Stavanger Bay And in the moonlight, all we're wearing is each other.
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
[Image: giphy.webp]

How was Sunhawk's vacation outside of the Bay?

Absolutely TERRIBLE.

First of all - Wyclops. Wyclops. Nuff said.

Then, while he was scouting for recruits, he ran into two brothers who could have cameo'd as the Menendez brothers. He'd been so busy running from those two Shotgun Killers he managed to end up in the belly of the world's worst Orgy party. He'd have the Saints to thank for his new nightmares of a throat-slit wolf coming at him with only one eyeball (Wyclops cameo, but he's not a dream psychiatrist and only knows that the Saints are mad fucked up and it's not his fault his brain is trying to fabricate dreamworlds to make sense of their bloodthirsty nastiness.

Bone tired, Sunhawk strolled back to the Bay with a new limp. That did nothing to douse his spirits. In his best Bender Rodrigrez voice, he threw back his head and bellowed "I'M BACK, BABY. WHO MISSED ME?! I missed me. I missed the shit out of me." He exhaled happily, relieved to shrug off the heavy weight of hundreds of miles and lots and iots of psychopaths. Who knew the Teekon was such a hotbed of psychosis? Not he.
143 Posts
Ooc —
"I'M BACK, BABY. WHO MISSED ME?! I missed me. I missed the shit out of me."

The confident shout made his head whip in the direction of the call. He didn’t recognize the voice whatsoever. Tahoe had inhabited the bay for a near month, the wolf’s scent was most definitely foreign as well. He wondered why a stranger would choose to announce their presence with such audacity, especially on claimed territory. Though, they sounded like they might’ve had a screw loose anyway, considering their odd choice of a ‘greeting’. Perhaps they knew someone from Ironclan, but he would have to find out. Tahoe hastily started toward the call, eyeing a dark coated wolf up ahead, his hackles bristling.

Who the hell’re you? He demanded brusquely, tail raised.
[Image: 3mHVCR-I7kLGqw7uPKuGBbUzDw9xLSEZi4v_D18o...uE8HfK.png]
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Any moment now, the Welcome Committee would come in. Streamers would fly, confetti would be shot off in small rocket bursts, great kazoos honked from every corner, babies kissed (and made), women cheering and carried off, a buffet would be rolled out with confectionaries, chocolate fountains, and sweets, champagne bottles would be popped and tall shot glasses overflowing . . . . . . .

Oh, I'm sorry, where were we?

Sunhawk was snatched from daydreaming by the sight of a wolf. A wolf so unpleasantly decorated with scars that he might have resembled Wyclops. Sunhawk's grin fell as he looked this man up and down. Tall. Ridiculously scarred. Very brusque. Chewed up like a shark took a few bites and then lost interest - probably on account of his meat being so old and dried. Ayup, must be the kraken's brother. "You Umbra's brother? Or her new beau..?" This man was just the right age for grandma (sidenote: That age is 'way older than Sunhawk ever wants to be'). "I'm Sunhawk. Who the hell're you?"
143 Posts
Ooc —
He inwardly scoffed at the assumption. Sunhawk was the boy’s name, he definitely hadn’t heard of him. It seemed as if his superior—Umbra—must’ve though, since he knew her by name. Tahoe’s stance eased, but he remained on guard. The wolf seemed unpredictable; plus the blatant disregard for the pack’s borders had already vexed him.

No. Name’s Tahoe. He answered. How d’you know Umbra?
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Stavanger Bay (or Umbra) seemed to.. collect wolves of a certain disposition.

Humorless, unforgiving, rockhearted people. In Sunhawk's estimation, that translated to one thing:

[Image: dDUW.gif]

He blink-blonked at Tahoe a few times for dramatic effect before he fished out a cheeky smile and sauntered forward. (Author's note: I typed saunter, but it was really more of a tripod swaunter (swagger + saunter times LIMP)). "I saved her life. TWICE! She owes me more than a poundcake." Sunhawk winked at the suggestion before he continued past.

"Boy howdy, does Grumba ever have a type." Sunhawk imparted before he pushed by Tahoe's form with a flick of a tail. "Where's the restuva the crew? Cyclops didn't come by and get y'all et, did she?"
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Ironstorm, was the name that was chosen.

She had a preferred name in mind, however with the pack not originally being her own idea, she didn't completely disappear with the name. Besides some rank-changing, she decided to keep Iron as the core foundation, in the way one day, if Winteresbane decided to come back, Umbra would welcome him with open arms. She valued, warriors amongst all else.

Upon the now Sealords claim, she surveyed the area with an newfound energy. Moreso, an interesting scent upon her path came to be, and followed Tahoe with but a simple curiosity. 

Yet, a grand smile played upon her face, as the kraken's tail stood upright with but a simple wag, "Sunhawk," she said with a smirk, "you survived once more." Alongside Tahoe did she place herself, giving the man a nod of comfort- the stranger was no threat.

143 Posts
Ooc —
The crew? It seemed Sunhawk was apart of their little group. An odd, boisterous fellow indeed, but Tahoe dismissed the judgment. As long as the boy wasn’t all talk, he didn’t have objection to his presence. Numbers were vital in these days. Especially since they had recently lost a member.

Cyclops? He repeated, brow furrowed as he eyed the stranger move; noticing the odd gait.

