The Sunspire seek resonance
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

It was quiet. Fair, just past the height of the afternoon with just a faint touch of the autumnal crispness touching the breeze. Amekaze regarded the mountain slopes with a pensive expression. The weather was well, her belly was full, and old lingering injuries faded by the moment, but there was a whole different matter entirely weighing heavily upon her.

Unsure of what to make of it, she had searched and sniffed to the best of her capabilities only to turn up nothing on the spot. While not yet having had the chance to roam too far from the mountain, she felt an increasing need to remain with what faded, both to stave off a swiftly-growing loneliness and to protect what had been fostered here. But she knew she was not alone, albeit missing something very important.

Ferdie seemed to be the thought on repeat. She had circled the mountain's base, skimmed past some of his more favored haunts and now settled here, an outcropping just north a ways of the Oasis. Her chest was tight and she licked her lips anxiously, willing nature to reveal its answers to her before she had time to spin forth more questions.

With a thoughtful inhale, she raised her muzzle to howl a low, reedy note that gained its strength as she carried it on. After all, her voice was not often used in this manner, but it was necessary to say all the same: without him, there is me.

While not concrete in this idea's permanence yet, she intended to serve as the placeholder for the time and not have to worry about the pack remaining lacking so that they may investigate what was going on. Jace's thoughts were also to be considered, and she hoped he may surface soon with his input. There was an added note at the end of her howl for him, subtly. Others would hear, no doubt, she was curious to see if they had anything of worth to report that her keen eyes might have overlooked. But she was convinced she had been thorough.

She then waited, summoning her might from the mountain at her paws and relishing in the peace despite the tempest brewing within.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was lost in thought pensive and a little wary. He waited the call from another, not wishing to take up the mantle that would be thrust upon him too soon. He was merely a yearling, and he did not feel the urge to lead. To support the leader, to be second in the place yes, but never lead fully all by himself. That was too much of a burden on his already burdened shoulders. Besides he made a better enforcer, warden and hunter than leader.

Ferdie had been missing for merely days, he did not know where he was or what he was doing, but he knew he was not here. He bowed his head and then the howl rang out from Ame. Ame all herself, having been the one to weather all the storms, the anger and the first budding howl to arms, she had been through it all. So he wasted no time in joining her, glad to have her take the mantle, glad to offer it if she would take it. He would gladly follow in her stead.

He began his trek towards her howl, moving swiftly so as to not leave her wanting or needing. He was second in command and he had responsibilities to uphold. He reached her and dipped his muzzle Ame, you called? Then he took a place beside her with ears erect and head down waiting for the words that she would utter.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
((others can join too, if they want! it is AW :P
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She breathed deep. Perhaps her first breaths as.. reigning alpha of this sun-touched mountain. The title's weight felt awkward, it did not quite fit her yet and nor had she adapted to the feeling and its taste. She led from the shadows, watching, waiting, and contemplating to understand and know the best angle of approach. She was a warrior, a collector of history and a wolf with her eyes always on nature.

While it had always been a background thought in her upbringing that she may be groomed to ascend properly, as the surviving offspring of two decorated leaders, she had not expected it to come here. But without the light of Ferdie's presence at their helm, someone must carry it. So she would.

The dark Rikudou shook her wild furs as Jace approached, as she knew he would. The first natural response was deference; she had sat neatly beneath the males, content, for how long now? Yet there was a subtle shift now. Her tail switched and she chuffed a soft greeting. I have not seen a trace of him, she then replied, sorrow in her hardened green eyes with which she regarded the mountain below. It does not seem right.. but as we must... How far should we search, you think? she asked. There was the edge of purpose on her words. Obviously she wasn't happy about these circumstances and wondered who had seen him last. Probably Erika, and the mere thought solidified a frown onto her expression.

“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha

She left her pups at the sound of a female's howl. It was her message that drew her out, wondering. Without him, there is me? Did it have to do with Ferdie? She hadn't seen the alpha in a while, a couple of days ago. At the time she simply wrote it off as him doing other, more important things. But was he really, truly gone?

Assured that her pups would not get to much mischief without her presence, the mother headed towards the call, curious. When she arrived, she recognized Jace, the young Beta and another dark female whose name escaped her. The Frenchwoman tilted her head curiously. "Monsieur, Mademoiselle, what iz going on?"

<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
It had completely escaped Vienna that their Alpha was absentee until very recently. Her sights had been set so far outward they had failed to catch the situation happening within her home. Never one content to stick around in one place, she had been leaving the territory more and more, traveling further and further in her escapades. She always returned, though. This was her home, after all.

