Chimera Fields Enter Stage left.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The large male swept across the land like a ghost, his white pelt was mostly white today which was surprising even to himself, he wondered vaguely if he should make and offering soon, He felt he’d be in need of the gods guidance soon.

Though autumn and winter were slowly killing all plant life there were herbs that only could be harvested appropriately in this weather. These elusive plants were what he sought today and he had traveled far and wide in search of them. Slowly he halted and heaved a deep breath casually looking slowly left then right. Though he was looking for plants his bright golden eyes landed on a patch of disturbed soil, was there some food buried here?
He could not help the smile that crept over his maw as he moved over to it and began to dig glancing over his shoulders now and then, hoping the owner of the cache wasn’t about to return.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
A hunter would come, but not a hunter of herbs nor that of the cache he stole from. Likely some unlikely coyote or fox for the woman knew well not to hide food beyond the borders of her territory. 

She caught sight of the man digging about however and thought best to leave him to it and give him a wide birth. After all, the season was changing for the harsher climates and agression would be much higher when it came to food sources especially for a rogue struggling for survival. Kyr knew it to be so, as she had lived the last winter as a loner. Not only this, but he was a big guy and had no intention of facing off him. 

She is quick to move past, back towards the forest in the distance. She makes no effort to hide her approach to that he is not caught off guard.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein’s ears flicked toward the sound but he did not stop digging until the animal buried below was exposed for his taking, He lifted his head and grinned as the other went to move past without introducing herself. Clearly not the owner of this cache then or perhaps she was but didn’t want to start a fight, though she was a fair sized wolf he could still probably sit on her and win a battle of wills. He could not help but picture that scene, and then she could not help the bright smile that then made it’s home on his maw.   

His normal timbre rich, resonating from deep within his chest, that held a rhythmic sensual quality, honed with years of chanting was laced with humour as he asked of her “Care to join me in an easy meal?”

He wouldn’t mind some companionship and conversation, those things were far and few between for a lone traveler like himself. Food was almost more plentiful then conversation and almost more precious to him, even though food would always, always come first.

He then turned back to the prize he had unearthed and gripped it in his jaws, hauling using his body as a counter weight attempting to tug it free, despite the fact it was still half buried.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
To her surprise, the man spoke out to her, causing her to stop in her tracks and turn around to face him. He was a solid white fellow from what she could tell, large and he reminded her of one of her packmates even to his golden eyes. He could have easily been the brother of her Beta, she thought to herself. 

You'd share a meal with a stranger? She questions, curious. Typically, loners would stick together when they could, hunting together if it meant for a greater benefit of a larger kill. A small free meal in a cache like this? Well, sharing could mean going hungry faster but he didnt quite look to be struggling in the least bit as it were. 

Here, She spoke as she came nearer. Her long legs were her best asset and she knew she could spring away quick should he mean her harm in the long run. I'm a fast digger- Let me while you pull. She offered and so long as he didnt have any objections, began quickly digging around the sides of the kill. Seemed bigger then some scraps of rabbit as she had originally expected.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
if you want to fight a badger along side Vein bring it in, if not ignore the idea and we came move on :)

Vein got his first good look at the female wolf as she took him up on his invitation, he admired how quickly she worked. Dirt flew in all directions, he timed his tugs so that he was not pulling her off balance, It looked like they were freeing a hind quarter of what was once possibly an elk, it had a faint scent of badger upon it.

The industrious fauna likely having buried this and had been feeding off it for a while now, badgers made the best caches they found fresh kills or dead animals and just moved in burying the entire kill despite the size, they then lived in the cache off their prize.

He had come across an entirely buried two human cows once that had died after escaping the humans, As he had eaten an entire cow to himself over several days, He watched in fascination as the badger dug below the cow and then completely bury the entire animal, he almost felt bad digging it back up and eating it before moving on, almost.

Although this begged the question where was the badger? They were nasty fauna. He could not help but look around as he tugged again suddenly scrambling backwards more quickly then he had anticipated since he had been distracted and not ready to the last of the dirt to be moved. He did not let go of the haunches though he just ran backwards which wide eyes as he somehow managed to keep his balance getting the prize up the small embankment that had been created in the process of freeing it. He grinned at her finally dropping the meat and regaining his composure “I’m Vein” he offered to her, keeping his eyes on her and furtively glancing around her just incase…
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
I'm down for that.

