Redhawk Caldera Not the sort of "do" I usually crash.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
Tag for reference.

With @Figment helping him to reach the Frosthawks the travel time was cut in half; the pair had spent a day or so with the pack and spreading the messages that were requested of them, then turned around to head home. Reyes wasn't sure what to make of all of it. He briefly met the leadership there and let Figment do the majority of the talking, otherwise keeping to the fringe until it was time to depart.

On the way back Reyes was just as sullen. Whenever his traveling companion tried to get him to open up or bond he'd answer in limited fashion; either with a few simple words or a grunt, and keeping his distance. They made it back just as the midday sun reached its apex in the sky and from there Reyes split from the other boy, seeking out a cache to dig up.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Eljay was sweet, but as Wraen slept, it seemed to Maia like she could feel their welcome wearing thin.  Possibly it was just internal, but with two of them there, it felt more and more like they were out of place.  She cared too much about Wraen to let this bother her into pushing to leave earlier, but she also imagined she had a choice as soon as Wraen felt better; join or leave.

Likely it would be the latter, but first Maia needed to talk to Wraen about where to, Eljay about who with, and Towhee if that answer required how often can I visit?  She felt guilty, hoping quietly that Eljay would come with, but the chances of that were so small anyway.  He was happy here, and she didn't want him to lose that.  What if he resented her for it?

Her walk today took her right by Reyes, but she almost didn't notice him at first.  Oh, hey!  She greeted him as she noted him, then recognized he was a wolf and not just some strange background shrub.

WC: 182
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Hi I suck sorry for the wait!

Ready to get back to patrols and hunts and caches and work, Reyes did not notice the passing cloud of grey at all, not until she stopped to greet him. His mind was elsewhere—but her cheerful voice penetrated whatever mental fog had overwhelmed him on his return, sort of like a beam of sunlight after a storm.

Still, he wasn't the most talkative creature. He glanced at her sharply. Hey, the young man countered, the antithesis of all the warmth and sunshine-bright cheer that the woman carried with her.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Fortunately for Reyes (or perhaps unfortunately?), Maia's sun was impervious to stormclouds lately.  It shone regardless, bright enough that she was able to ignore his sharp look and lackaluster greeting.  Hi!  Repeated greeting, yep.  My name's Maia.  My sister and I are just staying... for a bit.  True for Wraen at least, though she hesitated at the implication that she'd already decided.

Nice to meet you...  She let her tone trail off, waiting on a name.  She didn't recognize him from before!  Which meant he was new, and that meant he was interesting.  She wondered what kind of stories he had to tell, though she knew better than to ask immediately.  Most of the time.