Whitefish River when i'm gone.
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Joining 
Eshe had looked and looked across the Wilderness, but no where could she find a trace of her brother. They had been travelling companions since leaving home, and while it was normal to go a couple of days without seeing one another, they always found each other again. The Frostfur worried that something had happened, but with no trace to be found, she resolved to do her best to remain optimistic. Perhaps he was out there looking for her too--it would be very like him to do so. In which case, it was probably time for her to stay put.

She knew nothing about the pack whose borders she had approached except for it was nearest to where she'd last seen her brother. Assuming they weren't out of their minds like the woman who had attacked her, it seemed as good a place as any to wait. Besides, Winter was approaching quickly and she knew she could not survive it alone. So, after inspecting the scents that littered the area for a few minutes, the young female settled back a respectful distance away and tilted her head back to request attendance.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The fall weather was beginning to turn towards winter as cooler temperatures and rain grew to be more common sights. There was no stopping mother nature, but unlike last year, Kaistleoki would be far more prepared this time. It's true there were more mouths to feed this year, but it meant more paws to help too and their efforts were paying off as caches began to fill and Speedy's herb supply grew.

The Count was solidifying their ever strong borders when the unfamiliar call rang out. It might have been a stranger at their borders, but the encounter overall was not strange. Ira had predicted the influx of loners at their borders for a while now, and as the leaves fell the number of calls went up. Eshe wouldn't have to wait long as Ira easily made her way to the source, a girl of greys catching her sight. Greetings, you've reached Kaistloki. Is there something I can assist you with?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
It wasn't long before Eshe's call was answered. She stood once she saw the charcoal pelted woman approaching, shifting her slender frame to a posture that showed passive respect. She had never requested to join another pack before, but she had learned the proper etiquette and expectations from her mother. In spite of it being a new experience, and the fact that she was really putting herself out there, Eshe remained her usual bright, friendly self. Her tail wagged and she offered a smile, canting her head with curiosity as the woman introduced the name of this pack.

"Kaistleoki..." Eshe said quietly, thoughtfully to herself. It was a cool name. She was going to enjoy saying it as often as she could. "My name is Eshe Frostfur," she began, her chocolate eyes bright and eager, "I'm looking for a home for the Winter, if you have room." She knew her qualifications would likely be requested, but she held her tongue (for once), not wanting to overstep if she was to be turned away right then and there.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
There seemed to be an element of starstruck within the girl as she quietly repeated the pack's name. It was a funny reaction, usually, she would be met with a question. Whatever feeling it was though was quickly moved aside for a proper introduction as Eshe gave her name and hopes to join. It always interested the Count when wolves were willing to join just any pack to have a safe refuge for the winter, who knows what mess you could be allowing into your life by blindly joining? Luckily, Kaistleoki was rather stable and kind to those who weren't sure what they wanted.

I'm sure you must understand that many are seeking a home this time of year. We do not operate like your typical pack. Kaistleoki strives for improvement...that being said, what skills do you poses or hope to gain? Oralith's voice rang clear in the back of her mind, she believed more knights would be beneficial and while she agreed, Ira would never force that path upon another. This girl was taller than most, but she was lean, perhaps a hunter or scout? They haven't had a naturalist in some time too, something that might be beneficial given the earthquakes last year.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe's confidence faltered for the briefest of moments when the woman began to reply, but it was back in the next few seconds, as was the Frostfur's intrigue. If there was anything about her that couldn't be disputed it, it was that she was a studious over-achiever. More and more, she became confident that she had definitely found the right place. Now to convince them that they had just found the right wolf.

"I'm a student of nature," Eshe began, trying to put into words the things she'd always considered her interests versus true skills to warrant her belonging, "I've always been fascinated by the world--stars, the weather, the earth. Living things most of all, like plants and the other animals we share this world with. I also love to travel and meet new wolves. I love the idea of being an ambassador, to give me the freedom to do some travel and study while still doing good for my pack." Eshe paused, nearly leaving it there but deciding to add for good measure, "Other than that, I'm a passable hunter, and my father taught me well how to defend myself. I know a little of medicines and healing as well from my studies of nature, though I can't say any of those skills are really my passions."

That's when she decided to stop, which was hard. She did like to chatter on.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It was the least expected of the bunch, but the girl actually was interested in nature. Again, they had little need for scouts these days, but with the other potential she brought, Ira found it hard to find a reason to deny her. She had to suppress the laugh that wanted to burst free as Eshe continued. Her youth showed and in many ways she reminded her of @Reiko. A brief thought flashed in the back of her mind that someone should really check on their allies. They had been silent for some time now...

Passion for the world we walk... The Count hummed as she let a smile form along her maw, Very well. We have plenty of room for someone of your talents. Last year we could have used someone in tune with the Earth. You may be able to aid our healer as well, should she have pups this spring. There was no forgetting how overworked Speedy had become between all the kids, her own included, and the lack of plants in her stock. Having another set of paws that could aid her work or gather resources from distant lands would be beneficial.