Lithe build did fine work, her long, strong legs moving the dirt as the large snowy wolf pulled at what was looking like a large back-end of an elk. However buried it was quite the digger and as they were getting the meal all out, she realized as much as to why-A badger, fitting with short and thick muscled legs with long and sharp claws.

Alas, the thing was out of the cache and she lifts her head up to watch the large man scramble backwards as he tried to keep from falling over from the sudden freedom of the meal they uprooted. She couldn’t help but laugh aloud, shaking out her coat and watching him with curious icy eyes. This would be the part where the loner would decide to keep his end of the bargain or if he was going to attempt running off with the food for himself.

He stayed, however, true to his word which was something Kyr wouldn’t forget. Those that didn’t stick to their word often outweighed those who did. Vein was his name, he said. It reminded her of 'Vanity' which had stayed within their forest for a brief time. I'm Vallkyrie Archer. She would introduce, though their little chit-chat would be cut-off short by the rumble of a creature from behind her. Whipping around, she and Vein would be faced off with a charging, snarling, and very pissed off badger.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
ok so I went down a rabbit hole… or rather a badger hole. I looked up video’s of wolves and badgers fighting *Cough* for research purposes… and even saw a badger take on 6 lionesses and WIN holy crap!

Vein offered her an award winning smile, that turned into a look of horror, he nearly cringed as a badger lunged out of the hole Vallkyrie Archer just vacated.

Vein quickly assessed that at least a little luck would be on their side, she got out of the hole. Fighting one of these on it’s turf would be a very bad thing. These black and white beasties fought dirty, literally, Flinging dirt in a fight going for a blinding so it could get another bite in. At least the soft dirt of the hole was not within easy access right now.

Vein opened his maw and roared just as the badger screamed, the cacophony sending birds scattering in all directions.  He lunged in knowing grabbing this creature would likely end with himself getting bitten worse, they had incredibly loose skin and exceedingly tough fat layer that was hard to bit through.

Knowing that he had to protect the female he had unwittingly put in danger or maybe he was protecting the meal they had worked so hard to dislodge, Either way he lunged in and snapped at the creatures haunch then lunged back just as quick, The Badger was quicker though and the thing bit him on the throat just under his chin while Vein had lunged back. The ball of wolf and badger moved past the female and drew the badger further out of the hole.

Vein roared as the badger started thrashing with his flesh and pelt in his mouth, his blood began to run down his neck. The large male raised a paw and smacked it down on the Badger, without hesitation the badger let his neck go and went for his paw grunting and roaring the whole time.

Vein reared up on his hind legs trying to get out of range of the beast the moment he felt it's grip on his neck loosen just barely. The badger then whipped around toward it’s second target, it was smart enough to know as one opponent was retreating the other might be honing it and it wanted to beat the other wolf to the punch. It lunged at Vallkyrie while Vein was otherwise indisposed recovering from his awkward retreat.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Yeah I don’t see them winning against a badger. Lmfao. They are pretty mean sobs.

It didn’t take much at all for this man, Vein as she now knew him, to react and throw himself into battle, be it directly into harm's way or not. The very moment the badger was charging into their direction, the great white wolf was charging right back, spitting venom with his snarl in all his wake. Whether the loner was fighting the badger in defense of the food or in defense of Kyr herself, the huntress was not certain. Either way, she smiled in knowing he was fighting for them regardless.

Vallkyrie was far more hesitant to react to direct combat. Whilst she could defend her own quite well enough, she did not often spar and practice in order to keep up her skill level. She was a huntress and scout at her best. But she was just that, a hunter and so fought in a manner that would bleed out her opponent like prey as opposed to a full on and one of one combat maneuver.

Vallkyrie would begin to encircle the badger, snarling and snapping loudly, doing her best to try to both get the creature's distraction and stay out of Vein's way so that he would be able to land a hit on the creature well enough that it might back down. Alas it was not to be and when blood was split it was not in their favor. Coming from below, the badger got right up under Vein's jawline to his throat, blood spilling to the earth.