A third joined them now—Umbra. She greeted Sunhawk without a shred of hostility, an open indicator he was no foe. He’d never witnessed the woman express such elation, which momentarily made him second-guess if this was actually Umbra, or a doppelgänger. Tahoe observed simply, awaiting Sunhawk’s reaction to the reunification.
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Sunhawk considered ignoring Tahoe until reinforcements arrived. The man was as talkative as an oak tree, and the only use Sunhawk had for oaks was pissing on them.

His swagger halted mid step when he heard Umbra. Oh, she was as magnificent as ever. Terrifying in the exact same way Wylla was. God, what was with all these bone-chilling women in the Teekon? Sunhawk grinned widely as he was happy to be home. "Grumby!" Came his cajoling response, giving Umbra a once over in approval. "Yes, all legs and eyes accounted for. But, that's probably because I didn't meet you on the road." Sunhawk's breast swelled as he took in a good draught of air. Someone hadn't clued Tahoe in.

"Da Hoe, consider yourself lucky you haven't met Cyclops."  Sunhawk closed one eye, mimicking the great monster that had ambushed them on the cliff. He reared and curled his claws, mimicking the roaming of Cyclops as she scoured for heads to devour and lives to snuffle out. "CYCLOPS roams the cliffs up over yon. Some call her the Northern Terror.  One look is said to chill men down to their mortal souls. If you run across her, you are surely doomed."

Okay, a bit dramatic. Sunny dialed it back with a huge grin. "Umbra here stole her eye."
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
waiting for name change but their new name is: Stormbound, mental note despite pledged name saying otherwise

"I have a few enemies," it wasn't something she was particularly hiding, but nor' was it something Umbra would say it out loud. It wouldn't be wise to state who directly was, for everyone can hear, and by chance, may be an ally to that wolf. However 'cyclops' was a general word and not too many would know her name, not even the two.

"Sunhawk, welcome to Stormbound. I took her eye, and she took a leg, but now we have a land." Obviously so, the Sealord welcomed her companion with open arms and a sadistic grin to her face. She wouldn't hesitate having any join in, and especially so to those who helped her on the day of the cliffs. She wondered where those from the Sentinels were as well..

"This is Tahoe, part of the clan."

143 Posts
Ooc —
The nickname—Cyclops—was fitting for such a creature. He wasn’t all too sure whether if the so-called Northern Terror was a wolf or not, but Umbra’s classifier of her as an enemy gave him the notion.

Ignoring Sunhawk’s humor, Tahoe listened to the tale. He remained unsure about believing it, though he buried any further inquiries. Sunhawk’s theatrics only made him believe it was an exaggeration. A younger version of himself would’ve found amusement in observing such a frivolous re-enactment, but alas, his humor had long run dry. Umbra affirmed the story, but offered no more details—this was something he noted to ask about later on. After all, Umbra’s enemies were now his own.

Whatever the case was, it wouldn’t hurt to.. keep an eye out for Miss Cyclops.

..Interestin’. So it seems you do. He replied in a half-mumble. Anyway, good t’meet you, Sunhawk.
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
It was a remarkable feat in itself that Sunhawk was quiet as Umbra explained to Tahoe the less theatrical side of the story. Sunhawk of course preferred his version. It had everything a good story needed. An ugly villain. The wicked stepmother. A handsome, dashing lad (him).

He was yanked out of daydreaming on account of Tahoe's pleasantness. A big grin speared his face. "An eye for a leg, and land for an eye. Nice." Sunhawk wouldn't mind never seeing Wyclops again. "Pleasure's all mine, Tahoe. Is this is where we're staying for good? Who all is with us? Any pretty ladies?"
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She had already gone used to his antics that it seemed numbing. Perhaps to others an oddity, but welcomed familiarity to Umbra. Never admitting so though, "We have a few ladies, I expect you are nice to them. There is three others alongside Tahoe and I." Perhaps Kore would be a worthy wife to this man, but she could not see Vanity settling down for his humorous moments.

"We have taken the name of Stormbound, though previously known as Ironclan." It seemed Wintersbane has met quite a few in the wilds, and she too used the name for a few loners. It was best to overlap the two now, and correct the future notions. She wondered if he heard such a clan, though if he did, it would only be a surprise. They were quite weak, at the moment.

143 Posts
Ooc —
If Umbra trusted Sunhawk enough, he'd go out on a limb and trust her judgement for the time-being. He couldn't afford to be critical of recruits, especially with their lack of numbers. Stormbound would grow stronger, it needed time—he continually reassured himself. Though, it sure felt odd to hear the pack's new title being used aloud. Hopefully, it would not cause unintended confusion among others.

Umbra had spoken all that was needed. Tahoe stifled a yawn, flicking an ear.

You'll have'ta meet 'em and decide for yourself. He answered plainly. Need'a tour?
no man’s an island, no
73 Posts
Ooc —
Ladies. Being nice. Something about being called Stormhead or Ironbound. Sunhawk nodded along. He could be nice.

"A nice grim name, for a nice grim lady." Sunhawk piped, grinning cheekily as Tahoe stepped in to offer a tour. "Why yes, I would be mucho obliged. We're going to the ladies first, right?" It was a joke but with Sunhawk who knew if he was serious or not.

He followed Tahoe, giving Umbra one last curtsy before the two departed to the Ta-tour.