Neverwinter Forest said he would wipe away the tears
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
Private 
sometime before 11/10, but after 10/28.
@Mal @Miriam, please let osiris post first!

what will you do if he doesn't let me leave? liliana asked. she turned over her shoulder to look at @Osiris, the kind-enough man with whom she'd travelled. the question had pestered her mind from one border to the next, eventually seeping from between tight lips at neverwinter.

without waiting for him to respond, yana shook her head clear and turned it upward to make an urgent call. abba, i'm home, it might have said with some added note about amma, too — can you meet me at the border?
great bear wilderness · open for threads (2/5)
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris was grateful that Liliana had agreed to speak to Mal. After seeing how worried his family had been when Mira had gone missing, he knew that he couldn't accept a lost child in good conscience.

Turning to her as she spoke, he smiled gently. "We'll see what he says," he assured her. Truthfully, Osiris wasn't entirely sure what would happen if she wasn't allowed to leave; they'd cross that bridge when they got there, he supposed. Unsure of what would happen, he turned his attention back to the woodlands and waited for the Alpha's arrival.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Set before the Hydra thread, right?

Well, whatever had gone on with the two imperial siblings, the whole thing had been kind of an oof -- Miriam had been fairly out of line, he thought, but still. Yikes. He wished he could do something to somehow repair things between mother and daughter, but he felt at least some of that was solely up to Miram to figure out, not him. What he could do is always provide safety and love, and not try to force Liliana into a situation where she was clearly unhappy. Had she talked to Simmik yet? He wasn't sure, but he didn't think so. He really did think it would help them both if he could convince either of them to give it a chance.

The howl certainly got his attention and he was quick to respond, cutting from his hunt towards where it had originated on the borders. Mal was always happy to see his children. He showed up swiftly, his expression quickly morphing to a nice muddled mix of curiosity, worry, and confusion. Okay, obviously Liliana hadn't been hurt, but why was she calling instead of just coming home and who was this? He stopped a little shorter than he might have because it did seem she was standing with that man. Was he returning her because she'd wandered too far? He'd known she'd ducked out a few times, but he couldn't do more than offer a gentle correction (or would, when other things happened, but what are timelines?) more afraid of scaring her away than anything. Still, he wouldn't assume here. Liliana? Who's this? And what was going on?
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Miriam wasn't sure where to start on the forgiveness, for she begged and begged, but Liliana only diverged further, and further away. She wondered if it would've changed if she brought home her little boy Asmoses, but as days grew, so has the hole in her heart. She not only lost one of her children that day, but it seemed she has lost two.

And her misery only grew wider each day.

Now, even when she sees Liliana, the best she could do was provide the space she desperately wanted, and walk away. Her daughter would only run, and she would not chase, feeling would be even worse.

It felt like- Miriam had given up, but she was at a loss on what to do, and only prayed to the Goddess she may protect yana.

A call for herself was pleasant and suspicious, upon arriving a male next to her daughter smelled quite familiar to Toad Amelia, assuming they were from the same pack. She wondered why, the neighbor was with Liliana, and arrived neatly alongside Mal. She tilted her head in question, but was afraid to speak further.
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
soon enough, both parents arrived to greet their child. liliana shifted away from osiris and toward mal, stopping herself just before crossing the border. this is my abba, she explained to osiris, and she’s my amma. 

her eyes remained fixed on the ground, breaking their nervous stare only to gauge each person’s reaction. this is osiris. he leads firefly glen, over by moonspear.. which is where i’ve been exploring. calling her plans to run away “exploring” might have been a small stretch.

i want to live there, dad. liliana stopped fidgeting and stomped her foot, forcing whatever measly courage she had to make its appearance. you know how it’s been here, and i’ll only be next door, so can i?
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Sorry for the wait!
And... sorry about Osiris. Last post from me!

Abba and Amma—Mal and Miriam—Dad and Mom. Osiris nodded as he was introduced and began to zone-out as Liliana then explained the reason for their visit. Despite his mental vacancy, he nodded every so often and appeared to be following the conversation—a facade, as he considered the situation at length. 