Kyr came to defense, aiming to lung at the creature's back side, only to have the badger quickly whip around on her and charge. Vallkyrie was as quick as ever and yet surprisingly for such a short and stocky build, the badger was quick all the same. As she was back peddling away, the badge managed to bite her foreleg though was unable to bite fully down onto it to hold her in place. His teeth sliced down the length of her leg as she wretched away, leaving long (though lucky not deep) trails of wounds on her limb.

Vein, fuck the meat, lets go! She shouted to the man as she began to scamper away from the cache, nudging and prodding the loner along to get his fuzzy big butt moving.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
The white brute frowned at the senseless loss of blood as he watched her blood hit the ground, oh the rituals he could perform with such a perfect offering, alas this was not the time. Vein agreed in retreat being the best option; however he did not agree in leaving the meat.

He started the follow her, but just could not leave the meal that they had now bled for. He then turned and grabbed up the thickest chunk of meat in his wide maw. The badger saw him and snarled a warning lunging for the meat as well. Vein spun just a bit further and got the meat between him and the badger allowing the creature the grab the other side of the meat. It was then that wolf and Badger became locked in a vicious game of tug of war.

This was a war he could mostly win, and indeed as the meat tore free, the badger fell backward into the hole holding only a small portion of it’s former feast in it's blood covered maw. Vein still held the lions share in his.

This is when he finally turned tail and followed Vallkyrie’s lead, it was not hard to find her the the trail of blood left behind was concerning to him, even though his own wounds bled. He soon caught up and it didn’t seem the badger had followed them, since it had some meat it was content to keep it’s life and it’s reduced cache, if not anything else badgers were smart.

He lay the now slightly smaller haunch of meat at Vallkyrie’s feet and used the motion to peer at her leg, probably staring at her wound a little more then was a comfortable amount of time. He lifted his head and looked at her. “I can help you with that, I will need to get my herbs from a nearby portable cache I have, if you will let me.” He shifted to a regal standing position  and offered her smile his voice a rich chanting timber as he asked in all seriousness “Would you allow me the honour of treating your wounds milady?
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Towards home she went, as she had originally intended before the pair of wolves got distracted by the possibility of an easy meal. But easy it was not. Still, worth the effort if they had been able to get some of it home, at least for Vallkyrie who had a pack filled with many young wolves yet to have the skills for much successful hunts on their own. However, she hadn't anything to show for savor slices of torn skin down her foreleg. It was sore and when she was sure there was enough distance between her and the badger she turned around. Vein was not behind. 

She stands, injured leg lifted as she pants heavily, pale blue eyes seeking out the large white wolf in the tall grasses. Soon, he appeared, a large chunk of meat in his jaws. Kyr couldnt help the smirk which pulled at her mug. 

Settling down the meat, he accessed her gaze, for awhile and in doing so Vallkyrie shifts her leg back. He stands direct then, asking if she would allow him to dress her wounds by a cache he had not far. Your a healer? A more rhetorical question then anything. If he was often a loner perhaps he had the need to learn for his own survival. And then she adds, No, I'll be fine until I make it back to my pack. We've a healer in our ranks. She informed and denied him together. Soon medicines will be much harder to find and I'd hate to use your supply.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
The large white brute lifted his head and frowned, He had hoped to treat her and steal some blood to offer the gods, now he would have to be plain about it. “It really is no bother, honestly you would be doing me an honour, for I need blood to offer the gods. So in return for my herbs I will get the more precious resource of wolf blood.” He smiled at her then hoping his simple explanation would entice her not send her running and screaming into the horizon never to look back. “Wolf blood is a far more worthy offering to the gods then the blood of prey animals, though they enjoy that too in proper quantities

He turned and trotted off returning within moments carrying a large wolf skull and and large moose skull tied together with vines upside down filled as buckets with a multitude of herbs and seeds in them.

He nosed around in the wolf skull and tugged a small bird skull out of it and set it up against her paw to collect the blood as it flowed down her leg.

