Stone Circle My Keeper’s Sister
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Private 

Time: midday

The sun had reached its peak for the day, but it’s heat barely reached the ground. Winter was swiftly on its way. Something, Siarut was very thankful for. He had spent years of his life down south, almost the majority, and yet he had still not adapted to the summer heat. Especially here in the plains.

His daily walk had led him to the Pilgrim Stone as it did every day. He smiled softly as he came up to the stone. Softly resting his forehead against the chilled stone, Sia took a deep breath. After a moment he stepped back and came around to sit in front, his olive gaze falling on the bison scattered along the plains. He would sit for a few hours before returning to his den.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had been busy enough lately, so much so she didn't watch the bison as often as she liked. The youngsters kept her busy, but also the threat from Ursus was on her mind. Merrit had been wounded, Greyback as well. Such a shitty timing from Arlette to leave. But she didn't allow herself to be mad at her pale daughter. That would probably only worsen things between them. The matriarch got to the circle and found Siarut there. He had been keeping to himself and Valette, well she didn't want to step on his toes really. She assumed they were friends. But ever since they had that disagreement on how he disciplined Kallik, he had been staying away from her.

Valette glanced at him and offered a quick smile, but decided to let him be. She had tried to be strict with him before and then he said he couldn't even speak Nanook's name. Valette felt like she offered her help to him and if he kept rejecting it then, she would accept that. She was just glad that she could help him with the raising the pups, and providing a mother for his young. She wondered if he ever would get over it.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The presence of others didn’t often disturb him, but the familiar scent of Valette brought a nervous ball of energy to the pit of Sia’s stomach. He had been avoiding her. It was easier then dealing with… well dealing with her. The last real conversation they had hadn’t turned out as either had planned, and now an awkward air hung between them. He didn’t feel the urge to apologize for his words, but he did regret the distance that had risen since Nanook’s death. She had been extremely helpful raising his children and he knew she deserved more from him.

The last couple weeks had been a time of great reflection to the man who was still so devastated by his loss. He had grown in the last couple days, acknowledging his mistakes and striving to correct them. And with this in mind, he cleared his throat, flicked his eyes on her quickly before returning his gaze to the grazing herd. “Nakurmiik.” He started, pausing for only a moment knowing her understanding of the northern tongue was limited. “Thank you for helping me raise my children. I’m incredible grateful for you help in the last couple months.” Of course they had little disagreements over their parenting styles, for Sia was a hard man even with his children, while Valette was a strong leader but a tender mother. To be honest, she kind of reminded him of his own mother, except with a much stronger disposition.

He hoped his words weren’t to formal or awkward. Despite how reclusive he had been, he did appreciate her concern. But he was also extremely grateful for the space that she gave him. The time he could afford to try and come to terms with Nanook’s passing. He wasn’t recovered yet, but her knew it was at least time to try and reconnect with his family. The pain may never go away, but it was time to make room for it, rather than let it eclipse the rest of his life.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked up with Sia talked and then frowned as she didn't understand that first word. She didn't know the northern language like her sister had. But then the male clarified and her face lifted. She offered him a soft smile. "You are welcome, Sia. You know that," she returned to him and dared to stepped closer. It seemed he was more willing to talk to her.

She went to sit by him, following his gaze to the few bison scattered around. "I wish I could do more though," she admitted to him and looked at him with a serious expression. Her hazel eyes traveled over him. He didn't look his best. Her gaze was clear enough that Sia could probably tell she was talking about his own state of mind.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Sia offered Val a small yet tender smile at her words. ”I know you might disagree with me, but there are just some things that you can’t fully recover from. She was more than just my mate, she was the other half of me, of my soul.” His eyes filled with water and his sight grew blurry as he looked out over the vast plains. Her name still stuck at the back of his throat, never to be spoken again.

”I’ll never be the same Val. All I know is that she’s watching, and it’s time for me to make room for the pain.” Sia’s head lifted up to the clouds, the sun staring at them lazily. ”I have to give our children everything I can. I have to make sure her legacy continues through them.” It wouldn’t get better for him. The colour of his life had dwindled and faded when she died, now he existed in a greyscale. There would be periods of joy, breaks from the sadness that lingered. But there would always be a weight hovering over him. He hadn’t protected her, once again he had failed his family. And the one person he desired to keep safe was snatched from his grasp. He wouldn’t lose anyone else. He refused.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Perhaps there were things that they would never agree on. Het mates felt the same way to her, and yet, she got over them. She would never forget Steady her first love. Perhaps Stark, well, she got over him quick, he had not been a soulmate. But Steady had. She had worked hard to get over him and now Sia made it sound that his love for Nanook as so great he couldn't move on. She was not here to fight, or disagree with him. She would only do so silently. So she just quietly nodded to the male.

His next few words were better though. She nodded at him. "That is a good thought," she returned. Why were things so awkward?? "I've been trying to do the same. Kallik is doing better with his fears. I've been taking him on trips to boost his confidence. Taktuq and Ikiaq seems to be doing good as well," she offered. "I was mostly worried about Kallik in the beginning," she admitted to him.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He had done his children a disservice, and Sia was hell bent on trying to fix it. He was happy to know that Kallik had support when Sia hadn’t been present. He listened intently, Kallik had formed a strong bond with his mother before she died. It didn’t surprise Siarut that he saw so much of her in the young boy. The other three didn’t seem to be as impacted as him, which was one thing he was grateful for.

”They are all growing well. Kallik... is very much like his mother. He’ll find his feet eventually. And we will both be there to help him.” Sia smiled softly. ”I’ve been think about taking them on a trip.” He turned away from the bison, his full attention now on his leader.

”But with the wolves to the south...” Sia was worried about leaving for two reasons: one he was a warrior of Easthollow and it was his duty to help protect it, but he was also worried about keeping all 5 of them safe on the journey. He left the prospect of the Ursus wolves hanging, hoping to get more information than just rumours.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valete nodded at Siarut. She was certain that Kallik would find his way, though she wouldn't mind if he stuck around her a little bit longer. The female loved spending one on one time with the greyscale pup. He was very smart and she loved how he slowly got braver over time. It was remarkable to see. Valette's face turned tighter when the other spoke of wanting to take them on a trip. Luckily even he knew that that might not be a good plan.

"Sia I know you are a good warrior, but taking all of them four with you is quite a task, especially if our neighbors are out to kill us," she commented worriedly. "I would ask you for my sake not to do so," she sighed. She didn't want to give Kallik another trauma where he lost his dad as well.