste for the other would be apparent to either party as her tail lashed behind her. But thinking on both his son and the mans previous history of kidnapping... I hate to suggest this, she drawled, but is there any possibility that he might have been taken, your son...? What better way than to begin being treated as an enemy, after all? Hydra hoped not, in any event. Hoped that his son absence precluded Donovan and his terrors, somehow, if it was at all even a possibility. 

And if not, well, perhaps she could help regardless. What does he look like, your son? Smell like? She asked, looking thoughtful. If we see him, or catch wind of him... we can let you know, she offered. This litter had revealed to Hydra how, when quite motivated, slippery a child could be.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
I don't think so... At least, not by the Saints. I was over where the Saints lived when Asmoses went missing -- I think I would have run into some sign of him when I was on my way back if he'd gone towards them under his own power or not. And Kaistleoki apparently didn't see him either if he'd just been wandering that way. I think it's more likely he went west, along the coast or something. It's easier traveling. Because Asmoses was still a child -- he couldn't be expected to go climb over mountain ranges, could he?

He's much like me but darker -- greyer. Less uh.. Strikingly patterned? But the patterns are there. He looked to Osiris, He's Liliana's twin. If you see them at a distance you can't tell them apart at a glance. That was an easier way to describe it. But, back to Hydra, He has to be much bigger now than when I last saw him. Which was a sorrow. Mal wanted his children to be here... To be safe.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
lmao I literally suck; I am going to fade this on my end, but if you wanna throw in an extra post to wrap it up that is fine with me <3

Well, that at least was good to know; Hydra nodded in understanding, and as she got his description, the matriarch committed it to memory. We will keep our eyes open, she drawled, looking to her son and knowing he would do so. They had a description and she would ever keep it in mind. A howl drew Hydra's attention away, and one ear backturned when another sounded. Hmm. We are needed; I thank you for your time, Mal, she drawled in earnest, I hope Asmoses returns to you safe and sound. And with that, the matriarch turned with Osiris to head out.