Luckily, on this particular day, she had not yet set out very far from the borders. Hearing Amekaze's call, she immediately rerouted, stretching out as she picked up speed and practically flying to where the warrior waited. Was there news? From the sound of the call, it almost sounded like... but she did not wish to jump to conclusions. Better to arrive and have everything laid out in full.

Slowing her stride, she came in at an easy lope, approaching to stand next to her brother and briefly leaning in against him affectionately. She then turned her eyes to Amekaze, obvious curiosity about her. She had caught Erika's question as she came and also desired to hear the answer given.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace bent his ear towards Amekaze and he frowned both in thought and irritation at Ferdie for leaving when he brought a female here, a female who had uprooted her life to be with him. Well the female Hawkeye came here to be with him from the Plateau. She told me that Fox reigns there, perhaps he went there and got in trouble, so perhaps that far? I'm afraid though Ame I don't know where the plateau is. He knew the shift of power and he made sure to not look her in the eye and keep his body language submitted. He did not mind following behind Amekaze, he was still second in command, so nothing had changed except the leader he followed.

Jace followed the gaze, as Erika came forward. He studied her no puppies in tow. He sighed Hello Erika. How are your children? Do you need anything? He grew quiet then, he would let Ame take lead on this one. He didn't know what she wanted everyone to know and not know.

Jace tugged gently on his sister's ear in greeting and nudged her muzzle Hello Vienna, still working on that outrider trade? He was teasing he didn't know if she was going to get that trade or not, but she spent more time exploring outside of the borders than in them, it worried him. But she was a grown wolf, and soon enough she would be 2, just like him.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
*party crashes*

Summer was a little late to the party, but when he heard Ame's call on the wind, he knew this was not a gathering he wanted to miss. Ferdie's lack of presence had not gone unnoticed by the ever watchful young Ostrega and in the days that passed, his fear had grown stronger and stronger. He distracted himself with his duties as best as he could, but he could not help but feel deeply unsettled as the great wolf's sihlouette continued to be lacking from its typical place outside of Erika's den. This meeting would be about that very issue, Little Levi knew without a doubt. And he would not feel at ease again until he knew what the pack intended to do about it.

He arrived as Jace was speaking. Something about a Plateau and Fox. His brow furrowed as he paced slowly into the mix beside Erika. Fox. Wasn't that the name of the alpha of Swiftcurrent Creek who had stained their borders with her bitterness/urine? Summer gazed curiously at the beta, looking between him and Amekaze whose face was arranged in the same serious concern that his was, waiting for more words to pass on the matter that plagued them all.

</style>
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
*fondly mauls you all with a big wall of text*

Amekaze swallowed, then exhaled a breath she didn't realize had been held. Jace elaborated some about a Hawkeye, prompting her ears to remain angled backwards. The same Hawkeye she had once been mistaken for, perhaps? Her browline furrowed. "Came here to be with him" struck her as odd and then the mention of Fox curled her lips before she could look any deeper into it. Of course the wily creature had moved on to lead there. Amekaze snorted softly.

She nudged her nose against Jace's shoulder, breathing deeply against his furs. She knew where they were, it was not far. For a strange reason, she recalled Ariston suddenly. The last time she had ventured near to them had been to visit him but recollections of the pale-coated male dissolved quickly. I know where they are. Maybe I will prowl closer to find out more.. but I do not want them to know we have evidently misplaced him, she murmured. They may take the information to mean they were weak now, even if she intended to take care of that. Erika's arrival diverted her focus and she regarded the scarred female with a question brimming immediately. When did you see Ferdie last? she asked. If anyone here had seen him, she was most likely. The puppies had necessitated it, and before she could answer the question given to her, a few others came to them -- for answers, no less. And it was her duty to provide them, even if they were not so clear in her thoughts.

So she drew a deep breath. I have not seen Ferdie for longer than I would like, and even his scent fades by the moment. So, in his absence, I am assuming his role. Factual and without question, she was no usurper but she would tolerate no less here on these slopes. He had created this home for them and it was only right that Jace or herself take up the mantle, so here she was. This will become more formal in the hours and days to follow, but since you are the ones to answer me first, you know first. For that, she was appreciative.

Which leads us to our next obvious issue -- answers. His absence may be coincidence, or not, but he never struck me as the type to leave without a word. She paused, with a glance towards Jace. She shifted her weight. The blank here was to say she potentially suspected the worst. Or was coming to. I intend to search, but we cannot afford to exhaust all our efforts on him, unfortunately. Winter loomed menacingly close on the horizon and she still was uneasy about its onset. Aspiring outriders can double their efforts, and if anyone finds word of him, I want to hear it, there was a hidden sadness here as she contemplated what she would do, exactly, upon finding him. This was yet to be decided. For so very long, she had always known exactly where he was. Her longest-lasting friend, and perhaps the wolf she was closest to, this absence stung her in unexpected ways.