This time he had not waited for her approval as he sniffed the bundles of herbs tugging a bit of Creosote Bush leaves from the collection, He then moved to a pine tree and broke branches got pine sap he then chewed both the sap and the leaves making a paste. He returned to her and check the contents of the skull below her wound as he contnued chewing meticiously not allowing much saliva to get into his paste, he had much skill with that too.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
He goes on, to try and convince thar by healing her wound he would actually be doing her a favor- he could collect the blood which welled down her leg. She wondered if he would take which split naturally or if he had an intention to try and pull more from her and he sure did have the force behind him in order to do so. She was skeptical, weary, and it showed as she watched him with a cautious eye and yet curiosity tugged at her none the less. 

Okay... She said only as her agreement, watching as he dashed away to collect his belongings. Her head tossed over her shoulder, seeing how far the protection of her forest was should she have the need to make a break for it. 

Upon his return, she was impressed with his collection. Even as a traveler, he did not go low on supply. Tied with think vines were two skulls, predator and prey and within them various seeds and herb. He began to work, settling a tiny bird skull to her leg for which she leaned her limb against for the 'blood collection'. In many views it could be considered morbid but the woman was left to wonder how her blood could help. Waste not want not and all that. Soon, her wound would coagulate, the slices down her leg stopped its flow. She looked to white wolf who chewed away at the leaves in his mouth. Maybe he was almost done...

After you collect the blood, how do you offer it to your Gods? Sacrifices of their own species were rarely carried out in Torbine, not unless desperation forced it so. However, they did offer other things to their Gods, including kills.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein hummed in appreciation as he noticed the bird skull was almost half full by the time her bleeding slowed, he’d have to start it up again in order to assure no infection would grow in her leg. Those badger’s were known for a creating nasty infected wound.

The white brute grinned at her she had asked the right question as far as her was concerned, and maybe he might make an acolyte out of her, Though that remained to be seen. She did seem malleable and if not obsequious then at least trusting.

Vein casted about until her found a flat rock then he smoothed his paw along the top cleaning it off. Should her had a proper den he’d not need to worry about the cleanliness of his surfaces, though he was often filthy himself, his tools were never left uncared for.

With great tenderness he rolled the paste from his tongue onto the rock, it was now a light yellowy green and consistent texture, he eyed it carefully and sniffed it all over making sure his finished product was nothing less then perfection.

He opened his moth wide and picked up the entire rock bringing it over to his patient careful to walk slowly so as to not break a tooth or drop his products. Setting the rock beside the small collection “There are many ways to offer things to the gods, it depends on which favor you might wish to curry from them.”  With his muzzle next to her wound he sniffed it, but there were no signs on infection yet, indeed there would not be for a few days to come if left untended. She would be far luckier this day, she would not even gain a scar from this endeavour

He managed to sound sincere when he added “This will be bothersome, I need it to bleed anew for my poultice to work” He licked her leg swiftly, in several deft stokes, breaking open the scab and causing more bleeding. Rather then spit out the drying blood he swallowed it before adding in his rich lilting timber hoping to distract her from the fact he was going to let her bleed longer then necessary for his work  “I wish to beg for directions, a decisive plan of where to set up shop and  a warm spring and quick growth of my herbs, that my seeds all take” He grinned  “All so that I alone will have the widest variety of healing to offer those who need of me.  For if I can offer the best services of healing then I can obtain premium prices from those who need it and therefore I can offer even more to the gods.” The light males voice became serious “I just need to convince them to listen and wolf blood; of course is the most enticing. So tonight I will perform a ceremony and you are free to observe if you wish, perhaps help

Finally Vein moved to his poultice, he lifted then brushed his foreleg across his tongue to dry it just a bit, then scooped up the poultice and began to smear it deftly along her wound. She’d notice a slight sting at first then nothing, as the anaesthetic effect of the leaves began to work, the mix of the creosote and pine would work together both killing off anything that could cause infection and blocking anything from getting into the wound to cause infection later. By the time he was done he noted with satisfaction the collection bowl he had used was almost 3/4 full. He’d not have to bleed himself so much after all. He carefully lifted the skull and placed it atop his herbs without spilling a single drop.

With is prize tucked away safely, Vein frowned then and remembered his own wound. He stretched his neck attempting to glance down at it and moved to lick his ruff trying to find the source of his wound which had long since stopped bleeding. Getting the poultice to this spot was going to be awkward, he worked at his ruff trying to make his own wound bleed again. He glanced sheepishly at his companion, then continued the pull tuft’s his pelt free, that being the only way he could do this himself.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
He grins but speaks not, not yet. Continuing with his work, he would use a flat rock to smooth out the poultice she had made. Vallkyrie only watched, those icy pale eyes seemingly watching each and every move he made. And she was. They had after all just met, she was injured now and he had a quite noticable desire for her split blood. Too happy by the cause of her own injury, it seemed. 

