Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Joining 
Potential join attempt? Not sure how long Njord will be around but I'm craving some creative writing!

Njord's birthday had come and gone, and with it summer's bounty. By the age of two he should have been a man of good standing among the people of his natal pack on Meares Island. A wife and children at his side. Yet here he was... destitute, alone, and rail thin. He has sustained himself along Teekon's southern coast for a while... after all, he was an adept oceanic hunter, but the wild game of the forests were strange to him and he found traveling north to his original destination -- towards the great glacier -- impossible. Though he finally escaped from the watchful eye of Atlan, he knew winter would not be kind.

With a megar meal in his tummy the vagrant traveled north past the tidepools until he happened upon the boundery of a pack. Skirting along the fringe's of their territory, he hoped to come upon one who resided here.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
with a missive for @Rosalyn, that she would return to the moors to search for valravn a last time, the harlot set off again. kaertok had been asked to remain behind, raleska with him — and so it was that the plains that had long been their home would not be truly abandoned.
the day that she returned back, erzulie took up a patrol at once. though the cliffs would belong to them soon, the harlot strengthened their markers. her son had gone; he must be able to find his way home.
a boy on her doorstep, wearing a stunning pair of eyes and the bare salt-scent of a lone wolf. "i be erzulie," she introduced, and gesturing toward the moors, added, "and dis was rusalka."
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
It was not long before a resident emerged: a middle aged woman spun of silky, golden hair. She looked enchanting, and quite a deal more fair than the women of the island. He approached eagerly and submissively. She seemed plesant enough... a shine in her eye and a warm drawl in her words... but Njord could not know of the tragedy which had recently affected this pack. 

"Was?" he asked, lowering his crown to test the meaning of her words, ears falling to half mast with uncertainty.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"we have moved. up de coas'line." a glance over him, over the strong young lines of his hale body. "did you come to explore de moors, or," and here her voice trailed off into a lead that the boy explain why he had come. 
in the meantime, she was steadfast in her examination of him, until at last the reason why she had come at all beckoned her attention again. while he answered, if he answered, erzulie meant to head back into the heart of what had been their territory, taking the stranger along.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord's expression brightened, optimistic that his travels to the moor would not be wasted. The pack had simply moved. He wondered if his brother or parents would ever leave their island homstead. It seemed those who found themselves there never ever left, like his father.

"I was hoping to find a pack for the winter," the young man answered. His personality had once been extra spicy -- since landing upon Teekon's shores... but winter's unloving embrace had took a bit of wind out of his sails, and he looked a little worse for wear. "I left my home island, set out on my own," his stature straightened. "I was looking for a glacier my Aunt told me about... but..." his voice trailed here, sheepish, "hunting here is hard by yourself and... I didn't make it very far from the beach."

As the words dribbeled from his mouth, Njord could feel the deprecation set in. "Promise I'm not a total loser," he smiled, "my name is Njord."

1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"you be in luck. we could use anot'er hunter," she said softly. her mind half-focused upon valravn, and erzulie sighed again, wondering if she should inform this boy.
"it is bettah to be inside a pack. especially for de winter." the harlot shot him a sidelong glance, pressed toward the center where her old densite stood. there was some pain in the departure, she found; sorrow trickled into her, for this one was young, and reminded her of the children who had departed to find their own way. 
"it be good to know you, njord. my wife is de ot'er leader in rusalka. rosalyn. she holds de cliffs some days' travel away wid ot'ers of us."
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
933 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
last post for me! :D

The islander's expression brightened at Erzulie's words. An opening! He appreciated, and was thankful for, her sensibility. This oppertunity would not be wasted. Yet underneath the woman's steady demeanor was a ripcurrent. Njord, like a soft-shelled crab, could be sensitive at times -- unlike his ironhide brother -- and so Erzulie's melancholic gaze was not lost on him. The Sveijarn could only wonder what occupied her mind, but shrugged it off as being preoccupied with moving her family. 

He listened closely, bemused by A.) He was actually talking to a leader of the pack, B.) There were two women leading the pack, and C.) They were mates!! He had never heard of such a thing... but Njord loved it. The less like Atlan the better! A smile from ear to ear beamed. "Aye, Erzulie! I'll follow you, Rosalyn, and Rusalka!" he promised with a happy wave of his red tail. A new beginning.

1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
WELCOME ABOARD EXPLORER

she would have laughed to hear his inner monologe. "we will set out tomorrow," she informed him. he was invited to come along as she continued her search for valravn; an answering wave of her own. after giving a description of the child, erzulie would seek to know more about this new young man who would come to live among them.