Jade Fern Grove Tryin' to light the fire with no flame
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Private 
for @Siarut
set for early afternoon 11/12

It wasn't often that she left the the territory these days, which was not her normal. She used to explore all the time, spending just as much time outside of the borders as she did inside, but taking care of her sons had been her top priority lately, and she didn't like to be gone for very long. They were adults now and could definitely take care of themselves, but she hated to miss out on any time with them.

But, she did need some time for herself occasionally, and she had chosen to explore like she had when she was younger. She had been to this forest many times before, and so she vaguely knew how to make her way around it. She found a stream and stopped to take a drink, lifting her head and looking around to check her surroundings before lowering her head once more.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
After the cougar and Ursus on their door step Siarut was hesitant to leave the territory. But he had driven himself into such a state that he needed a breather. He couldn’t afford to let himself spiral as he used to. Nanook had always been there to catch him, but she wasn’t anymore, and Siarut was to self conscious to reveal his mental state to Valette. Instead he simply dumped his kids in her. She knew how neurotic he was, and wouldn’t do anything to dangerous while he was out of the territory.

So he set out. Walking in a random direction and seeing where his paws used to take him. Just like when he was a young man.

When he finally took stock of his surroundings he was surrounded by foliage, but he could hear the trickle of a stream near by. The sound made Sia realize just now thirsty he was and just how far he had walked. Shaking his head, the northerner headed toward the water.

His paws hit the water first, a chill running over his toes. Smoothly he dipped his head a quenched his thirst. It took a second for him to recognize the white blob he had glanced and ignored. He paused, confused. Given his recent altercation (which was visible as scraps and scratches along his face, chest, and shoulders) he really should have been more vigilant. He lifted his head looked back over. Surprised to find his sister in the opposing edge only a couple hundred meters down stream.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The sound of splashing had her whipping her head up from the water to look around her. Her worries were soon quieted, though, when her gaze landed on the form of her brother. Even from this distance, she knew it was him.

She totted through the stream, quickly closing the distance between them. He was the last thing she had expected to find here, but she was grateful. She missed him greatly, and she wanted to see how he was doing. She stopped only when her face was buried in the fur of his chest, nuzzling him for a few moments and taking in the comforting scent of family. Sia, she murmured. I've missed you. Taki pulled back to look him over, noticing the fresh wounds. What happened to you? she demanded. She had never liked the sight of injuries on her older brother.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The surprise melted into joy, and he smiled softly as she embraced him. It was always good to see her, but especially now. ”It’s good to see you.”

Siarut turned sheepish at her accusatory glare. ”Mountain Lion.” He could only shrug, and shake his head. Before this year he had never actually encountered a cougar, but this year he had been faced with them on two separate occasions. ”She was young, and inexperienced.” It wasn’t everyday that a wolf escaped the claws and teeth of a cougar relatively unscathed. Other than that there wasn’t much more for him to say, instead he gave her his own glance over.

”You look good. The colder weather suits us better.” Sia smiled at her, glad that she was well and whole. ”How have you been?” Although he
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
It's good to see you, too, brother, she returned with slight curve of her lips. No one could lighten her mood like Sia could.

She gave him a scolding look, but was otherwise happy to see he had only obtained minor injuries. You are lucky, then, she told him with a shake of her head. Cougars could cause quite the issue for a wolf on their own. But her youth and inexperience had been her brother's saving grace. 

Taki nodded. Yes, it always has, she returned. She was most happy in the winter. I am okay. Ego returned to me, so now I have two of my three sons with me. Simmik is beta of a pack on the other side of the mountains, she told him. She was clearly proud of her daughter, even if it was tinged with sadness that she had moved on to her own things. And what about you, Sia, she asked, her expression serious. How are you and my little niece and nephews. They must be so big now. She wondered how they had all been with such a loss hanging over them.
Inuttuk
Common