And then he would sniff to her leg again, stating that he needed her to bleed again should his medicines work. Kyr had always secretly thought that having someone spit out a glob of chewed up mess and saliva onto your wounds was rather gross, but to each their own. Vallkyrie had never favored the skill for herself but was grateful for others whom had. Even if they were a bit... odd

Her teeth bared, a silent flash of both warning and to show that him already peeling at her developing scab hurt. He was really enjoying this... 

Vein explained then he wished to pull information from the Gods and with her blood as a sacrifice he hoped that they may hest his plea. Where would this traveler go during the winter? Where should he set up camp so that his skills would be put to good use in exchange for food? And where might be a best place for the longer haul when spring returned to them. 

He tends to her finally and she is relieved by this but his words did him little justice. While I admit I'm curious I'm also certain my Gods are not your own and I have no intention of angering mine. She would make that fact clear and that she would not be aiding, any further then she already had that was, with his ritual. I will watch. After all, being as it was her blood which would be the center of this ritual to take hold, she wanted to know exactly what was all going to be done with it. It was his lucky day, as the prideful Archer had no intention of allowing herself be used as a blood sacrifice again to appease whatever Gods he prayed to. She was certain she would seek out @Aibreann too after this, just in case

Watching him not struggle himself to gather what he needed from his own hide, Vallkyrie quirked her head to the side as he began pulling at his own thick, messy coat. A sigh, a roll of her icy eyes and whilst he was distracted she lurched forward in her sit across from him and snapped sharply above the ankle joint of his front left leg. A quick bite would work, right? Leaning back, she murmurs... That's for ripping my scab...
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
MATURE!!

I’ve been un-inspired lately, sorry about this

He has Jimsonweed, it grows throughout much of North and South America. It is a weedy annual plant with striking white tubular flowers and spiky seed pods. The leaves and seeds contain potent alkaloids that cause hallucinations. Used ceremonially by a number of indigenous peoples, jimsonweed acts as a deliriant and can produce intense spiritual visions.

These are dried out and he will only will be ingesting a small amount

The air around them held a scent of pine and blood, and perhaps some floral scent that was emanating from Vein’s herb collection. The cold crisp air seemed pregnant with some intangible feeling. Something that made the atmosphere seem heavy.  

The large brutish wolf appeared comical in his attempt to self administrate the wound he received upon his neck from their badger attack. His off white teeth tugged clumps of matted hairs from the awkward spot that the badger had bitten him, slowly blood began seeping from the wound again, the spot almost bare of fur now.

Vein smelled the scent of badger spit and was glad he had decided to attend the female, this wound was pungent with the promise of infection the vile saliva of the badger being what it was. If he had not been so eager to treat her then he would have let his own wound be until it had started to fester then he would have needed much more of his precious herbs to fix his laziness. Another sign that the gods wanted her intervention and her blood.

His deep golden eyes looked over her body, he noticed the trepidation in her long before she voiced it; in her posture, the slight hitch in her breath, the unfocused look in her blue orbs just before she made her decision. His ear’s twitched as he took in her words, He decided right then, it was likely her gods and his were one in the same, but she had been taught the wrong ways to serve them. At least that is what this fanatic settled upon, his desire to serve them in his own ways surpassing all else including what others may see as sanity.

He was about to reach for the poultice he had made to apply it to the awkward spot on his neck when Vallkyrie reached down and bit open his leg just above his carpus or wrist, The brutish male didn’t respond not even a flicker of his lip or eye lid. The blood began to flow down his leg not that he paid it any mind for the moment.

Instead Vein picked up his uninjured right paw stuck out his tongue and dried it with his pelt, then he stepped closer to the rock and tongued the last of the poultice with his dry tongue before awkwardly applying it to the bare spot on his neck.