"When seeking others to join your fold now, you will need to ascertain their worth. Not simply to you—to the pack. Can they hunt? Can they protect? Can they heal?" Hydra had said; Osiris couldn't help but wonder what Liliana's worth was to the pack. She would require resources they couldn't afford to waste and distract his packmates whose efforts were needed elsewhere; it wasn't worth it. "You, above the rest, must be realistic. Pragmatic in such matters," Osiris now knew what he needed to do, although he wasn't excited for the fallout, "I have had to turn sick wolves from my borders, in knowing that our resources ought to be spared for those with us, in the Winter, for instance." 

Sighing, Osiris shot Mal and Miriam an apologetic glance before he spoke. "No," he corrected gently, "You need to stay here until you've gotten a bit older." Had he been deceitful? Perhaps, but now she was safe at home with her parents. Taking a step back, Osiris prepared to retreat. "I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up, Liliana, but this is what is best for now," he glanced at her parents and dipped his head; a silent apology. 

Then, Osiris turned and retreated without another word back into the glen—not giving any of them the chance to object. He had made a mistake in telling her that she could join, and it was a lesson he would not soon forget.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Sorry for my delay! This time of year is a jerk. So short post to get rolling again

He didn't have much to say at first -- not because there wasn't anything to say, but more because he didn't know what to say. Hearing what she said hurt him. He wanted her to stay here and be happy. His mouth opened, he gawked, mouthing nonexistent words a moment. -- But Osiris cut in, turned, left.

When he finally found his voice, it was quieter, Liliana-- Though the decision had already been made (and not by either of her parents), it still stuck with him, Is that really something you want to do? To.. leave? His mind buzzed, noisy but saying next to nothing. What had he done wrong? He wanted so much for Liliana to be happy-- but here, at home.
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
It was a whirlwind of events, firstly with Osiris coming and resulted into.. Rejection of Liliana's joining of the Glen. She had to blink a few times to realize what had happened, and the factor that her daughter had tried to leave and ask for permission, but it seemed the other realized she was just a small girl, and firmly said no before disappearing back into his territory.

She had the same hurt as Mal; what had she done wrong?

"Do you want to leave us.. That badly?
137 Posts
Ooc — nami
there hadn't been anything to warn liliana of osiris's decision. he'd seemed willing enough for the duration of their journey, so what had changed? what had triggered such a betrayal from someone the young and naive neverwinter girl was beginning to consider a friend? these questions, in their many wordings, replayed in her mind as she watched osiris walk away, and heard her parents' confused pleas for an explanation. 

still shocked, she turned to mal first. i..., she began, her brow furrowing with an overwhelming mix of emotions, i didn't... liliana's voice began to crack as tears welled in the creases of her crystalline eyes and she sought desperately the words to explain. 

she didn't want to leave, but she'd tried, and that made mal's question difficult to answer. miriam's, however: i want to leave you! she cried, you're [i]everywhere! liliana's disgust and anger with her mother had slowly morphed into extreme discomfort, one which made it difficult for her to even think of the willow branch without her chest tightening against itself.

liliana needed to get out of her own skin, leave the situation she'd walked herself into, but knew that it was impossible. her limbs shook as she paced, paws lifted from the ground in a repeating cycle to be flung about without care. how had this happened? another mistake, and it was her fault.

in some ways, this violation hurt more than the first. unlike the stranger, she'd been able to trust osiris, who had proven that even the kindest wolves were capable of cruelty. liliana avoided eye contact with either parent as she tried to walk away and avoid any further explanation.

she's kinda sneaking away? but like the way a dog does when its owner sees it do something wrong LOL
feel free to grab her/call her/whatever
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
His ears tipped back a bit as she turned on Miriam again, and he sort of shadowed behind her but at a slower pace, confused and saddened by the whole thing. He didn't know how to fix what was between Miriam and Liliana. At least Miriam seemed to want to try. That was more than his own father seemed to do. He was out of his depth but he'd try.

A look to Miriam, wondering if she had any thoughts on a solution here, then back to Liliana. You know if something else is wrong you can talk to me and I'll do what I can to make things better, right? That's not just my job as your dad, but also as the leader of this pack. I want to make you as happy as I can. It was rhetorical. He wasn't going to follow her more than that, trailing off after her response or lack thereof. Maybe she just needed to know she was supported? He didn't try to be distant or anything at least.