Stone Circle Give me your wisdom
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette trotted through the territory. She liked to keep track of Easthollow's members and reminded herself to also visit her father @Kove. She had seen him in passing of course, but she kind of wanted to catch up with him. Perhaps also because she was in the predicament that he was in a few years ago: stubborn daughter. She took a meal for him out of the caches, and then went to go look for him.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
minor pp, poke me if ya want anything changed

The search would lead her to the stones, just the same as any other day. His soul felt at ease amongst them, a sense of belonging. Perhaps he knew, deep down, that he would someday join them there—perhaps he wanted to make it easier on those left behind.

Kove was laying against the mother stone when he heard the steady approach of another. Slowly but surely, he lifted his head and peered around, relaxing after spying the familiar face of his daughter. “PiKutenngai?” he questioned, pushing himself up to a sitting position as he did so—and only after did his face briefly fall with uncertainty, righted to a thoughtful smile moments later. “I seem to forget where I am these days,” he said. “How are you?”
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
No worries!

Valette raised her brows when he spoke a word she didn't know. But that was normal for her father to do so. Valette smiled at him and placed the meal by his feet. She sat down herself soon after. She watched the confusion on his face for a moment. He was old, especially in that moment. "You are in Easthollow," she reminded him, not sure if he was confused about that or just the location in the territory.

"Well, physically I'm good but mentally.... I think I ruined things with Arlette," she admitted to him right away. "I thought, I would come for some advice since you know what stubborn daughters are like?," she asked with a hopeful tone, a hint of a smile on her maw.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Easthollow. His daughter’s pack, where much of his family currently resided.

He was not back north.

Times like these, he wondered about himself greatly. How long until his mind was entirely gone? It was problematic enough when his body started to give out on him but he took comfort in knowing that his mind was still sharp—was then but now no longer. That someday he might forget himself entirely was a terrifying idea to have, and not one he wanted to linger on for long. So, when she spoke, he listened attentively, providing his full attention.

“Being a parent is no easy task, Desna”—he paused, then corrected—Valette.” Stubborn was the mind, too. “Have you tried speaking with her?” It was a start, at least, however minor.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Kove really was getting older and the female reminded herself that soon the male was probably going to die of old age. "I know," she sighed but then smiled. It was also very rewarding. Now she was a parent herself she could understand the other's actions, or what might have been a very different decision back then that didn't resolve around her.

"Yes, I've tried and now she left the pack," she commented. 'And I got the gut feeling she isn't coming back," she sighed.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Although speaking was often the first step, at times, he’d learned long ago, it was not always possible—sometimes, when the hurt sunk deeply enough, space needed to come first. “Perhaps she needs time away,” he began. “Time helps heal wounds. Sometimes those wounds need to heal before talking can begin.” Sometimes it was the only option given.

“Family always comes back,” the elder added. “Some wounds feel too deep but we’re all eventually brought back together.” As was how it should be.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette thought about it and nodded slowly. "Those are wise words," she admitted. She realized that she had needed time, a long time, to forgive her father. She had been unable to speak to him for a long time, to even look at him. Now he was part of her pack. Heck, even Xan had come and become part of Easthollow. Something she never expected. "Thank you father," she smiled softly at him. She hoped that with time Arlette might see things differently or at least be able to talk about it. "How have you been?," she asked.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When thanks was given, he offered her a smile and nodded his head. How long until her wayward child returned, how long she needed to heal, would be revealed in time—but the elder held no doubt in his heart that she would return someday.

“I will admit that I have been better,” he said, albeit with a tone far more lighthearted than the words implied. “Getting older is not easy. I sometimes wonder...” but there he trailed off, unable to bring the sentence to a close. He was not yet ready to accept what he knew would soon be true, that his body would eventually no longer be able to support him. He simply did not wish to think about it, although he knew, in his heart, that it was coming soon.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette could imagine that. She looked with compassion at her father. She didn't know what he wanted to say when he stopped halfway through the sentence, almost like he wondered about the past, or maybe what death would be like. It could be either of those things. "As long as you are comfortable here, Dad." She scooted closer to him.

"Can you still remember, Mom? I know what she looked like but her face has faded over the years," she commented softly. "It is good to have you around."