Finally; once that was completed Vein offered his companion a wave his tail a grin as lifted his bleeding left paw. His voice was a deep rich timbre “You saved me some work I see.” He lowered head and placed his bloody paw on his forehead smearing blood from between his ears between his eyes down to the tip of his muzzle. He then bite his leg again renewing the blood as he smeared his cheeks and then proceed to paint his chest with his own blood in the shape of an arrow pointing down, or at lest that was what he was attempting to.

After deciding his artistic work was done he moved to his cache and carefully carried the skull back to the the center of the clearing, then he came back again to his cache and nosed through it for a herb very familiar to him. The leaves were dried but the flower attached to the stem looked like they may have been long and white at some point. He pulled a stem out and placed a single leaf at her paws, his golden eyes flicked up from her paws toward her head as he remained almost bowing at her feet while placing the leaf there. “Only partake in this leaf if you wish to truly see, love” His tongue reached out and flicked across her toes delicately as he stood. She might not even notice the caress of his tongue if she hadn’t seen it.

The large brute then ate a second leaf and returned the rest to his cache tucking it away under a bush, to protect it from contamination. With grace somehow not usually seen in his movement he returned to the center of the clearing and drew a deep breath, bit his own left leg again to produce more bleeding and was finally ready to begin.

Golden eyes flashed to Vallkyrie’s blues, He nodded solemnly, before he closed his and began to chant a foreign dialect in a practiced rich mantra almost but not quite song song like and rhythmic.

He moved around the clear space in which they stood with precise motions, almost a dance like fashion. His eyes remained closed as he moved almost gracefully, blood pooling in specific spots as the practiced patterns he moved in paused in place even though his body never paused in motion, weight shifting from paw to paw or neck craning or relaxing. Giving the blood time to pool before moving on with the ritualistic patterns.

Soon this ‘path’ had him standing precisely in the center of his blood drawn design. Where He finally allowed his leg to slowly clot. His eyes snapped open and his jaw snapped shut the clearing they were in suddenly silent as the grave. The low hum of nature had even seemed to give way to his chant and bow out respectfully. It was a long moment before even the buzz of a few insects hummed into the air.

The Blood covered shaman’s left paw was coated red with his own blood having been left to bleed were it may making it appear like he wore one red sock and one white one. That was soon corrected as he dipped his clean right paw into the skull and chanted almost like he spoke to a lover. Which each sentence he dipped and flicked his paw once sending droplets onto the vegetation and into the air. Turning in a circle as he did so, so that he may flick the blood in a wide arc from him  “Blood is power.” Flick and shift then dip “Blood is life.” Flick and shift then dip “Blood is passion.” Flick and shift then dip “Blood is Warmth.” Flick and shift then dip “Blood is Food.” Flick and shift then dip “Blood is heath” Flick and shift then dip “Blood is death” Flick and shift then dip “Blood is all encompassing.

Vein suddenly tipped the skull upright, upending the tiny bit of blood remaining in the skull upon the ground and lifted his head to the sky and chanted louder as she smacked his paw firmly upon the white bone dome. Painting a paw print on it’s surface “Service through Blood. Servant of Blood

He lowered his head and stared at the ground he breath coming out in short pants as the colours beneath him changed and swirled. He saw eyes staring back up at him, Golden eyes, brown eyes, blue eyes Hazel eyes, several miss matched pairs of eyes, yellow eyes, green eyes. They blinked and stared at him yet the faces of the eyes were ever blurry, no discernible features always hauntingly at the edge of his peripheral vision every time he tried to face on a set of eyes to closely something distracted his focus and the face vanished. In once pair of eyes he saw a hot springs with a tall tree near by  growing up through a rock cover ground In another set of eye that drew his attention he saw a river abundant with fish despite the weather in another set of eyes he saw black birds as the swooped toward him, the white brute flicked back before another set of mismatched eyes caught his attention, in those he saw a pack of wolves more and more eyes wanted his attention in each there was something new to show him, becoming over whelmed Vein squinted his eyes closed and  slammed his butt to the ground then lifted his head skyward and Howled with no kind of harmonious nature just a guttural cry. His eyes snapped open to see a sky swirling with colours akin to the aurora borealis however within those colours were more eyes and blurry faces. He mumbled and whined then lay down and closed his eyes, He cleared his throat and kept his eyes closed, turning his head in the direction of Vallkyrie if she were still there. His voice steady despite the queasiness of his stomach  “They are very talkative tonight
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Blood. He spilt what seemed much more needed, as though he enjoyed it far more then a simple need for the ritual. He painted himself a blood bound warrior and when finished, offered her a single leaf of an herb she could not recall having ever seen before. Then again, she sas no healer and only knew of some basics for survival should she wonder off and get injured on her own. Just some patchwork until she could get looked over by a real medic adept in the trade. Her eyes set downward, looking over the leaf as he would bow before her and set it. A lick to her toes, a fleeting gesture that sent the hairs along her spine rising. She lowers her nose, sniffing the leaf, nose crinkling in dislike. 