Sometimes you just need to die a little inside in order to be reborn,and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
lol missed something...XD

Aleera always seemed to miss something important, she had heard a distant howl, but was rather out of reach. She made her way as quickly as her paws would carry her across the land. When her silver eyes finally landed on the group that had gathered, she heard the last few words, Aspiring outriders can double their efforts, and if anyone finds word of him, I want to hear it, was all she could gather from Amekaze. Although she thought that perhaps, a private conversation was in order to find what had happened, it had to be pretty serious for them all to gather in such a manner. Looking at Ame, Aleera tilted her head in curiosity and concern trying to find an answers from the female she thought to call friend, and then to the rest of the wolves in the vicinity. She held her tongue waiting to see what would happen next.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
*posting out of turn cause I'm terrible*

Summer remained quiet as Amekaze said her peace. She would take over the Sunspire pack as alpha. Her words were without question. Not even the tiniest lilt of a tone that suggested she was asking for permission or feedback. She spoke with the voice of the law; of an alpha, and Summer fell innately and submissively right in place with it.

The only question that remained to Summer was what Jace's opinion of this announcement was. His gaze drifted to the man, only to find that there was no objection there either. And so it was. What the other wolves in the pack felt, it never even occured to the young wolf to concern himself with. He expected them fully to fall in line just as he had. They were wolves after all, and this was simply the way of things.

From that point, the only thing that remained were the new alpha's instructions. Summer had no desire to become an outrider, but he did not particularly like the thought of Amekaze venturing to this Plateau place on her own. He kept his mouth quiet, however. In his eyes, he was just a useless kid that would likely only get in the way of anyone who was trying to accomplish something. He could not see the healthy, capable wolf that he would be and was slowly becoming. So, he like many others held his tongue and simply waited instruction.

</style>
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
*follows suit* =P

"Of course," Vienna responded amicably to her brother before quieting down as Amekaze prepared to speak. None of what the she-wolf said came as a surprise, nor did Vienna find fault with any of the revelations. The only one who really could have challenged her for longevity and status was Jace and her brother showed no signs of stepping forward. It wouldn't have surprised Vienna one bit if the two had already discussed this beforehand, for that seemed the decent thing to do. It was a seamless transition so likely had been hashed out more privately.

Vienna nodded wordlessly as Ame suggested outriders might increase their activity. She was already gone much of the time and being even more absent was not ideal, but she would do so and seek out any trace of their former leader. He might not be Alpha any longer but he was still a packmate and a friend. She was worried for him, though optimistically believed that he was likely alright. It was strange, his sudden disappearance, but hopefully could be explained. "It will be done," she replied, submission apparent in both her posture and her tone. Of all the things Vienna was, ambitious wasn't really one of them. She had no aspirations to lead and would gladly follow Ame's commands with as much exuberance and effort as she could put forth.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
*posts again to keep this rolling* we can toss order so everyone who wants it can get 3 posties in :P

Aleera arrived, too, and Amekaze made note. There were not too many others not in attendance here, so that made this simpler. The majority of the pack should understand and word would spread easily from here on out.

She was then keenly interested in the reactions she may get, so watched carefully after her words came to a close. After all, this was the beginning of what would determine the weeks to come. While she doubted dissent in her newly claimed ranks it was a relief to see none of it come to fruition before her eyes. They seemed to take her words as law without issue nor question.

At least that much was easy. She exhaled slowly and gathered her thoughts. Good, she chuffed with a fleeting look of satisfaction accompany it after Vienna confirmed that indeed, it would be done. Of course, on top of our search, our home matters are priority so hunts and good guardianship are important. But you do not need me to tell you this, she swished her tail in a slow rhythm; they were an intelligent lot and she was lucky to have them. Do what works best. We will.. see what the days to follow bring, but even in Ferdie's absence our strength will remain, she vowed, then angled her nose back for a soft howl, hoping the handful of Sunspire wolves gathered here would join her in a small rally.

There may be an undertone of sorrow with their misplaced leader and all circumstance surrounding him unknown, but it would be certain that it would not make the pack suffer any more than they had already. From here on out, the motion was forward.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Crap sorry for some reason I was thinking there was one more after Vienna before jace....sorry

Jace listened and agreed. They would need to be more vigilant now more than ever. They would need to up their patrols and their hunts and Jace and Amekaze would have more responsibility to burden now that Ferdie was gone. It fell on them to protect Erika the most as Ferdie had done. He lifted his nose to the sky and followed suit with a howl.