Do you have any questions for me before you are officially made a Newcomer? Our structure is different from the average pack. Kaistleoki used very different names in regards to their ranks, something she knew would take time to get used to. So for now, she would keep it simplified to avoid overwhelming the other. Ranks are more or less of the same level, but like a family, there is a higher respect for those above you. You are promoted upon proving your trade, but most importantly we do not have a single head figure. A council runs the pack, I am the Count here. Ultimately I made the final decision, but I am advised by three from different skill sets to ensure my decision is informed and the best path for the pack.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
The woman didn't seem to have much interest in her interest in being an ambassador, but appeared to be taken with her interest in nature. That worked well enough for Eshe, who couldn't help but smile and wag her tail when the invitation to join the pack came. She canted her head with interest as her new leader--err, Count--spoke of her helping the pack's healer. That was certainly something she could do.

The pack structure actually reminded her of how Frosthawks had been structured. Raven, Quixote, Liffey and Rannoch were a council for sure, but there wasn't any one of them who made the final decision. It worked well since the four had never come across an issue they couldn't eventually agree upon, at least as far as she knew. She shook her head to indicate she didn't have any questions, listened, and then couldn't help but comment. 

"Your leadership structure is similar to that of my parents' pack," she said, smiling, "So it's not too unfamiliar. I'm sure I'll learn the rest quickly." She was curious as to which trades the council held, but she decided to learn that on her own. There were more important things.

"Thank you for your trust in me," she added, then paused before continuing, "I should give you the head's up. I've been traveling with my twin brother, but it looks as though we've gotten separated as I haven't seen him almost two weeks. If you or any of your wolves happen upon a boy that looks exactly like me, only... y'know... manlier... I'd appreciate him being told where to find me. I'd like to continue searching as well, but I won't let it get in the way of my work for the pack. I last saw him just South of here at the large Lake the river runs into."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira was surprised to hear that another pack functioned in a similar manner. She had yet to run into a group that did not stray too far from traditional ranking if they were not organized by talent, but even then Kaistleoki's structure seemed to be a more refined version. Oh? I'd be interested in learning more later if you don't mind sharing. I've never heard of a group organized the same as us.

Now that Eshe had officially been welcomed as a Newcomer, an additional detail seemed to be dropped. She was looking for her lost brother. She gave a short hum as she racked her brain for any unfamiliar faces that could match her's, but ultimately drew a blank. I'm afraid I haven't seen him, though my last trip took me north not south. It's possible I missed his passage while I was away. Maybe you can speak with @Hieronymous, he is my second in command when I am away and usually sticks to the borders. If anyone saw him it would be him or one of our knights.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe nodded, happy to share. "Sure thing, I don't mind at all," she answered with a smile, "I'm absolutely terrible at lying and keeping secrets, so my life and knowledge is an open book to anyone who wants to know." Which might not be considered a good thing if this pack had a lot of secrets, but that never occurred to Eshe.

The Frostfur felt only a small bit of disappointment when she was told that the woman hadn't seen her brother. She would've been surprised to hear that she had. Eshe couldn't fathom what had become of her brother. Perhaps he'd strayed too far and by the time he'd come back, Eshe's scent had been lost. They'd joked about how it would be impossible to lose each other due to their twin sense. Yet, here they were.

She smiled and shook her head, brushing off any note of apology in the woman's tone. "Hieronymous. I'll seek him out to ask, thank you," she replied, then paused as something occurred to her. "Umm.. Do you have a name?" she asked, feeling a bit silly that she hadn't asked already, and also silly that she'd phrased the question so silly. She had to have some sort of name, right?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
last from me!

It seemed things had been settled then. Once the silver girl grew more accustomed to Kaistleoki's way of life and had comfortably settled in she would seek her out again to pick her mind about the pack she grew up in. Ira wished she could offer more help in terms of her lost brother, but hopefully, the Constable would have an answer for her. It seemed that things were just about ready to be wrapped up, though there was still one question on girl's lips. A moment of embarrassment flushed her cheeks realizing her own mistake.

Apologies— I should have introduced myself sooner. You may call me Ira, I am Count here. Usually her name was the first piece of information Ira offered, but it must have slipped her mind this time. Come, let's get you acquainted with the territory. Should there be nothing else for the Frostfur to add, Ira would turn and gesture for her to follow past the borders to give a proper tour.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe shook her head to indicate the apology wasn't necessary, but catalogued the name in her mind alongside of Hieronymous (so fun to say, even in her mind!). She also liked the sound of Count. Ira looked like a Count. That was almost a really unfortunate typo. Anyway, the Frostfur nodded her acceptance of the invitation with a smile and set off with her new leader, reminding herself not to pepper her with questions about every little thing they came across, though that's certainly what would end up happening.