Dragoncrest Cliffs Unravel me,
All Welcome 
The peace of life was disrupted by the group beyond their cliff. Whoever they were, were not satisfied by the fact that they were settling near the new land despite it being unclaimed, and clearly voided of any wolf. It reminded her of the Keep, as despite the fact they owned an isle, they were still aggressive for any, and all that were strangers. 

While they say they learned English for the purpose of trade, majority did to simply taunt and tease any rogues and loners that dared step near. Her mother, the witch of the keep, was probably the only one who actually did use the common language for trading of herbs.

"Is there going to be a war..?" Grímnismál said out-loud in her mother-tongue as she wondered what were the consequences of moving to the new home.
normal - nordic
[Image: daz83kx-e8d904eb-2637-4961-a0e9-0eeb228f...FVV6Qy-Ig8]
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Two times now the wolves who lived near had challenged Rusalka's claim. It put Kaertok on edge, but he was not unused to such things. He had been born Tartok, and his mother had taught him well. Disputes over land were not uncommon where he came from, and Kaertok was prepared to do whatever it took to prove himself to Raleska. By proxy, that would also have him prove himself to Rusalka. Drumbeats of war already sounded in his ears, and when he spotted Grim nearby while on patrol, he approached her.

As he did so, she uttered words that reminded him of his mother's language. They were ever-so-slightly different, but the resemblance was there in the way that two sisters are similar. That language, is it spoken where you come from? And that last word, is that 'war'? he asked. Grim had not introduced herself as Tartok, although he knew some preferred to keep that name to themselves. His bloodline did have a bit of a reputation.
As she was overthinking about the possibility of what could be, the white bear appeared from seemingly out of no where, and spooked her to the point she slightly jumped. Meekly so, Grímnismál turned toward him as he asked a question about her language, "It's my uh, native tongue." 

"We were required to learn nordic and common tongue." Though, luckily so, the reaper was quite fluent in English to the point not too many may notice an accent. It was required to learn both languages, and the younger one is, the easier they can speak freely between the two. Alone did she often speak in old norse, but because no one else spoke it, English was the main.

"Oh, um. I was wondering if we were going to go to war with the other group.." She so confessed.
normal - nordic
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She spoke of her language, nordic, and though that was not what it was called by Tartok, it did have similarities. Sister languages, perhaps, born from the same region, but not the same pack. It is similar to Tartok's language, he commented. She asked, in a round about way, whether or not they would go to war with the pack that disliked their claim here. It was a question Kaertok could not yet answer, but he did have advice to offer.

It is a possibility. Do you know how to defend yourself? he asked. Teaching the other members of Rusalka the basics of how to do so was not a bad way to spend his time between patrols. Even if Grim was to stay behind the front lines, she would need to know how to keep herself safe.
"What's Tarkok?" In general she was very unfamiliar to any but common-tongue English, and her mother-tongue Nordic. Erzulie held a slight accent that she did not know, and felt it was inappropriate to ask at times. There was also the slight thought maybe that was just English, but everyone else spoke with such normality.

So, what was Tarkok?

"Oh, uh.." her paws shuffled, "no." Her mother of a witch spent more time grinding the types of medicine then actually teach her to hunt or fight. Barely, could Grímnismál even try to catch. She understood fishing, for it only required but a moment of stillness, but when it came to actually running, well, a rabbit could easily get away from the reaper.

Now fighting? Out of the question.
normal - nordic
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The culture I was born into, Kaertok said. It was his mother's, but his father had adopted it as his own well. Kaertok had known it for as long as he'd been alive, and he had taken to it with relative ease. The same could not be said of all Tartok wolves. Some disliked it, others were banished because they could not handle the Tartok way of life.

Grim admitted that she did not know how to defend herself, something that Kaertok had expected, but it was no less disappointing.

Then you will need to learn. In Tartok, we are taught young, but those who join later in life are capable of learning, too. There are many ways to defend yourself. One is by figuring out your opponent's weaknesses. Her own were obvious. She was timid and probably easy to overpower.

Take a guess at what my weakness is, Kaertok said, orange eyes studying her.
She nodded to the white warrior who explained it was a culture, but even then it was a more empty thought because she still didn't understand 'Tarkok.' She had a vague understanding there was various of other different, but didn't truly know how much they differ. Her own was of nordic warriors who valued strength above all, they didn't care much for the arts of healing or the thoughts of advising and star-telling.. Only one healer at the whole island was her mother, and her to follow the steps.

"Uhm, you're.." Grímnismál was naturally small, perhaps the lowest size a wolf can be, and thus everyone was rather big for her. She was a bit wary over the factor this man wanted to teach her defense, but at the same time.. She knew too that it was needed. In honesty something in her thumped in an excitement to actually be taught to be a wolf, not just a healer.

"Rather slow because you're big?"
normal - nordic
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
To some degree, yes, Kaertok said.

Size does not always mean slow, but if you were fighting with me, you might be able to take advantage of that. In our case, it would be smarter for you to run rather than fight.

Fleeing was often the best mode of defense for smaller, quicker types, but not always. Depending on the fight, Kaertok could imagine Grim winning if she had the right training.

You have other advantages over me besides that most obvious one, though. You could slip beneath me and grab an opposite leg if I was not expecting it.

Now, what about you? What are your weaknesses?