Head still lowered in between her forelegs as she sat, icy pale eyes trained back to the large, dirtied wolf in front of her. He stared back, his flamed gaze to her ice and he would then begin to chant to the Gods which he sought to seek fortune from. He danced in a circle, a sway, a trot, a twist as he moved around in ritualistic pattern. In Vallkyrie's own chest, her heart pounded, a drum to the beat of his movements. Her breath, a nervous pant, a breath to rythmn with his chant. 

It was not uncommon for her brethern to call out to the Gods, to make totems and perform festivals and rituals in their honor. Blood sacrifice was only reserved for desperate times though in such times it may end up being in the death of others. A hardship, a mourning for their loss and desperate plea that their death would ensure the life of others. Dancing around happily in blood as Vein now did was a bit different then what the dark stories she was told. 

There was a fear about Vallkyrie, a fear that perhaps being here even to witness might enrage her Gods. There was a fear too that despite having not eaten the leaf she may see these blood Gods which Vein spoke of now. 

He stopped then, closing his mouth quick and as such so did Kyr, snapping her mouth closed and ending her pant. She held the whine (or was the a growl?) in her throat as all fell silent and still. Blood then splattered outward by his paws, falling in tiny drops at the Huntress feet as he spoke. Shaman and priestess as he, were both feared and respected amongst her people. Strong, dangerous and mystical beings who's knowledge went beyond the realm of mortality. And if one who worshipped the Gods as such were not careful could tread into the dark arts and evil doings. Vallkyrie could only wonder if Vein here was a good white witch or some wicked witch of the west...

Vein would atsre unto the grasses under his feet and she would stare at him. He was seeing things, jerking and yowling out in a manner that had Vallkyrie tense (even more so) and her body scrambling upward back onto those long limbs of hers. She didnt know if she should shake him back to their mortal world or if she should leave him lost there and so Vallkyrie only froze, planted in her spot without the ability to decide if she should stay, leave, or even help.  

Finally, he would turn in her direction, his eyes pressed shut, murmuring of the Goda being so talkative. But what did they say? What did they show? She imagined if she truly wanted to know she would have eaten the herb. She was no priestess, after all and couldnt imagine being able to dicifer the message of the Gods even if she had seen it. So she only asks the blood shaman then... Do they give you the direction you seek?
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
I am so sorry. I’ve drawn a blank on where to go with Vein on this I tried several ways and none seemed right…

The overlarge white brute laying down surrounded by the drying blood, set has head upon his paws and sighed softly keeping his eyes closed, he responded in a clear voice “They do in their own way…" He paused then trying to rein in his frustration "Vauge as usual, only time will show me the places they are guiding me towards and when I see these signs, I will know I am where I need to be.” After a few minutes his breathing evened out as sleep claimed him drawing him more deeply into visions, be they real or not only he would be able to determine, if he remembered them when he awoke.

Their meal left forgotten on the ground not to far from them. Vein would not be roused for a few hours, unable or unwilling to wake.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
That's completely fine! We can draw a conclusion.

A weariness came over the man, the visions of the Gods plaguing his mind, bringing him to a much needed rest and after their scuffle with the badger Vallkyrie could not help but feel the same.

She watches him a moment longer, certain that he was deep in his sleep before making a move. He was an odd man indeed and although he had not done her (much) harm, she had no intention of sticking around until he rose.

Lifting up and making way over towards the stored meat they had been able to scavenge from the badger, the huntress took all that she could into her jaws and promptly began rushing towards the safety of home. Completely content never to see the badger, nor this man, again.